Preview Changes and Prematch Discussion Round 2: Sydney Swans (ANZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

KENNEDY OUT!!!!!!!!!! This makes me so angry how he is dropped yet Sinclair left in is beyond me. Kennedy has looked great in the preseason was one of the few players last week to show something in the quarter he was given and I was stumped last week why he didn't start. Great to see White in I like the 3 tall set up up forward. I hope Toovey is alright too he looked a bit underdone still and I think could maybe do with some time in the 2's to get a bit of leather poisoning

Sinclair gets a game by default, he's the only small defender we have available pretty much.

I think we are way too slow.

Maxwell, Adams, Macaffer, Witts, Goldsack, Ball, Frost, Grundy, Beams aren't very fast players.

Not sure why Maxwell, Goldsack and Witts are still playing.

Maxwell, Adams, Macaffer, Witts, Goldsack, Ball, Frost, Grundy, Beams aren't very fast players.

Well I would Not Call Adams or Grundy or Beams Slow Either

Well I would Not Call Adams or Grundy or Beams Slow Either

Adams and Beams are more inside players and don't have the break away speed like most of Hawthorn's mids do.

Grundy's a Ruckman, on Ruckman's terms he's average, but he's still slow.

Adams and Beams are more inside players and don't have the break away speed like most of Hawthorn's mids do.

Grundy's a Ruckman, on Ruckman's terms he's average, but he's still slow.

True Adams and Beams don't have that Break Away Speed but for inside mids they have Good Speed.

I think you are underrating Grundy's Speed

I could probably add another few blokes to that list of not very fast players in Cloke, Sidebottom, Blair, Pendles, Brown and Lumumba because not very fast is a poor adjective.

Converesely O'Keeffe, H Grundy, Derickx, Jack, Kennedy, McVeigh, Pyke, Richards, Parker, Rampe, and Bird are not very fast either.

The key is whether those named can spread effectively from contest to contest. We were beyond poor in that area against Fremantle and the side we have in this week on the whole is no slower than that of 09-11 the difference is we don't run both ways like we used to. On the whole speed isn't a factor if you use the ball well and our ball use of late is poor because we just aren't prepared to work hard enough into space to provide options for those further afield.

I guarantee you that if we get our transition run to AFL standard we won't look slow or unskilled. A perfect example was the first quarter against Fremantle. We looked sharp with both ball use (except at goal) and speed in that first quarter we were just limp wristed after 1/4 time which killed us.

I could probably add another few blokes to that list of not very fast players in Cloke, Sidebottom, Blair, Pendles, Brown and Lumumba because not very fast is a poor adjective.

Converesely O'Keeffe, H Grundy, Derickx, Jack, Kennedy, McVeigh, Pyke, Richards, Parker, Rampe, and Bird are not very fast either.

The key is whether those named can spread effectively from contest to contest. We were beyond poor in that area against Fremantle and the side we have in this week on the whole is no slower than that of 09-11 the difference is we don't run both ways like we used to. On the whole speed isn't a factor if you use the ball well and our ball use of late is poor because we just aren't prepared to work hard enough into space to provide options for those further afield.

I guarantee you that if we get our transition run to AFL standard we won't look slow or unskilled. A perfect example was the first quarter against Fremantle. We looked sharp with both ball use (except at goal) and speed in that first quarter we were just limp wristed after 1/4 time which killed us.

Sydney still have the fastest player in the comp

Sydney still have the fastest player in the comp

What point are you trying to make? How does having one very quick player relate to my post? They could have the flash line up tomorrow night and it wouldn't make one iota of difference if he can't find the ball!

What point are you trying to make? How does having one very quick player relate to my post? They could have the flash line up tomorrow night and it wouldn't make one iota of difference if he can't find the ball!

You were comparing there slow players to ours so i was just pointing out we don't have anyone as fast as him.

You were comparing there slow players to ours so i was just pointing out we don't have anyone as fast as him.

I would have touched on their fleet of foot players and ours had I thought they were relevant. Like I said its spread and ball movement that matter. Not leg speed.

What about Marsh?
r9liVRo.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair gets a game by default, he's the only small defender we have available pretty much.
Sinclair gets a game because he was one of our best players last week!!.. and because he is actually a good developing young player who finds the ball and has pace. The constant Sinclair bashing on this board is boring... doesn't seem to matter how he plays he's always got to be a scapegoat.

Sinclair gets a game because he was one of our best players last week!!.. and because he is actually a good developing young player who finds the ball and has pace. The constant Sinclair bashing on this board is boring... doesn't seem to matter how he plays he's always got to be a scapegoat.
He is no scapegoat he is just not consistently in our best 22. He is an average footballer who does not use the ball well and makes poor decisions. He is an excellent tackler and I will never question his endeavour or pace but he just doesn't have the skill set to be a good AFL player. He has played the odd good game but they are to far and few between.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and Prematch Discussion Round 2: Sydney Swans (ANZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back