Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Dempsey's contract status?

Might wanna extend by a few years before his price inflates sooner rather than later.

I have Ollie D contracted until end of 2025.

GO Catters

Who is Humphries manager? We need to pay him a visit before WCE and Freo do.
"You are homesick for WA."..."No I'm not. I love it at Geelong."...."Yes you are! You miss your friends and family. And your wife wants to be back home."......."But I don't have a wife!"....."We can fix that.".....
Or you turn a Pick 63 into a couple high picks to turn into a... i dunno... A Harley Reid??
Always look for the positives that can came from a negative I say. hehe

"You are homesick for WA."..."No I'm not. I love it at Geelong."...."Yes you are! You miss your friends and family. And your wife wants to be back home."......."But I don't have a wife!"....."We can fix that.".....
you know its coming.

And all West Aussies will be pissed that Wells pulled him from their backyard for 63.

Got feels of Boris for 47.

GO Catters

Ps - the kid has played 3 games. He's gonna be up and down for the nesxt 40 games so by all means pump him up but lets not book his plane tix home when he ahs a stinker or 5.

His manager is Tom Seccull from Hemisphere. Same manager as Jezza and Holmes.

And when that happens, it's going to piss off the opposition masses that we'll have 2 x Rising Star nominees this year, where one was a rookie with more of a basketball background & late convert to footy, and the other was pick 63 having been playing WAFL seconds
Have to :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: :sparklingheart: this more than once

Forgot 2 give a little shout out to Jhye Clark.
Better. He was better tonight.
Playing along side two beasts in Danger and Stewart helps.
Big year in the gym buddy and better things will come.

He's certainly getting his hands on the ball - 16 disposals from 55% TOG tonight, 18 from 60% last week. He's going to be special.

He’s still a one-of-a-kind player even well into his 30s. Dusty and Pendles were great at their peak but never had that explosiveness.
I thought Danger’s game last night was reminiscent of the 22GF. So influential. BOG in my book!

Dangerfield with 10 inside 50s. The next best player on the ground had 6.

He's still a machine.

Compare that with Dusty and even Pendles right now. They have lost their hurt factor. Dangerfield is still our main driver. Losing him will hurt.
Holmes will be the next Danger once he bulks up …hell all the kids are going to be monsters once they have the size

His manager is Tom Seccull from Hemisphere. Same manager as Jezza and Holmes.

Humphries is incredible! Intelligent, articulate, gorgeous + a phenomenal footballer - has the whole package

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot 2 give a little shout out to Jhye Clark.
Better. He was better tonight.
Playing along side two beasts in Danger and Stewart helps.
Big year in the gym buddy and better things will come.

I’m very confident Clark will be a player. Each game he does a couple of special things that makes you think he has the talent to make it. As you say, just needs more size and ongoing development.

you know its coming.

And all West Aussies will be pissed that Wells pulled him from their backyard for 63.

Got feels of Boris for 47.

GO Catters

Ps - the kid has played 3 games. He's gonna be up and down for the nesxt 40 games so by all means pump him up but lets not book his plane tix home when he ahs a stinker or 5.
Good luck you can already see the way some posters latched onto the Clark hate wagon just because he had a quiet first half ..some posters are just soft and expect all the kids to be a Joel Selwood straight out of the gate

Would love to have seen the same posters melt weekly watching a side full of inexperienced kids like us in the 2000’s…shock horror kids forms are inconsistent while getting more experience and size

****ing luv this club.

GO Catters

We really have been spoilt as fans. Since 2004, we have:

• Won 10 or more games every season (our worst seasons since then have been 2006 and last year, when we won 10 games and drew 1). We've already won 10 games this year.
  • Have had only one season where our percentage was less than 100 (we had a percentage of 99 in 2006)
  • Had a positive win-loss record 18 times
  • Missed the finals 4 times
  • Finished the H&A season in the top 4 14 times
  • Got bundled out of the finals in the first week 2 times.
  • Got bundled out of the semis 2 times.
  • Lost in the preliminary final 6 times
  • Lost 2 grand finals
  • Won 4 flags

We really have been spoilt as fans. Since 2004, we have:

• Won 10 or more games every season (our worst seasons since then have been 2006 and last year, when we won 10 games and drew 1). We've already won 10 games this year.
  • Have had only one season where our percentage was less than 100 (we had a percentage of 99 in 2006)
  • Had a positive win-loss record 18 times
  • Missed the finals 4 times
  • Finished the H&A season in the top 4 14 times
  • Got bundled out of the finals in the first week 2 times.
  • Got bundled out of the semis 3 times.
  • Lost in the preliminary final 7 times
  • Lost 2 grand finals
  • Won 4 flags
I’m not going to lie if I was a opposition supporter I would have a burning hate/jealousy of Geelong

We knew we needed a classy halfback flanker with a bit of pace and flair.

We trained Holmes pre-season for the role and tried him there early in the season but it would arguably be a waste of his talents as we desperately needed him in the midfield.

We have been plugging Duncan and Touhey in there to bring the elite kicking but they have struggled at times and are short term fixes.

Mullin was thrown back there but more as the Bews negator role and he’s still learning the game.

Then three weeks ago, a kid named Humphries walks onto the ground and suddenly the structure looks right. With another attacking ball user, we have been able to move Stewart into the midfield while not relying on Kolo or Henry to try to take on the difficult kicks. Pick 63!!

So impressive, media thinking he's come from nowhere, belies the fact of his VFA apprenticeship and off field tutelage under Stewart and coaches. He's a hard working gem alright, but as the side settles to change and he gains experience, he'll be an out and out diamond. Exciting.

With the introduction of both Humphries and Mannagh, and the consolidation of Dempsey and Neale, and return of Bruhn and Guth I'm not sure we'll see any other VFA players step up this season. Perhaps Knevitt on the periphery, ICE. That's not bad news, we really need to keep this 23 functioning as they have, with improvement until we are a well oiled machine.

Good game, was good to watch in some areas, painful in others lol.

I kept wincing every time we moved the ball backwards to switch but it was clear this was the game plan and I'm surprised that the Pies didn't apply more pressure to this, because it seemed obvious to me and I'm not usually one to pick up on trends that quickly.

Speaking of trends, I haven't seen the stats, but despite people saying that the SDK ruck work isn't fantastic, it felt like we were really on top of clearances last night, particularly in comparison to a month or so ago where it seemed like we were just conceding clearances before the game even begun. Am I right in thinking that?

We are arguably the 3rd best team in it, and yet, few would consider us as a genuine Premiership threat.

Not a bad place to be at all, with all the pressure on the Swans in particular.

With the form we are in, I think we can definitely do some damage in the finals.

I'd hope so, but I can't help feeling even based on how we played last night that Carlton and Sydney would have our measure. Particularly Sydney, I do however think Carlton still may possibly be not mentally be there to overcome Geelong in a PF etc.

Or you turn a Pick 63 into a couple high picks to turn into a... i dunno... A Harley Reid??
Always look for the positives that can came from a negative I say. hehe
Yep. And its always a possibility. A player has a short career, and managers make more money if their players leave for a big pay day. I've often wondered if there is some under the table bribes to managers.

Yep. And its always a possibility. A player has a short career, and managers make more money if their players leave for a big pay day. I've often wondered if there is some under the table bribes to managers.
Same manager as a few other cats players I can’t see that happening

Also with their tactics and going in so small in their forwardline he looked like he was getting stretched a bit trying to cover all the dangerous options. Seemed to me to be doing a lot of legwork which maybe led to a few errors (hard to tell sometimes on TV). The missed mark from Stewart's speculative pass through the middle that led to a goal wasn't great though.
I think Tuohys errors were worse on that front too

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back