Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you see the delivery to Wright? Their mids just walked the footy to him. Obviously we need to defend well but it’s on our mids this week.
Keath wouldn't have stopped Wright with the clearances we gave them.
I promise you Wright doesn't kick more than 2-3 on Keath even if we had a midfield of Boomer Harvey, Akermanis, and Jake Stringer at their front running best.

The 1st quarter will be the tell tail of this game. If we start well and don’t let them jump us I think we are in with a good chance. Martin in is massive but very disappointing about Keath 💔. At least we get Keath and Flee back for the big dance 😎 go dogs!!

What's everyone's pre-gam rev up song? Mine would have to be 'Lose Yourself'. Shoot me some ideas for a playlist!
Have a crack at Bastard Son of Odin by Battlebeast. We have the Chris Hemsworth connection.

I reckon i'll be wet, that should suit us more than them.

Adelaide forecast for Saturday
Mostly sunny morning, partly cloudy afternoon. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning.

hope they're wrong and instead it buckets down.

Some spookily accurate foreshadowing of this weeks selections by Beveridge in the lead up to last weeks game.

w1h3sMw.gif
Funnily enough he acknowledges that we would need to advance for Stef to get picked. We advanced. Stef got picked. We all got surprised.

Bevo doesn’t select limpers. So if Bont or Stef aren’t pretty good I’ll be really surprised.

regardless we have plenty of blokes that can apply massive heat and if we bash them around the footy we could get in a frenzy

Let’s just hope we bring the energy.

Mostly sunny morning, partly cloudy afternoon. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the late afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the late morning.

You might want to edit this ;)

Dare to Dream

Reminds me of that guy during 2016 that used to be near our cheersquad that had a banner of a bulldog sleeping at his Kennel with a dream bubble with the premiership cup in it. Had the words dare to dream on it.

So, the Bulldogs have used 41 players on the list this season, won 15 games while holding 1st-2nd spot for the majority of the season. Keath out hurts but will it affect their chances of winning on Saturday night? Maybe, but maybe not.

When the midfield has been in form they were 9-1. A big reason why that midfield dominated during that period was due to one Stef Martin. Guess who's back?

Ports talls are solid but the Bulldogs have the key position defenders in Gardner, Cordy and Schache to at least compete. Ports smalls are the concern and the Bulldogs have Dale, Williams and Duryea to cover them.

Why the Bulldogs will win? You all know the answer, even all of you bringing the doom and gloom since the team was named without Keath.

The midfield is back in form and now the Bulldogs have the ruckman to nullify theirs. When the midfield is in form the omission of Keath while a loss will not affect the Bulldogs chances. When the midfield is in form, we win.

Keep the faith you lot. This team has dealt with adversity time and time again. No one gave the Bulldogs a chance in 2016. They were not the favourites in any of those finals. They won all 4 of them while travelling the country. 2021 is turning out to be strikingly similar, no one is giving the Bulldogs a chance and they are still here, still fighting and still winning.

Bulldogs by 17 points and to progress through to the 2021 Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I promise you Wright doesn't kick more than 2-3 on Keath even if we had a midfield of Boomer Harvey, Akermanis, and Jake Stringer at their front running best.

Maybe but at the end of the day Wright was largely irrelevant in that game anyway. We had 10 more shots at goal and on xScore should've won by 5 goals.

Regardless of what happens on the weekend our biggest issue this year and for many years now has been accuracy, it's cost us more times than any other issue including structure.

Naughton, English, Bontempelli and Hannan are well below the set shot competition average and need to tidy this up ASAP.

Maybe but at the end of the day Wright was largely irrelevant in that game anyway. We had 10 more shots at goal and on xScore should've won by 5 goals.

Regardless of what happens on the weekend our biggest issue this year and for many years now has been accuracy, it's cost us more times than any other issue including structure.

Naughton, English, Bontempelli and Hannan are well below the set shot competition average and need to tidy this up ASAP.
Be that as it may we're a better chance to win if we stop them from scoring easily. This is made far more difficult in the absence of Keath.

Our set shot and goal kicking is a constant and not going to change this week.

Yep and that 2016 GWS team was stronger than the 2021 Port team. Our 2021 team is stronger than our 2016 team.
No chance. We don't have one defender even close to Morris, a leader as ruthless as Boyd, or a forwardline as functional.

We have a midfield. Hopefully Steph isn't cooked.

No chance. We don't have one defender even close to Morris, a leader as ruthless as Boyd, or a forwardline as functional.

I'll give you Morris, but we don't have a leader as ruthless as Boyd? The best player in the game is our leader.

Our rebound is superior now. Our kpf marking power is superior now.

Our forward half pressure has evolved.

the first question of the game will be can the power win enough of the ball against us

You are REALLY looking forward to the game 😯

A forward line as functional? Our 2016 forward line wasn’t strong. Look at some of the games during the season (that Norf one in particular). I’d take the current one any day without hesitation. This one has Naughton and various others that can take a mark….

Our defence then was amazing so I take your other point.

Our rebound is superior now. Our kpf marking power is superior now.

Our forward half pressure has evolved.

the first question of the game will be can the power win enough of the ball against us
Really? Naughton was the only tall to take a mark inside our forward 50 last week.

Our rebound was one of the keys to our flag can't agree it's better now as was our forward pressure.

Again hopefully our midfield is switched on. Otherwise it'll be a long night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back