Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rugby Union and that'd be called back as clearly no advantage.
But only in our sport can a player get pinged HTB for a kick that didn't travel far enough. IMV Maynard didn't hear the play on call. So he's stiff... Only for them to get the ball back in seconds with ludicrous advantage call.

Can you imagine trying to explain the HTB rule to someone just learning the game.

Cautionary tale for us to keep our F1 at all cost
Wouldn't say at all cost. I would say not for a role player which is the Pies problem here. Schulze doesn't move the needle for them.
If a Dangerfield or Cameron level star of the game wants us then trade it.

The short term opportunity cost will make the pick surrendered worse than had we kept it, and the long term benefits usually see the trade worthwhile.

Wouldn't say at all cost. I would say not for a role player which is the Pies problem here. Schulze doesn't move the needle for them.
If a Dangerfield or Cameron level star of the game wants us then trade it.

The short term opportunity cost will make the pick surrendered worse than had we kept it, and the long term benefits usually see the trade worthwhile.

I’m happy to give up FRP this year for Smith. But absolutely not on future firsts.
We need them as about 7-8 guys will retire in the next few years

Note to self: never stop at Rockbank maccas on the drive back to Ballarat. That's 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Ok now that's out of my system, overall a good win. From my view in the top deck, it felt like a lot of the game was on Collingwood's terms. They were obviously going for the chaos style and it generally worked OK for them for a while . But we made it look better with some horrendous errors - Kolo's dropped mark in particular shudders

In the last quarter though it was the opposite feeling - game was back on our terms and the pies were making the errors.

Honestly not sure who our best players were as it felt like a good team effort all round. Shout out to Humphries though, what a steal

Can we not play Clark on the wing any more please? He looked lost there for a while. Would rather Knevitt on a wing instead of Clark.

Rugby Union and that'd be called back as clearly no advantage.
But only in our sport can a player get pinged HTB for a kick that didn't travel far enough. IMV Maynard didn't hear the play on call. So he's stiff... Only for them to get the ball back in seconds with ludicrous advantage call.

Can you imagine trying to explain the HTB rule to someone just learning the game.

I was WTF sitting up in the stands ..we didn't want to take the advantage was just giving the ball back..

Tom Stewart... This guy has always been a gun but he's turning into a Geelong LEGEND before our very eyes. How many key defenders have we had in the last thirty years who were arguably the best in the D50 who could transition into an inside-mid game? I'd argue there's been very few. Footy smarts are off the chain, does the tough stuff, intercepts everything, and now he's running around in the middle and beating 27-year-olds at their own contested game.

Freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needs to tell the West Coast fans he was in their academy and they gave up on him during covid the way they gave up on everything else
Worst of all, they used a first round pick on the same type of player in Chesser that year.

Could have just picked Humphries if they wanted the HBF/wingman, and not only had a much better footballer on their hands, but kept the early pick to take another one too.

For such a wealthy club with all the resources, they make some god awful list management decisions.

Going to be interesting to see what the club do regarding Hawkins, Bruhn, MOC. I know some didn't like SDK rucking but I'd still prefer him over Stanley. Duncan looks cooked, some real half hearted attempts in recent games. I think Neale can go missing but he's starting to hit packs and give our smalls a look. Not sure the club will side line Hawk tho.

Bowes caught my eye when he was a Suns prospect, I liked some of what I saw from him and was surprised he couldn't quite nail down a spot up there.

I had some idea of what we were in for when he came on board, and yet I have very much sat on the fence with what he has actually produced in the hoops to date.

Putting together a nice block of midfield form now, though.
His old man was pretty decent playing for MtEliza… I was pleased we picked him up.

Going to be interesting to see what the club do regarding Hawkins, Bruhn, MOC. I know some didn't like SDK rucking but I'd still prefer him over Stanley. Duncan looks cooked, some real half hearted attempts in recent games. I think Neale can go missing but he's starting to hit packs and give our smalls a look. Not sure the club will side line Hawk tho.
SDK getting 20 touches around the ground. That more than makes up for his tap work. Stanley gets neither taps or possessions.

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back