Speculation Chad Warner (OOC 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney are a very good club that rarely loses quality players and the team is young and has a good 5 year window
I think its going to be extremely difficult to get Warner out of Sydney specially if trading for cap space comes in next year or 2026.

Fremantle most likely of any club for obvious reasons but i wouldnt be surprised at all if he extends until free agency and cashes in big when he is a free agent but what ever he decides its going to be a very big contract $1.3-$1,5 mil range

Sydney are a very good club that rarely loses quality players and the team is young and has a good 5 year window
I think its going to be extremely difficult to get Warner out of Sydney specially if trading for cap space comes in next year or 2026.

Fremantle most likely of any club for obvious reasons but i wouldnt be surprised at all if he extends until free agency and cashes in big when he is a free agent but what ever he decides its going to be a very big contract $1.3-$1,5 mil range

Not everything is about money, some people just want to be at home with friends and family

Don’t they have an academy because they lose so much talent like freo?
no.. they have an academy to allow kids that grow up in sydney (theres quite a lot of them) a pathway (the only pathway) to play AFL
They have an academy so that maybe one day a player wants to go home to Sydney (hasn't happened yet)
They dont lose talent like freo does because unlike freo, they're a successful club and players like playing / working there.

no.. they have an academy to allow kids that grow up in sydney (theres quite a lot of them) a pathway (the only pathway) to play AFL
They have an academy so that maybe one day a player wants to go home to Sydney (hasn't happened yet)
They dont lose talent like freo does because unlike freo, they're a successful club and players like playing / working there.
Sounds like you’ve got it all under control and have nothing to whinge about then.

I caught half time in the rogering of North yesterday. Music to the ears of Freo supporters, Ralphy said that Warner is staying at Sydney but they've had to up their $.

Means Freo now has three first rounders it can use in this years draft rather than having to send them all to the Swans for the Warner bros.

I caught half time in the rogering of North yesterday. Music to the ears of Freo supporters, Ralphy said that Warner is staying at Sydney but they've had to up their $.

Means Freo now has three first rounders it can use in this years draft rather than having to send them all to the Swans for the Warner bros.

lol how many % this dud put on it?

you'd think warner taking a significant pay cut to stay when you factor the cost to keep the high talent level swans have and low talent level a club like west coast.

Kinda backs up what jammo posted earlier.

He’ll at least see out his contract, and swans have come to the party to pay him to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they didn't need a ruckman so they traded in the most expensive ruck they could find.....
Easy known you don’t watch freo anyway.

Most important player on the Fremantle list is Sean Darcy. Jackson, for all his talent is not a number one ruck and ever will be. He’s too small and gets monstered by the big bodied types like Briggs, Nank and Lloyd meek yesterday. (You probably didn’t watch but Darcy was in the conc. protocols and missed this week).

Jackson can play many positions but number one ruck is not one of them.

Darcy is the main freo ruck.

Lol, no it doesn't. The Swans don't have to do shit to get him to see out his contract.
No, they don’t.
But increasing his salary next year so he doesn’t request a trade this year, and to give them the best chance of retaining him after makes sense, no?

No, they don’t.
But increasing his salary next year so he doesn’t request a trade this year, and to give them the best chance of retaining him after makes sense, no?
No. He requests a trade, they say no. Which they've done before, multiple times. Given that him requesting a trade to Freo is already a given according to Jammo, hiking his contract would just be charity.

Easy known you don’t watch freo anyway.

Most important player on the Fremantle list is Sean Darcy. Jackson, for all his talent is not a number one ruck and ever will be. He’s too small and gets monstered by the big bodied types like Briggs, Nank and Lloyd meek yesterday. (You probably didn’t watch but Darcy was in the conc. protocols and missed this week).

Jackson can play many positions but number one ruck is not one of them.

Darcy is the main freo ruck.

I do watch Freo play but can't work out what you are saying though.

I said Freo didn't need a ruck, ergo they had Darcy.

I do watch Freo play but can't work out what you are saying though.

I said Freo didn't need a ruck, ergo they had Darcy.
Jackson is not a number one ruck. How hard is that for people to see?
He was never brought in to be a number one ruck.
Knobends like Kane cornes has been constantly saying we should trade Darcy. That is just not going to happen. Would be the dumbest move we could ever make.

Unlike every team freo choose to play with a top end second ruck/forward. Rightly or wrongly that’s our point of difference. Time will tell if it’s a good approach or not.

Most teams don’t choose to have a second ruck as a high paid player. Some dai though - the bulldogs, ourselves, the dees in 2021 when they won the flag.

However what freo are doing is completely different to say, Melbourne last year who brought in a second pure number one ruck along side Gawn. They were both competing for the same single position.
In saying that I could not understand why they didn’t play Grundy as a forward instead of Schache in the finals. They must have get Grundy was absolutely useless in attack. He still couldn’t have been any worse than Schache though.

Unlike Jackson (who ironically was a former Dees forward/second ruck and a successful one too).

I know sumich doesn't get any credit but....he said that Chads dad told him he would sign one more contract.
Does he just totally make up stuff?

I know sumich doesn't get any credit but....he said that Chads dad told him he would sign one more contract.
Does he just totally make up stuff?
Unfortunately for you guys, yes, frequently.

One memorable one was literally putting to print that Darcy is requesting a trade home before literally re-signing the next week.

The club has actually directly called him out before its so bad.

No, they don’t.
It could be just me but how I interpret the rise in pay for a year is simply he looks more likely to request a trade at the end of 2025 but the Swans know they're in premiership mode so they've offerred him a pay rise for next year to intice him to ask for a trade at the end of 2025 and not 2024.

It could be just me but how I interpret the rise in pay for a year is simply he looks more likely to request a trade at the end of 2025 but the Swans know they're in premiership mode so they've offerred him a pay rise for next year to intice him to ask for a trade at the end of 2025 and not 2024.
Why would they do that? He's contracted and if they're resigned to him leaving they would just hold him to contract and trade him In 2025.

Makes no sense to pay him extra money just to trade him in 2025 anyway.

Straw clutching

Why would they do that? He's contracted and if they're resigned to him leaving they would just hold him to contract and trade him In 2025.

Makes no sense to pay him extra money just to trade him in 2025 anyway.

Straw clutching
Like I said its a theory but I think its possible that he wants to leave and to avoid him trying to seek a trade Sydney have given him a financial incentive to satay. Feel free to disagree as I get where you are coming from but in my opinion he would ahve signed on for more more tan 1 yea if he intended to stay at least currently. .

Speculation Chad Warner (OOC 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back