Chad Jones - Bring It.

Remove this Banner Ad

RoyalBlue said:
Tonight's the night for The Chad, Petrie to play second ruck and no Rawlings to stiffle him at CHF. If The Chad was going to get a chance to show that he can make it, this is it.

Absolutely has to have a red hot dig tonight.

/consider it brung

Good luck if he's playing on Big Red!! Be interesting to see what Denis does with Whitnall.

Harris 10 said:
What I liked about his game is that he led up to the ball and even when he knew he wasn't going to receive it he keep leading to create space behind him.

IMO, he looks good in regards to the way he reads the play, creates space and has that footy smarts brain.

But against an ordinary backline, he should of been looking to kick goals because if we go for a CHF in the draft i think its bye bye for the Chad unless he puts it on the scoreboard

I think he will be a long termer for us. Very good signs last night. Lets hope he can step up and cement a spot by seasons end.

Very encouraged by his display. We need a strong, physical CHF in this draft and hopefully the pairing with Chad will give us nice blend up front.

rooboy_88 said:
IMO, he looks good in regards to the way he reads the play, creates space and has that footy smarts brain.

But against an ordinary backline, he should of been looking to kick goals because if we go for a CHF in the draft i think its bye bye for the Chad unless he puts it on the scoreboard

Very harsh

The game he was asked to play was not about kicking goals.

Harris 10 said:
Very harsh

The game he was asked to play was not about kicking goals.

Im referring it in regards to why we recruited him to the club.

We want him to be a Key CHF, I might be a bit harsh and it could be the way JYD plays him, but he was brought down for this purpose and it would be nice to see him do well, seems like a top bloke.

We did play Carlton and this would of been the perfect opportunity to see where he is at and you never know he could of kicked 2 or 3 and could of been the catalyst to a long career.

I did give him some positives.

Hasn't he been on the list for 4 years.

rooboy_88 said:
Im referring it in regards to why we recruited him to the club.

We want him to be a Key CHF, I might be a bit harsh and it could be the way JYD plays him, but he was brought down for this purpose and it would be nice to see him do well, seems like a top bloke.

We did play Carlton and this would of been the perfect opportunity to see where he is at and you never know he could of kicked 2 or 3 and could of been the catalyst to a long career.

I did give him some positives.

Hasn't he been on the list for 4 years.

Just give him some game time and let him develop. He is never going to be a power forward like a Carey or Brown.

Pump 80 games into him like they have with Petrie and he will be a good player for us

rooboy_88 said:
Thommo was the first option and Grant the second which was fine seeing that they were well on top of their opponants. Very happy with the Chad and hope that he plays out the year in the ones now to learn and pick up the pace of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris 10 said:
Just give him some game time and let him develop. He is never going to be a power forward like a Carey or Brown.

Pump 80 games into him like they have with Petrie and he will be a good player for us

If u look at it in that way I suppose ya got a point

Flag Man said:
Chad had his usual game.

Did a few nice things, but they were far too few.

Importantly, he did use the ball well when he had it.

How can a sub 10 game player have one of his 'usual games'? And if he did, wouldn't it be a 20 minutes played 3 posession game?

He showed some good sides, and he will be a player.

Flag Man said:
Chad had his usual game.

Did a few nice things, but they were far too few.

Importantly, he did use the ball well when he had it.

Agree.

More game time we he gets the more understanding of the side and how they play. The more ball he gets. And the more good things he will do when he gets the ball. :thumbsu:

I thought he was great. I watched him closely and he did everything asked of him and made the most of every oppurtunity. Given the context of where he's at in his development, he was excellant.

Leave him in for the rest of the season, give him plenty of game time. All I want from this season is to be shown where our future is.

When was the last time we had a first gamer come in like a Thomas, Murphy or Polo and have a blinder, I can't remember one.

Watching the replay again, it's remarkable how much work there is left to body wise with Chad. He looks pretty big in the VFL, but looks like he will snap in half against the step up.

Why I think he will make it is his abilty in those areas that our KP's usually struggle, and that is ground stuff. He is excellent below his knees and thinks quickly with the footy. He showed some good composure a few times, especially one pass to Thompson that Drew could simply not have pulled off.

He'll be a good player I reckon.

Settle down folks.

It's not as if Carlton are known for their abundance of quality tall defenders.

I wanna see him do more than flash in and out of games. We have a few like that already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad Jones - Bring It.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back