Autopsy Carlton v St. Kilda - 85 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

'Supporters' yesterday were annoying me. :mad:

If they want to rant and rave every time he goes near the ball, I wish stay home and do it where I don't have to listen. ;)

That whipping boy mindset just does my head in. Determined to keep hating, regardless of how the player concerned is actually performing on the day.

Why do "supporters" like that bother going to the footy, if they're determined not to see anything good?

That whipping boy mindset just does my head in. Determined to keep hating, regardless of how the player concerned is actually performing on the day.

Why do "supporters" like that bother going to the footy, if they're determined not to see anything good?

This is what i find puzzling about some so called supporters. The team is having it's best win it's had in a very long time
and rather than just sit back and enjoy it they still want to pot their own players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what i find puzzling about some so called supporters. The team is having it's best win it's had in a very long time
and rather than just sit back and enjoy it they still want to pot their own players.

Does my head in.

At Etihad home games I sit a few rows behind these 3 absolute muppets. All they do is hang shit on Malthouse and a their current whipping boys.

Last year it was Gibbs. But he has stuck it right up them this year and they haven't abused him this year.

Yesterday it was Murphy. They were yelling out abusing him. Calling him "****ing soft" etc.

How my conversation went with them.

IBB- Pull your head in would you. If you don't want to support the boys then go home.

Muppet number 1- He is soft and a shit captain and you know it.

IBB- Honestly just shut up pal you are making an idiot of yourself.

Muppet #1- I will shut up when he wins a hard ball.

About 10 minutes later Murphy goes back with the flight eyes only for the ball. Gets crunched in the marking contest.

IBB- WAS THAT ONE HARD ENOUGH FOR YOU PAL?

Didn't hear a peep out of the goose for the rest of the game.

Onya Murph!

A lot of young raw kids have some off kicking when they initially get to afl level, whilst they are adjusting to everything. Only be concerned if it remained a trend after a decent amount of games but by all reports johnno is a good user in general

A lot of young raw kids have some off kicking when they initially get to afl level, whilst they are adjusting to everything. Only be concerned if it remained a trend after a decent amount of games but by all reports johnno is a good user in general
Malthouse is a pretty good wrap for him too. Has a role to play, and until Robbo or Garlett are lining up with form, then its his to keep.

On Johnson, leave him in the side. I'm not concern about his kicking yet as this will take time as he is new into the team and adjusting. As long as his team mates get around him his kicking will improve.
People continually say Carlton don't have any good young players coming through but to be honest if Johnson keeps building and stays in the team then what we've seen from Menzel, Docherty, Buckley, Cripps, Johnson as well as Graham averaging 30 touches in the VFL and looking good in his last game against the Hawks gives us something to build on for the future.

Brocks stab pass to White was probably the best pass of the year from a Carlton player.
Yeah but everyone loves those 2, just trying to pump someone up who this board hates haha
The 2009 draft curse. Equaled by Lucas winning the clearance and showing the poise to set up Buckley's goal against WC.

Johnson chases with intent and is a strong tackler for his age, Malthouse wants this from his forwards, this is why Garlett and Waite are in the reserves, they've got lazy. You've either got to kick a heap of goals or you have to chase hard and set them up. Johnson lead up from deep and took marks outside the 50, something we've been lacking for a few years now and he chased with intent so gets a big tick for me. Like Menzel he looks to get his marks from leads which complement our bigger forwards who tend not to do this so much. Waite and Garlett have either not chased or chased without intent all year. I'd like to see Johnson get to the feet of marking contests a bit more and work on his crumbing, he plays a bit like a center half forward which is fine but for his size needs to add this dimension to his game. I feel Menzel could look to crumb a bit more as well, tends to prefer to play as a marking forward but needs to do more tackling and crumbing at the feet of the big guys.

Yarran's crumbing on the weekend was sublime, something our young smaller forwards need to have a good look at and take note of.

At the game yesterday & Johnson's field kicking is better than his kicking at goal - seems to me once he gets that 1st goal monkey off his back he will be ok........I hope.

Johnson chases with intent and is a strong tackler for his age, Malthouse wants this from his forwards, this is why Garlett and Waite are in the reserves, they've got lazy. You've either got to kick a heap of goals or you have to chase hard and set them up. Johnson lead up from deep and took marks outside the 50, something we've been lacking for a few years now and he chased with intent so gets a big tick for me. Like Menzel he looks to get his marks from leads which complement our bigger forwards who tend not to do this so much. Waite and Garlett have either not chased or chased without intent all year. I'd like to see Johnson get to the feet of marking contests a bit more and work on his crumbing, he plays a bit like a center half forward which is fine but for his size needs to add this dimension to his game. I feel Menzel could look to crumb a bit more as well, tends to prefer to play as a marking forward but needs to do more tackling and crumbing at the feet of the big guys.

Yarran's crumbing on the weekend was sublime, something our young smaller forwards need to have a good look at and take note of.

I can't agree with the idea here (I note that you said it's fine but they have to add the crumbing dimension) ... If your medium-sized forwards are capable of leading hard, creating space on their opponents and taking marks (as Menz and Johnson are proving to be), what difference does it make if they're 186cm or 196cm? ... You could easily have a forward line of 6x 186cm players if they're all capable of doing that ... As has been focussed on a number of times by myself and many others, if Menz was being utilised he would be having a huge number of shots on goal from set-shots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Carlton v St. Kilda - 85 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back