Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Gold Coast, MCG Sat 01/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why pick Mayne over Rantall. Seriously Mayne, more than likely his last season, l don't get the selection, as this club needs to stick to the youth, as 2022 is now the focus for the remainder of this year.
Nek minut.. Mayne gets a 2 year extension on his contract.. Rantall not offered a contract and told we will help you get to another club🤪😤😥

Flattered that you care.

Mayne's selection wouldn't mean that Buckley is compromising list development and trying to save his own arse.
Bucks just said he doesn't think Bringing in a new player for one game then dropping him is a good thing.. presumably he meant not a good thing for list development. Then he goes and does just that. So.... Ok you think he isn't compromising list development despite this?
He is clearly not trying to win games to save his job by playing Mayne.. that's obvious.
We needed to select Mayne to make sure we don't get beaten by 15 goals.. 👍 ...
You know, The sort of results that might end up in a coach being sacked mid season... I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.. all Bout big bodies, leadership, experienced heads helping out the youngsters... Like we need Mayne for that.

Good to see Madgen dropped. Kelly was not prolific on the weekend, and probably needs a clear run at it in the twos to gain some form. He’s development has been incredibly interrupted so far.
Playing 2 years as a forward, then because they decide to put Moore forward, they give him one VFL game as a defender then bring him in to play back, then puts him forward in the 2nd half..

No wonder he wasn't impactful..

Mayne selected?

OK, so you get a player that will leak goals, cause turnovers because his kicks don't go 15m, hand passes backwards, can't run and carry, can't intercept mark, never plays on, even with the stand rule,.....and, then Bucks wonders why his team sits second last and one of the slowest ball movers in the league.

Just give it up Bucks. Give it up mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking more and more like it'll be JDG, Keane, Poulter and Mayne coming into the team this week. Pretty ambivalent on Mayne but can understand the reasoning. With those 4 replacing Kelly, Rantall, Ruscoe and Madgen we reduce the the number of players with <50 games within the squad from 11 to 9 which I like. Don't want to see us 10+ any more than we have to, hard enough to win with <10.

Can’t wait for Poulter the dynamic wingman / half back who has elite kicking skills to settle down in the back pocket with a lockdown role on Izak Rankine. Then gets dropped next week.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Low expectations are key here, hard to make an impact on a wing with a team in disarray. He won’t know where to run or what to do.

Disappointed with Rantall dropping, as it appears to be, but can't say I'm surprised either. We were probably too far the other way with inexperienced bodies out there last week, would just be better if it was Adams or Howe we were calling on, not Mayne!

But I can live with that change, here's hoping we bring home the four points!

Disappointed with Rantall dropping, as it appears to be, but can't say I'm surprised either. We were probably too far the other way with inexperienced bodies out there last week, would just be better if it was Adams or Howe we were calling on, not Mayne!

But I can live with that change, here's hoping we bring home the four points!
Where's everyone getting the team info from? How do we know that Rantall has been dropped?

Named in the centre in the VFL side. Madgen, Ruscoe and Kelly also named. Tyler Brown too
I can't say that I'm up to date with the current team naming conventions, but could it be like previous years where the senior "interchange from" guys got name in both teams?

I can't say that I'm up to date with the current team naming conventions, but could it be like previous years where the senior "interchange from" guys got name in both teams?
Yes, but Mayne, Poulter and Keane haven't been named, nor have Macrae, McCreery, TBrown, Thomas, Noble, or any other players that played last week so looks like they are all in the seniors.. And DeGoey to come in.

Looking more and more like it'll be JDG, Keane, Poulter and Mayne coming into the team this week. Pretty ambivalent on Mayne but can understand the reasoning. With those 4 replacing Kelly, Rantall, Ruscoe and Madgen we reduce the the number of players with <50 games within the squad from 11 to 9 which I like. Don't want to see us 10+ any more than we have to, hard enough to win with <10.
The thing with Mayne is that he's a smart player who appears to do a fair bit of traffic directing, he might be one bloke who is really good to help the kids develop and learn where to run and position.

Yes, but Mayne, Poulter and Keane haven't been named, nor have Macrae, McCreery, TBrown, Thomas, Noble, or any other players that played last week so looks like they are all in the seniors.. And DeGoey to come in.
It does make delaying the named team bloody odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back