Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Why risk him and George with 3 games to go in a dead end year? Give them the last 3 off and get them right for 25.

Gives us a chance to look at Will Dawson behind the ball, Colby in the middle and Hardeman cross HB.
Nah if they're fit enough to play then select them. We have at least one more winnable game, let's keep it going. The season ends in 3 weeks, and then they have months for any surgery and rehab.

Out:

Comben (injured)
Stephens (injured)
Teakle (Spell)
RHJ (had your chance)

In:

W Dawson (Give him a couple of games)
Bergman (Hardly had a sniff all year)
Finnbar (Give him a couple of games)
C Harvey (Give him a couple of games to warrant a contract extension).
Has Cooper been so poor in the twos that he hasn't warranted a game all year? or injury? or both?

Has Cooper been so poor in the twos that he hasn't warranted a game all year? or injury? or both?

Has been injured for a bit at key stages and then struggled behind the likes of Ford, Drury, Duursma and lately RHJ for a game. Is also behind Lowson in the pecking order in the VFL.

Averaging about 15 disposals and 1.5 goals a game. Kicked about 8 goals in the last 6 games.

Has never struggled to hit the scoreboard and always gets himself in good spots. Just doesn’t have elite speed or defensive pressure and literally is just a goal sneak or strong marking small forward - with little else on offer atm. I would put him in the mould of a Jaimie Elliot type.

Needs to prove that he deserves a list spot next year even if his last name wasn’t Harvey!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If no Logue and wardlaw then

Out: pink and rhj
In: Finnbar and Fisher

I don’t think Fisher will get back this year.

Couldn’t even walk laps last week, let alone train, let alone be fit to perform.

Has already missed 2, another 1 and I reckon they put a line through him…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate to agree with the most un-Nostradamus Nostradamus is history, but is it time to give Maley his AFL debut, especially if Comben misses?

Move Pink down back and have Teakle and Maley providing support for Larkey up forward and Xerri in the Ruck.

Chom looked cooked. Zero acceleration and in visible pain quite often. If there's a risk of increasing the damage done then cotton ball him ASAP. I don't care if he would still give more than a prospective replacement or how winnable this game would be. He is the longest of long term prospects for us, don't risk it!!

Maley should be given a taste of the 1s. He can't be any worse shooting for goal then Pink. Maley for Pink seems a reasonable swap. Pink does chase hard and provide great pressure so Maley would need to bring that.
2.0, 15 disposals, 5 tackles, 13 hitouts and 7 marks (at least 2 contested) today. Laid 19 tackles the last three weeks, though he has been a ruck quite a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maley should be given a taste of the 1s. He can't be any worse shooting for goal then Pink. Maley for Pink seems a reasonable swap. Pink does chase hard and provide great pressure so Maley would need to bring that.
I don't know that Maley can bring the defensive effort to replace what Pink is doing for us. He's more a like for like for Teakle (crashing packs and ruck relief) if they want to bring him in and not mess too much with the forward line set up.

Would be interested in how he would go in that role, buts Teak's has been ok for us so far.

Have to see what the VFL brings and any injuries but Charlie needs a rest. Force him.

RHJ had a couple of moments early then crickets.

Phillips and Powell were used sparingly in the midfield, does one go out to provide a different player type?

Ford had a good final quarter but if we keep Durrs, getting stacked in the mid sized forward, but as we don't have any smalls maybe he stays?

Pink, open for an exit if someone stands up in the 2nds.

As for ins, Logue if fit, I want to see Hardeman back as well, and will wait and see the other options.
A lot has been made of Phillips being a 1 position player BUT, watching him yesterday in the times he went inside 50 actually positions himself very well to take advantage of the ball coming off a marking contest, can find space, is strong through the core, and can snap a goal. With rotation caps, takes a very special type to consistently be a damaging full time stay at home small forward. Id have Will playing that role all day every day over RHJ, Drury, or Cooper at the moment.

Would love to see Finnbar given a taste before the end of the season. Him, Teaks, and Duursma would give us some real marking presence forward, which is exactly what Larkey needs.

IN: Maley, Fisher
OUT: Pink, Hansen Jnr

Natural ins limited by injury, depending what changes are forced but I’d again like to see minimal changes, so players and combinations who are doing plenty right get more experience together. And yes the long view is the most important but **** I’d like to see back to back wins next week.

I hate to agree with the most un-Nostradamus Nostradamus is history, but is it time to give Maley his AFL debut, especially if Comben misses?

Move Pink down back and have Teakle and Maley providing support for Larkey up forward and Xerri in the Ruck.

I was thinking the same thing after his VFL performance today. Might be time for packs to be crashed. Would love to get a look at him.

Out

CHOM - that’ll do mate, that’ll do. Great season and everything we’d hoped for. Go in for surgery and get the body right

Stephens

Hansen Jr

In

K Dawson

Lazz* Sub

Maley - pink is going to have to play back. We are back to round 1 defence.

If Kerch pulls up sore give him either a week off or the rest of the season. In which case Bergman comes in, or Hardman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back