CEY: training camp ripped the heart out of Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you're really more leaning towards social studies/politics arena, because you're completely oblivious to the actual toll on the individuual affected behind character assassination, in that it has a serious detrimental effect. You're looking at it from "how the public responds" rather than "how the affected person feels". Here is a better definition of "character assassination":
"Character Assassination refers to the slandering or vicious personal verbal attack on a person with the intention of destroying or damaging that person’s reputation or confidence. In other words it is malicious verbal assaults designed to damage or tarnish the reputation of a person."

person's reputation = public confidence you're referring to (and stopped it at that)
person's confidence = confidence in public (what I added on top, and you basically called me an idiot for expanding on your definition rather than trying to understand the point I was making).
There is literally 2 angles to the definition - how the public sees you and how you see yourself in front of the public (when personal attacks are continually being made).

Lol. No, that's still wrong.

Leaving aside the immense credibility of 'definitions.uslegal.com', the confidence being spoken of is still an objective public confidence and not the subjective feeling of confidence that one holds.

You were wrong, and more and increasingly outlandish explanations for why you were wrong do not assist. You were not operating on a higher plane, you simply failed to recognise the intended and ordinary meaning of the phrase.

If you are in fact concerned with your public reputation and the confidence that others hold in your anonymous internet account, you would stop trying to bluff your way out of errors. It is far far more likely to damage your reputation than anything that anyone else could say about you.

Lol. No, that's still wrong.

Leaving aside the immense credibility of 'definitions.uslegal.com', the confidence being spoken of is still an objective public confidence and not the subjective feeling of confidence that one holds.

You were wrong, and more and increasingly outlandish explanations for why you were wrong do not assist. You were not operating on a higher plane, you simply failed to recognise the intended and ordinary meaning of the phrase.

If you are in fact concerned with your public reputation and the confidence that others hold in your anonymous internet account, you would stop trying to bluff your way out of errors. It is far far more likely to damage your reputation than anything that anyone else could say about you.
Oh no!

4O6iDNc.gif

A couple of things. John, you need to stop now. Your pride was hurt, I get it, but this thread is not about you. I have never ever said a bad word about you, but your desire to retort is doing you a disservice. But I do feel obliged to point out a fact which is clearly wrong. You said”several coronas, was some nice beer. I think it is illegal to say carona and “nice beer” in the same sentence.
I respect you as a poster mate. My last post was about making corrections of the issues which is highly relevant to the topic of this thread - trauma.
It's not something to make jokes about. But thanks for your honest appraisal. :)

Btw, I don't like drinking beer that much. I enjoyed more the lobster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s with the Lance reference?
I do this sometimes when I feel lance offers as much sense or context as the post I am responding to. John, let me be straight. I have just spent 13 days in hospital with two ops (cranioectomy and skin graft) caused by an infected craniotomy. So, using humour first as my way to get through this, I may resort to Lance ;)

I do this sometimes when I feel lance offers as much sense or context as the post I am responding to. John, let me be straight. I have just spent 13 days in hospital with two ops (cranioectomy and skin graft) caused by an infected craniotomy. So, using humour first as my way to get through this, I may resort to Lance ;)
Get well mate. You really should be resting your brain as much as possible. Also make sure to regularly check your BP!
And sorry for all the headaches I’ve caused you in the recent days! ;)

Get well mate. You really should be resting your brain as much as possible. Also make sure to regularly check your BP!
And sorry for all the headaches I’ve caused you in the recent days! ;)
Any headaches I have had have nothing to do with anyone here except maybe jumboprince ;)

I am about to be released and need to catch up on missed rehab. Will have plenty of time to rest when I leave RAh. Ironically hospitals (especially neuro ward) is worst place to rest.

Any headaches I have had have nothing to do with anyone here except maybe jumboprince ;)

I am about to be released and need to catch up on missed rehab. Will have plenty of time to rest when I leave RAh. Ironically hospitals (especially neuro ward) is worst place to rest.

RAH has quality neurosurgeons, you are in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back