Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s still a one-of-a-kind player even well into his 30s. Dusty and Pendles were great at their peak but never had that explosiveness.
The unfortunate thing for Danger is that he was carrying the Geelong team at his peak so he never got to be the dominant finals player. Dusty was incredible from 2017-2020, but he was in a great team and could just play his game.
Danger has always been the better player imo

Also... Jamie flipping Elliott. Damn that guy has always murdered us. Such a quality little forward.
Very good player but we won the battle against him last night.
One really good goal from a terrible switch and a hanger at the top of the goal sqaure when our defenders decided to watch him do it
Apart from that, crickets

Glad Humphries has added a new line for the commentators to mention - ‘Don’t know if he’s a left or right footer’
Be up there with Basketball background and former steeplechaser
Only a matter of time before BT or Richo start calling him “ambiguous “ 😜

The got away with it once in 2020.

They traded their future 1st for two picks in the mid 20s and early 30s.

That future 1st rounder became pick 3.

Callaghan. Crazy trade.

You have to question Collingwoods list management. To let Taylor Adams and Ginnevan go and bring in Shultz? Also Johnson looked very good in 2022 and his development has completely stalled.

I'm blown away by Lawson Humphries. How this guy was only playing WAFL reserves is staggering. Though there could be other reasons for it. He reads the play excellently, very good by both feet and not afraid to run back with the flight. He isn't going back to the VFL any time soon.

It was a real professional win. Not flashy but workmanlike and the way we killed the game in the last quarter was outstanding. The last three weeks have seen almost every player find form that had eluded them for the previous two months.

Across all lines we have looked so much better. The ball movement has been key to the resurgence and there's no surprise that has correlated with PFD returning. He makes us tick and despite his years, his will for the contest and hunger for the ball is still unsurpassed in the league. The move of Stewy in to the guts has seen us actually win some contests and prevented the ball from strolling out as it did for those two months. It's also allowed Axe to return to his more suited role of tagger. Jack Bowes continues to thrive as a full time mid too.

The forward line looks much better without Hawk, though I don't put it all down to his omission, it's no surprise that the midfield finding form has seen our form turn and his injury coincided with that. Chuckie not been a sub has also helped too... Shaun Mannagh isn't going anywhere if he continues his form too.

Look, I still don't know how good we are and how far we can go this year. But the standard is poor again, and if we can put ourselves in position to win it, and the past three weeks have been a positive step forward, then why can't we win it again? No one will want to play us in September if we arrive healthy and in form.

You have to question Collingwoods list management. To let Taylor Adams and Ginnevan go and bring in Shultz? Also Johnson looked very good in 2022 and his development has completely stalled.
I don’t think they had much of a say with Adams. He seemed to have his heart set on leaving.
Ginnivan absolutely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm blown away by Lawson Humphries. How this guy was only playing WAFL reserves is staggering. Though there could be other reasons for it. He reads the play excellently, very good by both feet and not afraid to run back with the flight. He isn't going back to the VFL any time soon.
Fairly certain there’s mayo on the WAFL reserves story. My understanding is that he was playing reserves because their seniors were crap and the twos had a shot at a flag.

Dempsey tonight:

View attachment 2046479
View attachment 2046480

View attachment 2046481

View attachment 2046482

What an unreal effort - I saw lots of coverage when Gulden said he was trying to get to 100% TOG on a wing, and Dempsey has just casually done it.
I can’t imagine that this was part of any planning. But I expect that they loved the fact he kept on providing an option (even though didn’t get a huge amount of it) and I noticed that he fills those defensive holes a lot to change what opposition wants to do in transition

Ash Johnson was the OH replacement the Pies fans kept touting - now he's about barely an emergency with all their forwards out.

Times changed a lot there

GO Catters

Can someone do a shooting star meme of Nathan Kruger blatant dive..

It was lathered in so much mayo and gravy the AOC is flying him out to Paris as a part of the Olympic diving team

The Romanian judge gave him a perfect 10.0
I think the thing that will save Stewart is vision of Kruger on the ground fully alert looking up to see if he milked the free kick. No evidence at all of enough impact

I think the thing that will save Stewart is vision of Kruger on the ground fully alert looking up to see if he milked the free kick. No evidence at all of enough impact
No I'm referring to the one in the forward pocket, he then missed shot on goal

Meh performance i thought we were ok without being great. Our last qtr to chip it around and run the clock was really professional.

What i did like:
-Humphries-kid was cramping at the end and might need a rest soon but by gee hes got some dash and skill by foot. Definitely what we need.

-Mannagh-defensive pressure was really good again and whenever he had the ball made good decisions. Anyone who doesnt think hes best 22 is silly. Should be a lock from here. It will force dempsey and miers to play a lot more through the wing/mid but its a good structure for us anyway.

-Dempsey-his marking was class and his running to make outlet options was super.

-Neale-i loved some things he did especially his recovery on the ground for a big guy but needs to improve his marking-dropped 2 or 3 sodas.

-Holmes was great again for run and stewart taking centre bounces has covered us defensively.

-thought all our small fwds were great for pressure tonight.

-that was the best ive seen clark play (low base admittedly). Had some really classy touches by hand and foot and looks like hes finding the level. I still think he will fall out of the best 23 when bruhn is back but he shows a lot of promise.

What i didnt like.
-ruck-sdk was good in general play but we got smashed at actual ruck contests by a plodder in cameron. We will get away with it the next few weeks but i dont think we can win a PF against sydney or carlton in particular with this ruck setup. I know stanley is almost finished but they will have to consider him if conway cant get back.

-inside 50s-at times our last kick inside 50 (apart from miers and mannagh) wasnt great. Still need to improve it to beat the best.

-Groundball in d50. We were good in the air but at times didnt clean up d50 groundball well enough. Better sides than coll will exploit it.
There is no way if Stanley is fit id be putting SDK in the ruck against English..
Please I'm not bagging out SDK, but his only a backup ruck at best all our ruck are injured..Stanley was one of our best players when we played Bulldogs over Adelaide, he actually beat him

It was a real professional win. Not flashy but workmanlike and the way we killed the game in the last quarter was outstanding. The last three weeks have seen almost every player find form that had eluded them for the previous two months.

Across all lines we have looked so much better. The ball movement has been key to the resurgence and there's no surprise that has correlated with PFD returning. He makes us tick and despite his years, his will for the contest and hunger for the ball is still unsurpassed in the league. The move of Stewy in to the guts has seen us actually win some contests and prevented the ball from strolling out as it did for those two months. It's also allowed Axe to return to his more suited role of tagger. Jack Bowes continues to thrive as a full time mid too.

The forward line looks much better without Hawk, though I don't put it all down to his omission, it's no surprise that the midfield finding form has seen our form turn and his injury coincided with that. Chuckie not been a sub has also helped too... Shaun Mannagh isn't going anywhere if he continues his form too.

Look, I still don't know how good we are and how far we can go this year. But the standard is poor again, and if we can put ourselves in position to win it, and the past three weeks have been a positive step forward, then why can't we win it again? No one will want to play us in September if we arrive healthy and in form.

I've already got Carlton fans telling me they're scared of us for a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back