Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk about paying it forward.

Webster knocks Jy out, gets 4 weeks while getting into a scuffle with Al.
Webster cops it and gets a blood nose all while making Heaney unavailable this week.

A couple of early free kicks our way, then I’ll really, really believe things are turning.

We just beat a good midfield without a tag. If Phillips keeps Warner quiet and we lose, what's the point? Who's been tagged in Sydney's last two games? We've got nothing to lose, we won't be tagging next year so let's go head to head and back our mids in like we did in the last two games we've won.
Glad to see you worked out there was more than the one thread (will Phillips ) on this site but it’s always about Will- you’re smitten 😍

I can't see Sydney losing three in a row, with or without Heeney.

Having said that... there's always a chance! Our matches usually have a tinge of controversy and last year at Marvel was heartbreakingly frustrating at the end.

It was George's debut and I remember at the game thinking wow this kid is a freak.

Just hope we're as competitive as we've been over the past month and anything could happen. Please, no interchange errors, thanks in advance, and make sure we check how many players they have on the field late in the game. #2008EF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kangas should regain George Wardlaw (concussion) for Saturday's clash with the Swans, while Zac Fisher (foot) faces a fitness test later this week but could also be available. Wil Dawson (shoulder) and Blake Drury (knee) are both set to return through the VFL. The reserves side had the bye last weekend, so there is no exposed form to pick from for coach Alastair Clarkson, but don't expect too many changes following an impressive performance in the side's second win of the season last weekend. – Riley Beveridge

Last week's sub: Curtis Taylor (replaced Dylan Stephens)

Callum Mills has been declared a certainty to return this weekend after a long absence and will come straight back into the senior side to face North Melbourne. Luke Parker is also available but might be forced to again bide his time in the VFL, despite Isaac Heeney being unavailable due to suspension. The fact Taylor Adams was the sub last week underlines how tight competition for spots is as finals approach. – Martin Smith

Last week's sub: Taylor Adams (replaced Matt Roberts)

Horse On North Melbourne

“I think they've been tracking the right way. I was down and watched them a few weeks ago when they played Collingwood, and they just got rolled at the very end, but their first quarter and a half is as good a footy as any team's played, and that was against last year's premier. They've got young players with great belief. It'll be a tough game, so we need to play well. We need to bring our pressure.”

On learnings for this week

On the weekend we got 30-odd points up halfway through the third. We've got to make sure we keep that pressure on, and what's got us to that point in the second quarter, and certainly at the start of the third, was a bit more pressure around the footy.”

Horse On North Melbourne

“I think they've been tracking the right way. I was down and watched them a few weeks ago when they played Collingwood, and they just got rolled at the very end, but their first quarter and a half is as good a footy as any team's played, and that was against last year's premier. They've got young players with great belief. It'll be a tough game, so we need to play well. We need to bring our pressure.”

On learnings for this week

On the weekend we got 30-odd points up halfway through the third. We've got to make sure we keep that pressure on, and what's got us to that point in the second quarter, and certainly at the start of the third, was a bit more pressure around the footy.”

Where's this from?

That's the second time I've seen learnings. It is not a word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back