Changes for round eight

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me - if I have to watch Matt White play for Richmond one more time this year I will put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
Get this useless piece of shit out of a Tigers jumper once and for all. Dont ever allow this B grade ametuer to represent this club again. He has to play out the year at Coburg, or better still retire.

You list clogging useless piece of shit.

Roughead looms as the danger man. I suggest picking another ruckman and having him fill the gap as loose man in defence. Buddy has lost his mojo, he isn't even trying anymore. Probably worth putting someone on him to niggle so his mind stays off the game.

This is a very winnable game for us. Cousins and Morton to come in if available, and possibly another tall.

Out
Polo - probably suspended but should be dropped anyway for that effort
White - 5 disposals for a player of his type is just nowhere near good enough
Astbury - needs a rest

In
Foley
Cousins
Graham/Browne/Simmonds - Need another true ruckman in there with Vickery, so if Graham or Browne didn't do enough at Coburg, it has to be Troy

What the ranger said.

**** me - if I have to watch Matt White play for Richmond one more time this year I will put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
Get this useless piece of shit out of a Tigers jumper once and for all. Dont ever allow this B grade ametuer to represent this club again. He has to play out the year at Coburg, or better still retire.

You list clogging useless piece of shit.

I'm hearing you.. Its even disappointing seeing him kick a goal because I know that gives him a better chance of staying in next week and thats saying something since we desperately need all the goals we can get arrr...

I just can't see what coaches see in him, I would much rather see contin get upgraded and come in and do Whites role of nothing, cant be that hard..

I don't think there is any need to make massive changes. We were very, very competitive for three quarters and some could argue during that period, we were the better side.

In: Foley, Cousins
Out: Polo (suspended), White

Roughead looms as the danger man. I suggest picking another ruckman and having him fill the gap as loose man in defence. Buddy has lost his mojo, he isn't even trying anymore. Probably worth putting someone on him to niggle so his mind stays off the game.

This is a very winnable game for us. Cousins and Morton to come in if available, and possibly another tall.

Kingy in!!!
do we even HAVE another tall to bring in?
Grif ? injured?
Westoff ? weighs 45kg
?
?
would like to see Browne get a run and Gus too - ffs he did show a bit even if only glimpses and he is huge

Very interesting week. Hawthorn currently have very ineffective key backmen which have had bags kicked on them just about every week. So Astbury should be kept in despite not doing much yesterday.

The Hawks also have the worst ruck division in the comp at the moment so I would consider bringing in Gus but Dimma is obviously waiting for him to dominate at Coburg so that probably wont happen.

Outs: Polo - suspended and should be traded at years end. White 5 touches against Crows. Delist.

In - Post for Polo - bring him in to play as a third tall and release Moore to flank. Foley/Cuz for White. Whichever is ready.

I just can't see what coaches see in him, I would much rather see contin get upgraded and come in and do Whites role of nothing, cant be that hard..
we cant upgrade every rookie.

Very interesting week. Hawthorn currently have very ineffective key backmen which have had bags kicked on them just about every week. So Astbury should be kept in despite not doing much yesterday.
Astbury looked good. didnt get to much off it, but made strong leads up the ground and has very good hands. cant wait for him to add a bit of weight and we actually can hit a target in the forward line. he will be a very handy player for us, unless we somehow stuff up his development.

We just got beaten heavily by the only other team that was to yet win a game. We will not play a winnable game this season and if anything teams are going to lift against us because no one will want to be the team we beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:
- White
- Polo
- McGaune ( if he is suspended)

In:
- Foley
- Cousins
- Gourdis ( If eligible now, or bring in Post)

A part from the set shots I liked Polak's game especially early. Creates a target that we deary need. He should be our target when kicking out.

Oot - White, Astbury, Polo
In - Foley, Cousins, Hislop

Would have said Browne or Graham in but if we're ever going to get away with having just Vickery it's going to be this week.

B - Newman, Thursfield, McGuane
HB - Tambling, Moore, Deledio
C - Edwards, Foley, Collins
HF - Cotchin, Riewoldt, Nason
F - Nahas, Polak, Tuck
Foll - Vickery, Martin, Jackson
Inter - Rance, Webberley, Cousins, Hislop

Keep on giving the kids games, as long as they're competitive.

This time last year Freo were playing all of their kids, and losing badly in last quarters after being competitive for the first three. People were talking about Stephen Hill as being one of the worst picks ever! Harvey kept playing him though.

We're displaying a similar pattern - winning contested possies in the first half, struggling through the 3rd and getting smashed in the 4th. We just have to keep tackling hard and playing man on man. Sooner or later we'll build our fitness to a level where we can play the entire match and someone's gonna get a mauling :D

Oh yeah - send Richie back to that bloody hypnotherapist as well!

This will be Vickerys best game yet againsed the Hawks. (I hope) They have no ruck, and Ty is getting better and better by the week. Remember, this big skinny kid hasn’t turned 20 yet and is in the hardest possie in the game… Ruck. He had his best ever game on Sunday, and if anyone can be bothered (The Ty haters) go compare his first 16 games to Kruuzers first 16) Againsed the Crows he only had 8 possessions, but 7 of them were contested. That shows one thing…. The big kid has balls. Gotsta love the Big Vic:thumbsu:

This will be Vickerys best game yet againsed the Hawks. (I hope) They have no ruck, and Ty is getting better and better by the week. Remember, this big skinny kid hasn’t turned 20 yet and is in the hardest possie in the game… Ruck. He had his best ever game on Sunday, and if anyone can be bothered (The Ty haters) go compare his first 16 games to Kruuzers first 16) Againsed the Crows he only had 8 possessions, but 7 of them were contested. That shows one thing…. The big kid has balls. Gotsta love the Big Vic:thumbsu:

Renouf is not nobody Baz, he's a significantly better ruckman than Vickery at this stage of their respective careers and he did a mammoth job by himself at Subi against Cox and NicNat on the weekend. Very credible effort.

Unless I've missed that he's out injured/suspended or something?

Certainly be interesting to see how Vickery goes though. :thumbsu:

I think this week is a toss up. You guys are in with a real chance. Since Round 3 we have been seriously awful. The best way to exploit us is by deploying two ruckman against Renouf. He's been serviceable but naturally runs out of steam carrying the load by himself. The other key is to exploit our lack of any key backmen. Place a couple of talls in the forward half and kick it long. Clarkson will have no answer. We are really slow too and it's only going to get worse with Bateman gone. Buddy coming back is a big in for us and hopefully with him and Hodge it will inspire the rest of the team enough for us to get over the line. I say the Hawks by 11 points.

I loved the Tigers game v the crows...like going out with a hot chick on a first date...copping a feel, getting a bit of lovin'... and almost going the whole way. But despite going homw hard, you go back for more 'cause you know it's good.

There was a lot to like about how the tigers played for 3 quarters. Tenacity, hard at it, mongrel, pressure, moving on the ball, doing the 1%ers. ..therfore I wouldn't want to make too many unecessary changes. Hawthorn is a different propositiuon, but gee, we owe them big time...

OUT Polo, White
IN Axel, Cuz, (Morts if Ian Astbury needs a rest)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for round eight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back