Preview Changes and Discussion - Round 8 - Hawthorn v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Montagna - was given a 1 week suspension for his dog act on Curnow.

He is unable to appeal due to his previous bad record.

As much as id like that to be true- and thank you for the update, he actually can appeal:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/113514/default.aspx

He must have the charge downgraded or thrown out entirely. If he chooses to appeal and fails- it's an automatic two weeks for him. He gets just the one if he takes an early plea.

It was a dog act, didn't like it at all.

just watched the last half of the port game again...geez, rough was great around the ground...his second efforts are second to none....it might just be the best place for him...and even though Renouf played a great game...perhaps Hale and Rough is a better combo for us, with one resting fwd...

Cyril and Suckling MUST come in if fit....no question

Smith was great, should keep his spot...as with Pup...

not sure who to miss...WhiteX probably first to go...then ?

No Montagna - was given a 1 week suspension for his dog act on Curnow.

He is unable to appeal due to his previous bad record.

So he should be! That whole St Kilda team should be thrown out a disgrace to AFL football! Pathetic behavior and immature! Hopefully Edward Curnow is ok, he doesn't deserve nothing bad!

hahaha Bayer... are you a Cat or a HAwk?

:(

If our boys had shown some balls against the Cats, I wouldn't have been wearing this awful sig and avatar.

Fortunately, we play them again in a month's time, so it's not going to drag on as long as it could have. :D

hahaha Bayer... are you a Cat or a HAwk?

He is a Hawk, but one that puts his balls on the line in the bay against ridiculous odds and consequently doesn't get to sport a non-derogatory avatar all too often :D :thumbsu:

Thank goodness that StKilda dog is out for this round. Serves him right.

Dawson in - Joey out is an obvious change. Missing Hayes and now Montagna, I'd like to think our midfield should be able to get on top. Especially without Gardiner, also, we won't be coming up against a strong ruck division. Shut down NDS and they may be forced to play Roo/Goddard towards the middle.

I think given the success of Roughie in the ruck its pretty hard to justify playing Hale and Renouf. One or the other from now on, unless up against a very strong ruck outfit, which St.Kilda are not.

In. Cyril, Suckling
Out. This is where it gets hard. I'd probably go Whitecross and .... stuffed if I know.

As for the people wanting to drop Lewis, the bloke has the leading score assists in the league. Must be doing something right.

If our boys had shown some balls against the Cats, I wouldn't have been wearing this awful sig and avatar.

Fortunately, we play them again in a month's time, so it's not going to drag on as long as it could have. :D

This. Too true. :thumbsu: Lets hope we can grow a couple next time so you can get rid of that charlatan off your avatar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think given the success of Roughie in the ruck its pretty hard to justify playing Hale and Renouf. One or the other from now on, unless up against a very strong ruck outfit, which St.Kilda are not.

McEvoy looked bloody good against the blues. I don't see a problme with going tall, especially if the weather is ok!

Did you have to go with that particular avatar? That avatar is more a joke on them, than it is on us. :D

In: rioli, suckling, ossie
Out: ladson, wx, smith/young

Im not willing to make the call on young in/out. If ossie is fit he has to come in. Murphy must stay, he is perfect for milne...

I don't think having Montagna out is going to worry the Saints too much. They're going to come out firing. We shouldn't take them too lightly. Asanque is right, they've done it before and they could do it again....but I hope not.

I'd like to see Hale come back in to stretch the Saints defence. Either Hale or Renouf can then go off to let Rough help in the ruck, part way through the third quarter. Assuming Ossie and Suckers are still not right, and that Clarkson likes Murphy and Ellis in the team, my team would be:

In: Rioli and Hale

Out: Whitecross and Ladson

FB: Puopolo - Gilham - Murphy
HB: Hodge - Gibson - Birchall
Ce: Young - Mitchell - Savage
HF: Lewis - Franklin - Bateman
FF: Rioli - Roughead - Burgoyne

Ru: Renouf
RR: Sewell
Ro: Shiels

I/C: Hale, Smith and Ellis + Guerra

Ins: Rioli, Hale, Suckling
Outs: Birchall, Ellis, Whitecross

FB: Puopolo, Gilham, Murphy
HB: Hodge, Gibson, Suckling
C: Smith, Mitchell, Savage
HF: Burgouyne, Franklin, Bateman
FF: Rioli, Roughead, Guerra
R: Renough, Sewell, Sheils
Int: Lewis, Ladson, Hale, Sub: Young

The next 5 weeks will define our season. Alot aof people say that the season starts to take shape at around Rd 7 or 8. So now is the time for the REAL Hawks to stand up.

Also really looking forward to seeing Rough and Bud tear Dawson another. Make him look like the complete clown he really is!

Coach Alistair Clarkson just on 3AW's sport tonight.

Said the Hawks were impressed with what they saw on Monday night.

Not yet decided if they are going to tag Goddard. (Gerard Healy said Ross Lyon has indicated he might put Goddard on Mitchell).

AC said they are expecting a 'torrid affair'

I don't think having Montagna out is going to worry the Saints too much. They're going to come out firing. We shouldn't take them too lightly. Asanque is right, they've done it before and they could do it again....but I hope not.

He is a HUGE loss. Their best runner and carrier of the ball. On top of the fact he generally uses it well, can win clearances, can kick goals, and can tag players.

We on the other hand get Rioli back and maybe Suckling. So no excuses for Hawks this week, not even the umpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back