Preview Cats V Hawks Sat Jul6 435 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

It was me who asked and for 2 days I’ve been trying to get 2
Finally around 5:30 tonight I was able to

Obviously tickets were withheld for some stupid reason

Glad you were able to get tickets

It may have been that they were going to keep the extra GA bays, but with the interest in this match they've converted some of those into ticketed bays which is why they became available this afternoon

SO the injury list... Rhys Stanley wasn't listed, but unfortunately Conway is......

Dunc sounded like he was playing on radio, Henry's confirmed as an in, and Mannagh looks likely.

Makes for a tough match committee, can't name too many who deserve to miss out on last week's showing.

In: Mannagh, Henry

Out: MOC/Duncan, Clark?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunc sounded like he was playing on radio, Henry's confirmed as an in, and Mannagh looks likely.

Makes for a tough match committee, can't name too many who deserve to miss out on last week's showing.

In: Mannagh, Henry

Out: MOC/Duncan, Clark?

Tuohy will either miss this game or the next one its just a matter of which.

Tuohy will either miss this game or the next one its just a matter of which.
If we're playing Stewart in the midfield one of Duncan or Touhy will play as the experience sweeper back there.

I've been a Touhy critic, but he looked like he was up to the standard last week playing that role, and it's probably the only role he can play at this stage in his career.

Glad you were able to get tickets

It may have been that they were going to keep the extra GA bays, but with the interest in this match they've converted some of those into ticketed bays which is why they became available this afternoon
There is fewer general admin but understanding the station and their general admin zones I can confirm that’s not the case.
Good tickets and all is well, but really was a hard experience for no reason

There is fewer general admin but understanding the station and their general admin zones I can confirm that’s not the case.
Good tickets and all is well, but really was a hard experience for no reason
Interesting how many games the AFL boasts are sell-outs only for heaps of empty seats around the stadiums. Someone is stuffing something up somewhere along the line. The clubs? Ticketmaster?

Do how do we rejig to get Mannagh and O Henry in the team?

The only game where we had all of Mannagh, Dempsey, Close, Stengle and Miers in the starting 22 was against Adelaide. Hawkins, Cameron and O Henry played but not Rohan that night. So we've never had all 5 smalls, 2 mediums and 2 talls.

You could push 2 of the smalls up onto a wing but then Knevitt is likely squeezed out.

My guess is we don't play all those forwards. So either Mannagh doesn't come in, one of them is managed (Close?), Henry doesn't come back or we drop Neale. Or maybe one of the smalls is sub?

Last edited:
Interesting how many games the AFL boasts are sell-outs only for heaps of empty seats around the stadiums. Someone is stuffing something up somewhere along the line. The clubs? Ticketmaster?

Likely that a number of the empty seats belong to members - not everyone will put their seats up for re-sale if they can't attend, they may have put it up for re-sale but it didn't sell or it may be a late decision where they can't attend

Have Geel turned the corner after beating Ess , i think they may have , and i really like Stewart into the midfield and it instantly looked a world better , and he hit every contest at top pace , that was a Malcolm Blight type move putting your best players where the ball is

Im actually not too concerned about the ruck situation , because SDK and Blicavs both move like ruck rovers which can be a real asset , and i think SDK is just building nicely now , and Blicavs ( midfield days are over ) is playing the Trent West role in the flag winning year of 2011 , just follow up the ball and keep kicking it Geelongs way

Rohan has had a really interrupted start to the year due to injury , and has just been eased into proceedings , but after his game last week which was good , he will be cherry ripe , and i wouldnt be surprised if he kicks 3-4 goals this week and is a real headache for Haw

I did watch 2nd half of Haw v W/Coast , yes they won well but the Eagles were pathetic , and sometimes if you have an easy win like that its not the best preparation for the following game

Dangerfield and Stewart in the midfield and Geel are a much better team , Stengle found a bit of touch in the 2nd half last week , can Cameron get super motivated and be really up and about for this game , just far too spasmodic at the moment

Meek is going to monster Dekoning in the ruck this week. The Hawks will dominate us through the midfield.
Hopefully we can have enough firepower up forward to make up for it.
I’d play Stewart in the middle again him and Danger could do a lot to combat the Hawks inside mids and Meek’s dominance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back