Prediction Changes for Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to practice with 4 so that a final vs Brisbane is not the first time we see that mix.

We gotta do something different to stop their forwards.

I reckon our defenders can handle Melbourne. I'm more worried about getting dominated at clearance.

I’m worried about our goal scoring.

He played very limited minutes off the 5 day break

Also remember when we picked Simon Phillips off 5 touches and no goals when he was in the middle all day

How did that work out for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to practice with 4 so that a final vs Brisbane is not the first time we see that mix.

We gotta do something different to stop their forwards.

I reckon our defenders can handle Melbourne. I'm more worried about getting dominated at clearance.
The best anecdote to that is 4 tall defenders to mark the ball. They aren't elite kicks that will hit Brown on the lead.

*I just jinxed it didn't I?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't our defenders be shitting bricks for having Ben Brown selected. Kicked 10 the last time he played us.

The problem is that Mckenzie is very stagnant with the ball and I can't see him being able to change his play style because he has been playing like this for so long and his body is now built to play as a kpd.

I feel we will be relying very heavily on Burton, DBJ and even Aliir to be carrying the ball and working hard up the ground to provide some bounce from half back.

Clurey for Bonner feels very experimental, like playing 4 kpfs earlier in the year, and I'm not sure I am happy with us getting experimental when we are playing one of the best teams in the comp. Would've preferred us to stick with the same structure.

At least we can be confident Clurey won’t kick the ball into a teammate’s back 15m out from goal. The idea of Bonner is great. The reality? Not so much. These changes make our team significantly better.

Which one of Jonas, Clurey, McKenzie or Aliir do you think is slower, less mobile than 2021 Hartlett?
Easy Jonas, Clurey and McKenzie.

But let's see how we go. We've never played such a tall backline, so whilst I personally feel it's a huge risk, and wouldn't have done it. It doesn't mean it will fail, so Ken will live and die by his decisions so let's see where it ends up.

Pleased to see Garner crack the emergency list. Hope he is the medical sub. Deserves reward for an extended good run of form in the sanfl.

Did laugh at the ABC journo who described the sanfl as "the reserves" :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back