Preview Changes for Round 18 v Fremantle (The Derby)

Remove this Banner Ad

JON hoping to be in consideration this week ... Said he obviously needs to come off the Rookie list but is hopeful of playing a few games this year :)

West Coast wouldn't put him up for an interview if he wasn't under consideration . Could be the success story of the Eagles season :eek:

Mr fix it to the rescue?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/28/2966642.htm?site=sport&section=afl

interesting could he play FF this week?
Is it worth a try

176857_1261683467426.jpg

No, Mr. Simpson, NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Wilkes is more agile than Wilson though I think Wilson is the better mark. Both strong and I personally think more preferabble to Lynch

Beau Wilkes begs for game is more like it. Dont beg for it, earn it ya squib

Anyone but me think Bones should play. Hes in our best 22. Thats just fact and vs Fremantle hes got a good matchup in Fyfe who he can run off.

Want to drop McKenzie for this one. Namely for matchup purposes and to give him a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking also improves when players find space and run to the right spots etc.
Our kicking will get better as we start playing as a team and everybody starts trusting each other to be there.
Must be tough for the new blokes at the moment.

Even more so when we use footballs ....................... as opposed to tennis balls.;)

Very good Obeanie and you got a chuckle from me when i read it.

Very strangely Game Sense does actually advocate the use of differing games and mediums(like different balls) to teach, add to, strengthen a skill or tactic being learnt.

Opening myself up to s******s BUT i actually have used the game Piggy in the middle to teach Teenage footballers the idea of : Playing on an oppo, when to get off your oppo, when to get back on. Risk analysis in general.

We recorded the lowest tackle count for any team in 2010 against Carlton. At least if McGinnity gets in he'll add some more pressure. Just hope to hell he doesn't get a lot of the ball like he has a few times this season, he is a shocking kick.

It'll just get worse with Hams out, though. Lynch needs to go, seriously what does he do for us? He's an ok mark occassionally but he gets too many inside 50s, he either tries to kick to a forward poorly or bombs it to the goal square - which at one time would have just gone straight through from that distance, is it just me or does he not kick as far anymore?

We recorded the lowest tackle count for any team in 2010 against Carlton. At least if McGinnity gets in he'll add some more pressure. Just hope to hell he doesn't get a lot of the ball like he has a few times this season, he is a shocking kick.

It'll just get worse with Hams out, though. Lynch needs to go, seriously what does he do for us? He's an ok mark occassionally but he gets too many inside 50s, he either tries to kick to a forward poorly or bombs it to the goal square - which at one time would have just gone straight through from that distance, is it just me or does he not kick as far anymore?

Hasn't been the same kick all season, has dropped kgs in his legs to improve endurance and agility which has resulted in loss of distance and a number of shanks.

Not sure if it's prudent to drop Masten yet but I'm not going to get into a debate haha.

IN: Swift, Houlihan, Shuey/McGinnity
OUT: Selwood, Sheppard, Hams

We could use McGinnity to play a defensive forward role to make up for Hams, I'm pretty sure he debuted in a forward pocket and kicked the first goal with a snap from the pocket.

He's had a lot of games off half-back for East Perth this year as an attacking half-back, so his defensive game is fine, I guess. He is a good tackler too.
And he has had more than one good game - he's had a string of them and getting better with each one. He is in form and I, for one, would like to see him in for the Derby.

Why do we want JON in?

He'll probably end up playing on Hill, and get destroyed. How's his defensive side of his game?

That, and he's only played one good game really. Make him earn it in WAFL this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for Round 18 v Fremantle (The Derby)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back