Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Did McRae really reference that we gave up three first round picks for Cameron?

THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!!!!!

Haha. Clueless
Might need to remember that we got those from WCE for Tim Kelly anyway. And Wells still plucks gems from the ether with late selections now.

Ah great one!

All a bit before my time…
I'm 56 so recall those from the latter 70's onwards, but the main man before my time of course was Graham Farmer! And Denis Marshall too from the same era.

Been a happy hunting ground for Geelong over decades, and even a couple of wantaways like Kelly and Jordan Clark still netted us draft capital, Tim in particular allowing Geelong to get the picks to recruit Cameron.

Did McRae really reference that we gave up three first round picks for Cameron?

THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!!!!!

Haha. Clueless
To be fair. Was a very good presser from McRae and in this moment he was actually praising Cameron

Scrappy win a lot of mistakes from both sides but excellent coaching and the players grinded out the win

Neale was on track for a big game before he got clocked in the throat he will have a big break out game very soon
Dempsey is life
Mannagh another good performance and should hold his spot
Humphries again showing class that we have missed a bit in the backline should hold his spot
OH showed some serious intent to chase and pressure which is all i ask of him as the goals will come he is that talented

Now for the now so new players

Miers is so damn good at finding target and is the best kick inside 50 in the comp
Danger is just wow the amount of bull he delivers at his age with bursts is just insane
Zuthrie well done lad great job on Bobby Hill who should just have stayed home

Also special mention that i had a very good seat for that Elliot hanger was ****ing awesome

I wanted to separate this from the above post so sorry for the double post.

Another game which shows hitout numbers are ****ing useless.
Hitouts that go to the ooposition are useless
Hitouts that cause another stoppage are useless (unless you are trying to waste time)

The only numbers i want to see regarding hitouts ever be praised are hitouts to advantage
The only other ones that are somewhat useful are the ones that go into open space and end up going forward some.

As we won the centre clearances easily at 16-6 and clearances around the ground were pretty much even with the Pies slightly ahead 29-26.

What was obvious was the fact we had more clean clearances than the Pies.

Assuming we dont change the ruck setup (i would but i think they wont although scott saying in the presser they will use stanley again is interesting) any changes will be
Bruhn for clark
If guthrie comes back it has to be as a defender for tuohy
Otherwise thats the best 23 with clark knevitt just outside.
The really tough call is the sub. Id say it needs to be rohan maybe as i dont think you can squeeze him and henry both in.
If we go back to stanley (and put sdk back) or hawkins makes it back they may tip neale out. But i dont think hawk gets back in time and im not 100 % sure guthrie does either.
The ruck setup definitely has flow on effects either way.
I feel Stanley will play more to give sdk a rest before he cooks himself playing permeant full time ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted to separate this from the above post so sorry for the double post.

Another game which shows hitout numbers are ****ing useless.
Hitouts that go to the ooposition are useless
Hitouts that cause another stoppage are useless (unless you are trying to waste time)

The only numbers i want to see regarding hitouts ever be praised are hitouts to advantage
The only other ones that are somewhat useful are the ones that go into open space and end up going forward some.

As we won the centre clearances easily at 16-6 and clearances around the ground were pretty much even with the Pies slightly ahead 29-26.

What was obvious was the fact we had more clean clearances than the Pies.
The first part is a perfect description of the Stanley/Blicavs years. I gave our midfield kudos for getting any of the ball at all with their ruck work.

Lawson humphries is my fav player

Cameron needs to learn to kick drop punt set shots

Thought we had control for most of the game

Dempsey is our young star

Loving Stewart in the middle

Clark tries hard but don’t see him being more than an Atkins level player. Still need this type of player but let’s not blindly believe he’s anything more sbd just take it as it is.

Credit to the coaching
When Luke Hodge was 19, I thought Hawthorn drafted a dud. It was a slow burn with him, while Judd was looking like an out-and-out superstar (which he was).

Okay, so Judd had a better career on most metrics, but FMD Hodge was an absolute warrior throughout Hawthorn's glory years. Clark could very well be a slow burn, too.

There is a big correlation this season between:

A) Dangerfield playing
B) Bowes playing well

And Geelong winning.
Absolutely. Obviously everyone else in the team who's playing well deserves the kudos, but AFL is still a midfield-driven game. Putting Stewart in there has had a huge impact. Two contested beasts in there in Danger and Stewart has made a massive difference.

We knew we needed a classy halfback flanker with a bit of pace and flair.

We trained Holmes pre-season for the role and tried him there early in the season but it would arguably be a waste of his talents as we desperately needed him in the midfield.

We have been plugging Duncan and Touhey in there to bring the elite kicking but they have struggled at times and are short term fixes.

Mullin was thrown back there but more as the Bews negator role and he’s still learning the game.

Then three weeks ago, a kid named Humphries walks onto the ground and suddenly the structure looks right. With another attacking ball user, we have been able to move Stewart into the midfield while not relying on Kolo or Henry to try to take on the difficult kicks. Pick 63!!

Dangerfield with 10 inside 50s. The next best player on the ground had 6.

He's still a machine.

Compare that with Dusty and even Pendles right now. They have lost their hurt factor. Dangerfield is still our main driver. Losing him will hurt.
I'm hopeful Bailey Smith will help cover Dangerfield when the time comes. He isn't as good, not as big and damaging but it's a start.

I'm 56 so recall those from the latter 70's onwards, but the main man before my time of course was Graham Farmer! And Denis Marshall too from the same era.

Been a happy hunting ground for Geelong over decades, and even a couple of wantaways like Kelly and Jordan Clark still netted us draft capital, Tim in particular allowing Geelong to get the picks to recruit Cameron.

We are a similar age. My father used to say that Marshall was the second best Cat he’d seen play. Farmer the first.

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back