Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Gysberts 3 times in the best from 14 games. Sierakowski 6 from 9. Not that they mean much. Can't be bothered working out the touches.

Siera is significantly harder than Anthony from what I've seen. Not that that's difficult. Anthony has also played plenty of AFL compared to Sierakowski. Struggling to see how Siera is getting gifted games and Anthony isn't getting a chance but that's bigfooty.

Have to love all the outrage about "gifting games" followed by all the outrage when a consistent VFL performer gets put on the emergency list because he's not a glamorous selection.

Greenwood should be the selection anyway if we need one.

i think the problem is we know what we are going to get from Anthony and Siera. Anthony you can say is a better player but they are both limited. Either player makes no difference to our team so why keep playing them? Bringing someone into the team is suppose to make our team better.

Nope. Gysberts 3 times in the best from 14 games. Sierakowski 6 from 9. Not that they mean much. Can't be bothered working out the touches.

Siera is significantly harder than Anthony from what I've seen. Not that that's difficult. Anthony has also played plenty of AFL compared to Sierakowski. Struggling to see how Siera is getting gifted games and Anthony isn't getting a chance but that's bigfooty.

Have to love all the outrage about "gifting games" followed by all the outrage when a consistent VFL performer gets put on the emergency list because he's not a glamorous selection.

It's a good post.

I wouldn't take a great deal from the bests, as Gys has been super consistent in that inside role. In saying that, he has dropped off a little in recent times, and he still needs to build his tank to compete at AFL level. If we viewed Gys as a development prospect this season, then he has developed quite well, and I can see further improvement in him. Enough to perhaps push for senior selection regularly next season.

Siera isn't as soft as some claim him to be. Certainly an outside receiver by trade, but he gets his hands dirty when he needs to. I still think he'll be a delistee candidate at the end of the season.

Levi shouldn't have been dropped and if Siera comes in ahead of him for a Ziebell, then I won't know what the **** he has to do to get a game.

i think the problem is we know what we are going to get from Anthony and Siera. Anthony you can say is a better player but they are both limited. Either player makes no difference to our team so why keep playing them? Bringing someone into the team is suppose to make our team better.

I tend to agree that they are both limited footballers and not part of the future.

The only reason I've been posting is because of the absurd notion that Siera is getting gifted games. You have just asked the question "why keep playing them?" Neither of them are playing, mate. Siera has played about half an hour of AFL footy in 2 years and unlikely to add to that. Yet somehow he is a Brad Scott favourite with a free ride in the team. It's hilarious.

It's a good post.

I wouldn't take a great deal from the bests, as Gys has been super consistent in that inside role. In saying that, he has dropped off a little in recent times, and he still needs to build his tank to compete at AFL level. If we viewed Gys as a development prospect this season, then he has developed quite well, and I can see further improvement in him. Enough to perhaps push for senior selection regularly next season.

Siera isn't as soft as some claim him to be. Certainly an outside receiver by trade, but he gets his hands dirty when he needs to. I still think he'll be a delistee candidate at the end of the season.

Levi shouldn't have been dropped and if Siera comes in ahead of him for a Ziebell, then I won't know what the **** he has to do to get a game.

Agree with every word.

I'm interested in Gysberts' progress. My concern with him from the moment we got him has been his tank, considering the other aerobically-challenged players already in our midfield. He was always going to be a bit of a project and I hope he's kept for next year.

well there ya go! There has been a number of games that I have seen Jizz play where he should have been in the bests, before Siera yet Siera made it.

Anthony is harder than Siera. I've seen Siera squib contests against blokes who are half his size in the VFL. its the primary reason why I don't want him in the side. There was all this talk about his elite kicking and so forth, yet he butchers it and misses targets even at VFL level.

mate, you're talking to a guy who gets to see Buddy kick 10 goals every time he sees him. Still enjoy it, albeit it behind gritted teeth

Remember when Carey used to rip the heart out of your side?

We do. ;)

Gysberts and Anthony have been in the bests more get more touches than what he does. They are also not as soft as siera.

26371952.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree that they are both limited footballers and not part of the future.

The only reason I've been posting is because of the absurd notion that Siera is getting gifted games. You have just asked the question "why keep playing them?" Neither of them are playing, mate. Siera has played about half an hour of AFL footy in 2 years and unlikely to add to that. Yet somehow he is a Brad Scott favourite with a free ride in the team. It's hilarious.

He is more of a fav to brad then greenwood. My point is siera shouldn't even be listed in emergency yet a number of times this year he has. Funny how all of last year and start of this year one of norths assistants wanted to play black yet mr stubborn coach refused to until he had pressure from others...

The more interesting move is dropping Hine for Grima. Understand dropping Hine, but geez Narni makes us tall back there. Is there any chance of Brad pushing him forward for his maiden goal? :)

Yes. Yes there is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back