Game Day Carlton v Essendon Gameday Discussion - Rd 3, 2014 *No trolls or lurking likers*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been saying this for years, but the difference on size between us and the top teams is just vast.

We have a lot of slim or short players, like Thomas, Simpson, Ellard, Garlett, Robinson, Gibbs, Yarran, Buckley. Just too many.

We don't have players built like Hocking, Goddard, Chapman, Watson, Hibberd, Myers.

I know that doesnt mean the difference between winning and losing, but gee, it must make it harder for us.

Is Murph injured he looks "tentative" to receive body contact?

I just cannot put my finger on what the problem is .... we are so bad ... breaks my heart.

We have to start from scratch ... do it properly.

I am happy to wait 5 years ... this is just a discrace

Sakc Noah Malthouse

Can't argue with this. His game plan is out of the Ark. Determined to prove it's worth, as the game passes him by.
The players are not blameless, but are trying to play for their spots and careers. They have the threat of being punted
if they don't do it the Malthouse way. Long kicks down the boundary mean turnovers and pressure coming the other way.
Our boys move for the get out kick and the corridor is left vacant. Good footy. The players are confused.

Hated the footage of him having a ball pre game kicking with Daisy. Deserves kudos for some of his coaching, but has not moved with the times and surrounds himself with those of the same ilk. Let's not forget Alan Richardson given his marching orders and a payout when Ratten left
Mick didn't want him, too much of a threat? Did a great job at Port Adelaide and has the Saints competitive when most of
us had them with the 'spoon. MM been a good/great motivator he has not moved with the times. Similar to our 2008-11 recruiting for bygone times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only difference between us and witches hats right now is that the witches hats don't kick it straight to the opposition.

If some fool had told me at the end of the 2011 season I would be seeing what I have just seen in round 3 2014 I would have laughed in their face. Joke is on me.

When so many skill errors come from players you know are highly skilled then something is rotten in Denmark.

I will say this however: essendon will beat freo next week. Last week was no flash in the pan. Hirds banishment has been a boon for the Bombers.

When Bret Thornton got beaten in a one on one contest you could see the frustration on his face, the drive to win, even if he didn't have the ability.

I don't see much from this group.

That said there was plenty of apathetic crap performances in the Pagan years too.
Had a habit of playing his best footy against the Dons

Can't argue with this. His game plan is out of the Ark. Determined to prove it's worth, as the game passes him by.
The players are not blameless, but are trying to play for their spots and careers. They have the threat of being punted
if they don't do it the Malthouse way. Long kicks down the boundary mean turnovers and pressure coming the other way.
Our boys move for the get out kick and the corridor is left vacant. Good footy. The players are confused.

Hated the footage of him having a ball pre game kicking with Daisy. Deserves kudos for some of his coaching, but has not moved with the times and surrounds himself with those of the same ilk. Let's not forget Alan Richardson given his marching orders and a payout when Ratten left
Mick didn't want him, too much of a threat? Did a great job at Port Adelaide and has the Saints competitive when most of
us had them with the 'spoon. MM been a good/great motivator he has not moved with the times. Similar to our 2008-11 recruiting for bygone times.
Mick did inherit this list of players and they were just never good enough. Ratts tried hard but it was simple they were NOT UP TO IT. Mick was the messiah but even he fell for the hard sell and big $ given to him. Which of our 22 are walk ins at Haw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back