Cats Crying About Baker!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

12-5=7

Basic maths you should probably learn sometime.

You also got a goal from the resulting centre bounce so it was effectively an extra 11 pts you were handed by the umpires. Also the momentum you got from those two goals can't be measured in points.

Non story, Thompson is right that the umps need to do their job. If they did last time SJ might not have smacked SB and SB might not have missed half a season.
No one won out of the umpires incompetence/ lack of accountability from the first bounce.

I hope Baker plays. He is not even AFL standard.

He doesn't have to be to distract Johnson

with a bit of luck he might be able to distract Mooney as well

just like last time :thumbsu:

You also got a goal from the resulting centre bounce so it was effectively an extra 11 pts you were handed by the umpires. Also the momentum you got from those two goals can't be measured in points.

BAHAHAHAA..... give it a rest mate, you lost - clutching at straws at its worst.

Didnt you guys kick the next three?? one of which was a very VERY dubious free kick paid in the goal square?

I always felt those goals to the Cats ruined a purple patch of goals we would have got just after half time. I truly believe that we would have won by 44 points if Hawkins' goal had been called a poster. I'm still really angry about it. I never want to meet that goal umpire as I will just explode.
Johnno to kick 5.

Do you ever post in relation to anything that isn't Geelong?

Yes I do, but the problem most Geelong people have is they don't take any notice unless it's all about Geelong. It's as simple as this ... I'll start posting something positive about geelong the moment I see any Cats fan post something positive about Hawthorn. Fair enough? All I've read from Cats people since the 2008 GF is pure garbage and I'm only repaying the favour.

Yes I do, but the problem most Geelong people have is they don't take any notice unless it's all about Geelong. It's as simple as this ... I'll start posting something positive about geelong the moment I see any Cats fan post something positive about Hawthorn. Fair enough? All I've read from Cats people since the 2008 GF is pure garbage and I'm only repaying the favour.

Cheer up bro, you are so darn bitter.

Way to generalise. I know I myself have posted a few good things about the Hawks, including one a few weeks ago when talking about their elite players. And I am just one supporter. If I could be bothered, I could look and probably find dozen of posts from Cats supporters regarding the Hawks in a complimentory light.

Your just a jaded moron.

It was all Thompson's crying about Baker in the first place that contributed to him being suspended for 9 weeks.
No doubt the umpires will be watching Baker and Johnson like hawks if they are playing on each other so they will need to be careful. Hopefully they watch both sides though and don't just go on a witchhunt against Baker paying soft free kicks.

You are kidding right?

I think it was Bakers premeditated attacks on Johnston that got him suspended.

Play within the rules and spirit of the game, plenty of ways to legally unsettle your opponent but Baker went ahead and basically tried to win by cheating.

I have no respect for any player who does this, you are there to win a football match not beat up your opponent and attack his injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and Geelong only won a flag because the goal umpire was blind as Stevie Wonder.

Hey princess, you forgot to mention the weather. Didn't stop Harry Taylor taking contested marks. Perhaps if your Captain didn't try to take mark of the year at every opportunity and spoil a team mate who was in position to take an easy uncontested one then your rabble might have got a bit closer :D

I think most people can differentiate between a player who plays the game fair and square (Harry Taylor) and someone who just wants to committ lowlife offences off the ball (Steve Baker).

I hope Baker plays. He is not even AFL standard.

I agree - Baker can have all the training runs and game simulations he wants, but Champion players struggle to play good footy first game back let alone that first game being a final - and Baker being far from a champion:rolleyes:

And furthermore, Thompson said:
"I've read somewhere that he's going to be back and I probably expect him to be on Johnson. It will be interesting to see what happens,'' Thompson said.

"I just hope it's good for the umpires to come out and just take control of the match straight-up and that would have saved all the hassle out of last time we played.

"Finals are serious games. There's a lot at stake and umpires need to take control early.''

At no point did he say that he wants the umpires to crack down on Baker. You guys need to stop reading the herald sun headlines and taking it as gospel.

And his comments were spot on. If the umpires actually umpired and did their jobs, Baker would have had a few free kicks awarded against him for illegal tactics instead of getting away with it and the situation escilating and neither player would have been suspended.

More Cats fans running scared :eek::eek:

Scared of Baker giving SJ yet another Towelling obviously.

Meh

ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon has questioned the consistency of umpiring after skipper Nick Riewoldt was the target of constant physical attention in his comeback match against Brisbane on Saturday night.

Riewoldt was bumped, buffeted and niggled off the ball regularly, with Lions midfielder Amon Buchanan and ruckman Mitch Clark the main offenders.

Riewoldt's frustration boiled over at three-quarter-time when, having been bumped in the back by Buchanan, he dragged the Lion to the ground, sparking a melee.

Lyon described the tactics by Brisbane as ''garbage'' on Saturday night and yesterday queried why no action had been taken by umpires Robert Findlay, Damien Sully and Stuart Wenn.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...r-riewoldt-cops-attention-20100711-105na.html

Non story, Thompson is right that the umps need to do their job. If they did last time SJ might not have smacked SB and SB might not have missed half a season.
No one won out of the umpires incompetence/ lack of accountability from the first bounce.

Agreed, should have stepped in earlier instead of leaving it to the MRP to sort out.

Imagine if Riewoldt was on the end of that kind of treatment. Would have kicked 10.

A centre bounce is an equal opportunity scenario. What happened after the goal has nothing to do with the goal.

Yes but it was an equal opportunity scenario that shouldn't have happened. Had it been paid a point as it should have then we would have had a kick out with a greater than 50% chance of winning possession.

Anyway enough about the GF, this thread is about Friday night's game and it should be a cracker if our last few games are anything to go by. I just hope the umpires don't ruin it with overumpiring and let both teams just go at it.

Meh

Quote:
ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon has questioned the consistency of umpiring after skipper Nick Riewoldt was the target of constant physical attention in his comeback match against Brisbane on Saturday night.

Riewoldt was bumped, buffeted and niggled off the ball regularly, with Lions midfielder Amon Buchanan and ruckman Mitch Clark the main offenders.

Riewoldt's frustration boiled over at three-quarter-time when, having been bumped in the back by Buchanan, he dragged the Lion to the ground, sparking a melee.

Lyon described the tactics by Brisbane as ''garbage'' on Saturday night and yesterday queried why no action had been taken by umpires Robert Findlay, Damien Sully and Stuart Wenn.

:D:D:D

Comments Saints fans? Anyone?

:D:D:D

Comments Saints fans? Anyone?

Hmmm he comments AFTER the game, not before it like Thompson has done.

Anyway Thompson is correct, if the umpires had of done their job in the previous game SJ probably wouldn't have copped three and Baker maybe copped three or four not 9.

Umpires need to be right on the scraggers like Baker and Ling and Scarlett.

These players bring the game into disreputre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats Crying About Baker!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back