Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Take names out of it for a second, with George coming back, 1 mid has to come out.

Plus, Fisher back means that we might move Colby further up the field because despite his incredible play, he still struggles defensively and with physical contact.

And Sydney are skilled and fast, we can't carry Sheez, Powell, Jy and Will in that midfield next week.

3 best 22 players should be ready to come back next game

Out: Scott, Dawson and shiels

In: Fisher, Logue and Wardlaw
Oh and of course pink out
Kal Dawson would be incredibly hard done by to be dropped. He has been excellent.
He’s been ok

Often goes third up but doesn’t impact

He’s good depth

For the first time in a very long time we are in danger of getting close to having to choose between a player contributing in a decent role and a player knocking down the door. Exciting times, if we can hold this form into the end of the season we will jag a few more and have a hell of story to sell to potential trades.

FWIW we have Wardlaw a certain in and presumably Logue a possibility. I'd probably be looking at Stephens, Taylor, Shiels and Pink. Most would feel a touch hard done if dropped and that's a good thing from a team point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think we can afford to not play Shiels atm
I get ya, but I don't agree necessarily. We aren't playing for finals so if he needs to make way so someone younger can stake their claim so be it. FWIW I'd probably move him to the sub as unlike younger players he's not missing development if he barely touches grass for the day.

For the first time in a very long time we are in danger of getting close to having to choose between a player contributing in a decent role and a player knocking down the door. Exciting times, if we can hold this form into the end of the season we will jag a few more and have a hell of story to sell to potential trades.

FWIW we have Wardlaw a certain in and presumably Logue a possibility. I'd probably be looking at Stephens, Taylor, Shiels and Pink. Most would feel a touch hard done if dropped and that's a good thing from a team point of view.
Exactly what I was just thinking about.

We're already there with the key backs. We have a good player coming back but nobody who even remotely deserves to be dropped.

OUT: Taylor, Stephens and Pink
IN: Wardlaw, Fisher and Logue.

McKercher goes to the wing, and Dawson up forward, he can at least kick goals from 50 metres out.

Pink out, Charlie forward.
I've been big on Chom forward but I think more likely to have Logue / Dawson as the swing at the moment. Let him build.

yeah I think Pink is the obvious tall to make way for Log. Pink has been largely ineffective
Pink a touch stiff as has been playing his role fine without massive impact - but I agree. He'd be the tall I'd change if Logue ready and no other tall changes. Kicked a pearler of a curling snap, confidence improving IMO.

IN: Wardlaw, Fisher

OUT: Stephens, Taylor

I don't know how to handle Logue's return. I guess Dawson out?
Not that Pink has been at all bad, but one option would be to play Logue forward. Would be a shame to upset the mix of Comben Dawson and Corr. I’d still give Logue more time in the 2s though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back