Changes for round eight

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved the Tigers game v the crows...like going out with a hot chick on a first date...copping a feel, getting a bit of lovin'... and almost going the whole way. But despite going homw hard, you go back for more 'cause you know it's good.

There was a lot to like about how the tigers played for 3 quarters. Tenacity, hard at it, mongrel, pressure, moving on the ball, doing the 1%ers. ..therfore I wouldn't want to make too many unecessary changes. Hawthorn is a different propositiuon, but gee, we owe them big time...

OUT Polo, White
IN Axel, Cuz, (Morts if Ian Astbury needs a rest)

Love the analogy here - glad someone else took some positives out of the Crows game. During the game I didn't think we were going to win it, but it made me feel, for the first time this year, that a win isn't too far away.

Happy for minimal changes this week, other than Polo and one omission to be replaced by Foley and Cousins.

I think this week is a toss up. You guys are in with a real chance. Since Round 3 we have been seriously awful. The best way to exploit us is by deploying two ruckman against Renouf. He's been serviceable but naturally runs out of steam carrying the load by himself. The other key is to exploit our lack of any key backmen. Place a couple of talls in the forward half and kick it long. Clarkson will have no answer. We are really slow too and it's only going to get worse with Bateman gone. Buddy coming back is a big in for us and hopefully with him and Hodge it will inspire the rest of the team enough for us to get over the line. I say the Hawks by 11 points.

you are just fking with us arent you?
deploying 2 whats?
a couple of who in the fwd line?

we dont even have 1 good ruckman so Renouf will be looking forward to this game, as he may even look ok

talls in the forward half...jeez Id like to help u out there....

weve got Astbury doing ok for a young undersize tall
Reiwoldt who plays tall, but isnt, and....? Polly, who we probably need to play back due to our continuing inability to clear the ball using our favoured plan of kicking it to the tallest player on the opposition and hoping he doesnt expect it and misses it because he is distracted by trying to see his mum in the crowd to wave to, (but they seem to be onto this now)

fwiw I think we will have the pace, but will likely gift you plentiful turnovers, more if you play like you want to, and I doubt that the hawks will be so forgiving as to give us many back.

A good tustle early, until it becomes apparent that we have no idea of what to do with the red thing at either end of the ground.

we will see your Burgoyne with our Cousins (for Polo), and raise you a Foley (for White), who you can match with Mitchel, and Buddy, well...
we are both therefore better sides than last week -( Roughie played a blinder btw - how will he like going back to 2nd fiddle?)

going out on a limb....us to lose by 10 goals

Is this fact:confused: or have you just made it up

No - Sorry. Thats what i think we should do, not fact.

Otherwise we cant get Gourdis in the team until after round 11 without a rookie upgrade for a longterm injury.

Thats how i would manage the griffiths situation. Just put him in training to strengthen his soulders and get some game time into Gourdis. And let Griffiths come back after some serious conditioning work later in the season.

Otherwise buddy will tear us limb from limb next week. Gourdis may be our best bet.

"going out on a limb....us to lose by 10 goals"

I think it's going to be a lot closer than that. (BTW, Mitchell & Burgoyne may not play.) Our big in is Franklin. He's been good this season but has missed games due to suspension and injury. I would not be surprised if he kicks 5 or 6 goals. If you guys can exploit our lack of height in defence and general slowness around the ground you're in with a chance.

"going out on a limb....us to lose by 10 goals"

I think it's going to be a lot closer than that. (BTW, Mitchell & Burgoyne may not play.) If you guys can exploit our lack of height in defence and general slowness around the ground you're in with a chance.

ah - I thought it was announced that they were back in the side?
we are a chance, especially if you are missing them, along with Bateman, if we can win enough ball to find some forwards, I suppose we might play Polly / Tuck fwd to give another tall target, perhaps Polly but with some speedy flankers we may just stick to running it up and spotting up leads, unable to exploit your lack of height on account of our own lack of height.

Who knows - might be the week we get to see McGuane play fwd

b/ newman - thursfield - nason.
hb/ deledio - post - moore.
c/ collins - martin - cousins
hf/ morton - riewoldt - cotchin.
f/ nahas - polak - astbury.
r/ simmonds - tuck - foley.
int/ vickery - edwards - farmer - sheesh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for round eight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back