Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Essendon round 15 @ The Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duggan is on the wing so Jetta takes his place in defence.

I am nervous for this game. Essendon has named a strong lineup. We'll need to be switched on and ready to go from the start.

Daniher and Heppell both named for Essendon.

This won't be an easy match by any means.
If we can’t beat Essendon we aren’t premiership quality, pretty simple. Compared to last year our defence is arguably in better shape, Yeo for Kelly balances itself out, Nic is on Fire. Our forward line is weaker but plenty of good sides have mediocre forwardlines.

Duggan is on the wing so Jetta takes his place in defence.

I know that’s where they’ve been named but I doubt that’s how they line up tomorrow night.

Jetta presumably playing forward, Cole and Nelson may switch between a wing and the backline as they did a couple of games ago.

If we can’t beat Essendon we aren’t premiership quality, pretty simple. Compared to last year our defence is arguably in better shape, Yeo for Kelly balances itself out, Nic is on Fire. Our forward line is weaker but plenty of good sides have mediocre forwardlines.

Agreed.

If we cant get over Essendon tomorrow then we should pack it in, we were never a serious contender anyway.

FWIW I think we win this one by 4 goals conservatively.

On paper I like this team.

It doesn't looks as weak with our outs as what I had thought it might.

What it also tells me if Jetta is on borrowed time.

I thought there might be an appetite to move Jetta to HF.

Once Yeo comes back, Duggan goes back to HB and Jetta goes back out of the team.

Essendon are fielding a strong team on paper, but chances are high they are underdone with Heppell, Hurley and Daniher back from extended injury layoffs without scrimmages etc.

They're going all or nothing this week.

I know that’s where they’ve been named but I doubt that’s how they line up tomorrow night.

Jetta presumably playing forward, Cole and Nelson may switch between a wing and the backline as they did a couple of games ago.
Yeah that makes the most sense.

Have to assume Cameron wasn't truly available fitness wise or you'd think he would've come in.

A few defenders, 2 defenders on the interchange, does that mean Jets gets moved forward and Nelson gets his spot, or there's a late out and Cameron comes in and goes forward? Looks like ducks and drakes to me?
* some pundits were saying Tigers were underdone with all their new ins.. Bombers have pace, cautious optimism. Fact is we can't afford to lose many games now to keep in touch with the 4.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this will be a good test for Oscar. How many promising key forwards get to take the third best defender every week and do their apprenticeship under 2 big forwards who have kicked 600 and 400 goals in their career?

Tomorrow night will give us a taste as to what he can do as the main key forward.

Dunno if Simmo is serious about Jetta playing forward but it would be interesting to see if it happens. With 3 forwards out and only 1 in, Kelly will surely play up the ground more than usual since he's a proven goalkicker.
I can see this being Bailey's breakout game with his 1st bag in only his 2nd game. Just needs to take the game on more than last week.

Daniher and Heppell both named for Essendon.

This won't be an easy match by any means.

Daniher's 2nd game in over 12 months on the back of a 5 day break, and travel.

Heppell first game back since a fractured ankle suffered after round 2.

Neither have played scrimmages.

If they are able to come in off that preparation and play lights out footy, hats off to them.

I'm more bullish about this game now than I was leading in to it.

Daniher's 2nd game in over 12 months on the back of a 5 day break, and travel.

Heppell first game back since a fractured ankle suffered after round 2.

Neither have played scrimmages.

If they are able to come in off that preparation and play lights out footy, hats off to them.

I'm more bullish about this game now than I was leading in to it.

As MrKK said on the latest podcast episode, it’s often the second game back when that lack of match fitness really starts to bite. I can only assume that’s exacerbated when there’s such a short turnaround between the two games.

I am honestly at a loss as to how Hamish Brayshaw has:
1. Not been named
2. Has been dropped from being an EMG

It's extremely disappointing to say the least given that he has ticked literally every box the club has put in front of him since being drafted. It's disgraceful and makes zero sense considering the quick turnarounds as well, especially when players like Ainsworth were given opportunities despite lesser form and unimpressive pre-seasons.

I'm not one to be overly critical of a Coach's strategic decisions since they know what they're doing, but this one just stinks.

I am honestly at a loss as to how Hamish Brayshaw has:
1. Not been named
2. Has been dropped from being an EMG

It's extremely disappointing to say the least given that he has ticked literally every box the club has put in front of him since being drafted. It's disgraceful and makes zero sense to say the least considering the quick turnarounds as well, especially when players like Ainsworth were given opportunities despite lesser form and unimpressive pre-seasons.

Simpson has messed this one up royally.

Oh the good old “we have a superstar on list and ALL coaches just don’t see it” argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back