Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly i could argue multiple categories in all elements!

CONDUCT He intentionally was going to bump Blakey. But it only became a tunnel because Blakey suddenly jumped in the air after the unexpected bounce. So Intentional or Reckless? dunno

IMPACT I would rule out severe given no injury, but rule out low given Blakey played on. So high or medium? dunno

CONTACT - clearly hit him on the body BUT it mean blakey landed on his neck / head. So which one is it? Dunno

Only a perfect run gets him to Fine - Careless / medium / body.

There are 7 other outcomes which get him between 1-3 games.

So yeah based on that seems like he is going to cop 1 or 2.

I PANICKED LAST WEEK WITH OUR POTENTIAL OUTS so let's just see. But if Hipwood and Harris are out on top of Payne, we should be 5/1 vs gold coast.
So Hipwood was assessed as CARELESS / LOW-IMPACT / BODY CONTACT (via the MRO magic 8-ball). If Blakey had been concussed, would Hipwood have received CARELESS / SEVERE / HIGH CONTACT?

How both Charlie and Bedford were assessed as high contact is an absolute mystery!

So Hipwood was assessed as CARELESS / LOW-IMPACT / BODY CONTACT (via the MRO magic 8-ball). If Blakey had been concussed, would Hipwood have received CARELESS / SEVERE / HIGH CONTACT?

How both Charlie and Bedford were assessed as high contact is an absolute mystery!

I think it was Rayner who laid almost the exact same tackle as Charlie did but with more force but because the opponent wasn't concussed it doesn't get looked at

Just a ridiculous system

As Maynard had he ball it could only be graded as careless conduct. The system is stuffed!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but I’m hopeful Dew will assist our preparation this week with inside knowledge of their players weaknesses. Obviously if Andrews is out it may not matter as we will be exposed down back significantly but at full strength and the mastermind Dew readying the troops, I am slightly more confident than I otherwise would be after last year plus the Suns form at home this season.

Harris is out! 😢

Lester / Joyce time !

My Time Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Massive worry for us this, with such a cramped ladder 1 loss will/could be the difference between top 4 and top 8.

I still have no idea what we do re another key tall defender.

Hipwood to defense and get Morris in next to Daniher + Smith.

I'd play Smith as a ruck this time and park Big O in the forward line.

Ben King will be salivating.

Ben King will be salivating.

Midfield needs to step up so the GC supply doesn't become a factor.

I have a funny feeling our defense is going to have a big game, felt like lesser lights started taking ownership in that last quarter once Chief wasn't there to save them. We are going to learn more about our defense this game.

I’m leaning towards the Hipwood back experiment for a week, which gives Henry a reprieve up forward. Or even Smith if he’s capable to play back.

I think we’d be well undersized if we go in trying to play Joyce, Lester and Prior for eg as the 3 “talls”.

If he was in any doubt Brain definitely gets another game this week. He becomes the designated interceptor after showing that ability yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipwood to defense and get Morris in next to Daniher + Smith.

I'd play Smith as a ruck this time and park Big O in the forward line.
Not a fan of Henry Smith(long term yes) but he is not up to it at the moment IMO. Don't mind the Hippy back idea.

Also don't think the Big O is a workable forward, it would also encourage our players up the field to just bomb it in, I would rather go smaller up forward and lower our eyes.

Outs- Harris Andrews, Henry Smith.

Ins- Logan Morris, Harry Sharp.

Sub- Bruce Reville.

I’m leaning towards the Hipwood back experiment for a week, which gives Henry a reprieve up forward. Or even Smith if he’s capable to play back.

I think we’d be well undersized if we go in trying to play Joyce, Lester and Prior for eg as the 3 “talls”.

If he was in any doubt Brain definitely gets another game this week. He becomes the designated interceptor after showing that ability yesterday.

Yep, they have Ballard, Collins and Mac Andrew. We need to park a third tall in our forward line alongside Daniher and Morris. I'm leaning Big O so he can clunk a few marks while Henry plays his preferred first ruck.

Similarly they have King, Lukosius and Walter. Lester takes the lanky Lukosius, Joyce needs to battle with King and Hipwood to Walter.

They said Harris was concussed in that incident with 30 seconds to go which was a massive play by Harris. Perhaps he had a higher propensity to concussion after the earlier knock which I have no knowledge is possible.

This will severely test us and last time Harris missed was back in 2020 I believe but we actually had coverage back then. Our KPD stocks really are decimated with Harris, Gardiner, Payne and Doedee outs. If only Tommy Fullerton was around lol.

Prior has to play and play a bit taller and given the Suns know Harris is not playing you’d expect they’ll load up on a tall forward line.

Smith still has to come out for mine for Morris and Prior for Andrews.

Like others have said; it’s really incumbent on our mids to have one of their best games collectively to limit Suns forward forays.

Suns played King, Walter and Lukosius last week. Genuinely I think we could get away with Starce playing on Lukosius for the most part. I'd be fine having that as plan A, bringing in prior as a medium option and then if we have to we swing eric back.

I'd much rather lean into team defence and our attack than disrupt things.

Joyce has to go with Ben King regardless of what we do from a pure height perspective. We have no one else fit who can do the job.

Last edited:
They said Harris was concussed in that incident with 30 seconds to go which was a massive play by Harris. Perhaps he had a higher propensity to concussion after the earlier knock which I have no knowledge is possible.

This will severely test us and last time Harris missed was back in 2020 I believe but we actually had coverage back then. Our KPD stocks really are decimated with Harris, Gardiner, Payne and Doedee outs. If only Tommy Fullerton was around lol.

Prior has to play and play a bit taller and given the Suns know Harris is not playing you’d expect they’ll load up on a tall forward line.

Smith still has to come out for mine for Morris and Prior for Andrews.

Like others have said; it’s really incumbent on our mids to have one of their best game in a long time.

Knowing Fagan, he'll be super keen to give Smith another game.

Smith has debuted against the ladder leader, it'll be a great opportunity to back that up with a game against GC where he might have more looks at both forward line and ruck.

The good thing is that players get the opportunity to test themselves in roles they may not have been accustomed to.

The bad thing is Harris is a very big out. He's the lynchpin of our back line.

Suns played King, Walter and Lukiousious last week. Genuinely I think we could get away with Starce playing on Lukiousious for the most part. I'd be fine having that as plan A, bringing in prior as a medium option and then if we have to we swing eric back.

I'd much rather lean into team defence and our attack than disrupt things.

Joyce has to go with Ben King regardless of what we do from a pure height perspective. We have no one else fit who can do the job.
We've got no option but to go smaller and work for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back