Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse On North Melbourne

“I think they've been tracking the right way. I was down and watched them a few weeks ago when they played Collingwood, and they just got rolled at the very end, but their first quarter and a half is as good a footy as any team's played, and that was against last year's premier. They've got young players with great belief. It'll be a tough game, so we need to play well. We need to bring our pressure.”

On learnings for this week

On the weekend we got 30-odd points up halfway through the third. We've got to make sure we keep that pressure on, and what's got us to that point in the second quarter, and certainly at the start of the third, was a bit more pressure around the footy.”

The 99' 25 year reunion was North vs Pies.

Horse come down for that, or coincidence?

Repeating myself weekly at this point: just keep bringing that pressure and fight that we've been seeing. If we can take it up to Sydney on their home turf then we can legitimately take it up to anybody. Huge opportunity here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been down media street this week which is always a worry. If we take it up to them and win bring on the it's happening gifs- we've arrived.
The warlords return will balance the ledger.

Ford to irritate the bejesus out the goose
Phillips on gulden
Arch on flapley

Win the midfield battle will be key.

the following announcement comes from heaven....
Saint Coach Emeritus Scamper (my little geelong cat saint)
1712263002203.png

who meows the following....

IN: Wardlaw, Fisher
OUT: Stephens, Shiels/Taylor

George back is obvious and other than that one massive **** up a few weeks ago from the kickout, Fish has been really good in his last 6-7 games.

Stephens has to go for standards-setting reasons. It's important to set standardd about going when it's your turn with a younger group.

As much as I've respected Shiels' role with us, I just dont think there's a need for him anymore. But I know Clarko loves him so I think it will be Taylor out instead. Regardless, whoever stays in plays as sub.

Finally, the VFL bye came at the wrong time otherwise Logue for Pink would have been another obvious change as a quality KPP for a player who isnt really AFL standard. I think he has to play forward when he comes back though.

Interesting chat about Taggers on SEN yesterday and the that their use has started to wane, as has their effectiveness. I have also noticed that with our use of Will. Do we continue with it or do we run a non-tagging midfield, and in that case, does that change anything for Will. Interesting selection coming up.

Interesting chat about Taggers on SEN yesterday and the that their use has started to wane, as has their effectiveness. I have also noticed that with our use of Will. Do we continue with it or do we run a non-tagging midfield, and in that case, does that change anything for Will. Interesting selection coming up.
LDU, wardlaw, sheezel, Powell and simpkin with Colby to go in there next year. We shouldn't be robbing development of our younger mids to run a hard tag. A defensive mid is fine but a tag seems silly, we saw how much better we were on the weekend without one. Let powell and wardlaw develop.

Literally 2 weeks ago we ran him with Treloar and the week before with Oliver and the week before with naicos. It's been a single game where we didn't really run it so wtf do you mean on the wane

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back