Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Hawkins injury been a blessing for the club? Loving seeing Neale get a good run of games where he’s showing real glimpses. Hawkins doesn’t lose face by getting dropped either. Feels like a win win. As much as I love the big guy, if he weren’t injured, I think I’d rather persist with Shagger

Has Hawkins injury been a blessing for the club? Loving seeing Neale get a good run of games where he’s showing real glimpses. Hawkins doesn’t lose face by getting dropped either. Feels like a win win. As much as I love the big guy, if he weren’t injured, I think I’d rather persist with Shagger
Yes it has

If Hawkins didn't get injured i find it very hard to see the MC dropping him which would of made it Hawkins choice to step down which as much as i love Hawkins i don't know if he would do it.

Neale is showing signs that he will be a very good forward that he wasn't able to show with Hawkins in.

Replayed to see where/how Neale injured his throat.
Zilch, nada, empty of footage or replay. Brief comment as he came off. (I decided he did it flying through the pack)
It was all 10 mins of Daicos nude pr0n, close up of his legs, possible hammy. That wasn't.

EDIT: Note the enforced reversal of letters in the change to the word pr0n. lol

Have a watch of this

It's amazing West Coast will be kicking themselves that they could of got Lawson Humphries for nothing as part of there academy... BUT WE PICKED LAWSON HUMPHRIES FOR NOTHING 😆 🤣 Pick 63 to be precise 😆

All I can say is Lawson Humphries was pick 63 in the draft.

Our last pick was 94 that moved up to 63.

Mackie got that draft capital (94) from holding out on the Esava trade to Port.

Yeah Wells had to pick him, but he needed the pick first.

Mackie got shitcanned a lot for holding out.

Tipping my hat, again, to both Wells and Mackie.

GO Catters

Hawk is an all time favourite but I think our game plan suits having Neale instead.
He gives us an aerial presence plus exerts great pressure , two things Hawk can’t do anymore.
Also means Jezza plays in F50 instead of up the ground when Hawk and Neale are playing.
We just look better balanced and more threatening …..

It's amazing West Coast will be kicking themselves that they could of got Lawson Humphries for nothing as part of there academy... BUT WE PICKED LAWSON HUMPHRIES FOR NOTHING 😆 🤣 Pick 63 to be precise 😆
Seems like a fine young lad who would do well at West Coast.

What do you mean he ended up with us? Seriously, it's like sneaking into someone's car while they're in the driver's seat and pilfering their keys while they're driving.

Poor Adam Simpson. What can you do when your recruiting team dropped the ball this hard.

Seems like a fine young lad who would do well at West Coast.

What do you mean he ended up with us? Seriously, it's like sneaking into someone's car while they're in the driver's seat and pilfering their keys while they're driving.

Poor Adam Simpson. What can you do when your recruiting team dropped the ball this hard.
On that note and I have been saying it previously for WCE the coaching staff needs a big clean out they can’t just use Simpson as the scrapgoat for their recent woes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark is what, 19 years old? He isn't going well at all, but surely people see past the mediocre labels and Atkins companions? He is going to be a gun. He uses the ball well then doesn't, is seriously hard at it but gets lost in play. Give him time to develop physically and get the kinks out of his game, then we have a special player.

Liking De Koning’s form in the ruck. Lots of mobility and possessions and gives the club some options strategically. Neale up front looks to be taking his chances and creating chances for others with his physical presence…… Tommy and Paddy bullish in the middle too! Ollie as sub is about right for mine too given his form ……
Barracking for hawks at the moment…. Could cause an upset the spuds…….

That win was set up the youngsters - Humphries, Dempsey , Neale, and co. Not once did Humphries look like he was going to turn the ball over tonight.
Wtf was the discussion with Ash Johnson while the game still had 5-6 mins to go.
It was weird that something that should have been a 30 second discussion [on that the Pies have no tall forwards but they have deliberately left Johnson in the VFL despite him scoring goals there the last 3 weeks] became a talking point as if Johnson was a talent of Camerons level and that the Pies are insane for leaving him in the VFL when he just isn't that good. He has 3 games this year for a total of 9 disposals, 5 marks and 1 behind in the AFL.

Clark is what, 19 years old? He isn't going well at all, but surely people see past the mediocre labels and Atkins companions? He is going to be a gun. He uses the ball well then doesn't, is seriously hard at it but gets lost in play. Give him time to develop physically and get the kinks out of his game, then we have a special player.
Found some of the comments on Clark absolutely dogshit takes, from 55% match time he was going at 81% disposal efficiency, didn't make any glaringly awful mistakes i.e the Tuohy mistakes that cost us goals, and considering his age and he missed all of last season I would say he is tracking very well.
Its unlucky for him that when Bruhn is fit and ready he probably makes way for him, but Clark is more talented than Atkins it was just lazy from the commentators that because they both look similar they must be the same.

Worst of all, they used a first round pick on the same type of player in Chesser that year.

Could have just picked Humphries if they wanted the HBF/wingman, and not only had a much better footballer on their hands, but kept the early pick to take another one too.

For such a wealthy club with all the resources, they make some god awful list management decisions.
Think they've got a bit of a "born to rule" mentality being a big fish in a small footy pond. There's an expectation things will just work.

It's a rude awakening

Wow. I thought Zac Guthrie was again in our best, but just saw that he kept Bobby Hill to negative stats. Healy thought Hill was to be the key to Pies winning(if there was a slim chance). Zac is in AA form. Love him.
He is the reason we are able to play Stewart as a midfielder. Super valuable player

Just on the interpretation of the not-15 rule in this game. It will be interesting to see if this a competition-wide change or just a one-off.

I wonder whether the umpires dept occasionally does a review of games in terms of looking at footage and getting actual measurements of the distance of kicks and then tries to implement some corrections to the way its interpreted by umpires, such as highlighting that across the board we're paying 80% of marks at 12m or something.

There's always a bit of a subjective element to it, and oftentimes I think the umps err on the side of letting the mark stand. Also with letting it go when players run more than the allotted distance.

I think Scott was suspicious about it because it was only a week after Collingwood had been picked apart by a short kick-mark style of play. I wish he wouldn't go on about it though.
Well not nearly as many whistles in the other games so far.

Scott was right to be suspicious.

Collingwood probably had a whinge during the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back