Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Finnbar given a taste before the end of the season. Him, Teaks, and Duursma would give us some real marking presence forward, which is exactly what Larkey needs.

IN: Maley, Fisher
OUT: Pink, Hansen Jnr
Would get some great mismatches too

Would isolate Finnbar on their third tall

Wonder if, given the legal fracas, we should be expecting a substitute coach makes an appearance this week.
It's Hawthorn, the club, that has to formulate a reply within a month (I think that's the timeline), not any of the individuals. I don't think much of Clarko's time will be taken up by it, and I also don't think it will be emotionally impactful enough to put him out of commission.

It's Hawthorn, the club, that has to formulate a reply within a month (I think that's the timeline), not any of the individuals. I don't think much of Clarko's time will be taken up by it, and I also don't think it will be emotionally impactful enough to put him out of commission.
Was thinking more around whether it’s reasonable to put him under the public spotlight and make him face press questioning throughout the week given he won’t be able to respond to questions meaningfully.

Was thinking more around whether it’s reasonable to put him under the public spotlight and make him face press questioning throughout the week given he won’t be able to respond to questions meaningfully.

I imagine he’d reiterate that he wants the opportunity to tell his side then ask for the next question.

Also off Broadway v WC in Tas.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chom looked cooked. Zero acceleration and in visible pain quite often. If there's a risk of increasing the damage done then cotton ball him ASAP. I don't care if he would still give more than a prospective replacement or how winnable this game would be. He is the longest of long term prospects for us, don't risk it!!
I agree that, overall, Comben was hobbling badly. However, there was an occasion in the last quarter where he went to ground but seemed to rebound like a cheetah - completely at odds with his prior demeanour. It seems strange to me. Of all players, why would we risk Comben’s wellbeing - given his history?

Chom can grit through one more, particularly with Logue out. We have a great chance to go W W, he won’t be missing that.

Out: Stephens (Inj), Pink
In: Fisher, Maley

I’d like Maley to get his chance this week. Has been excellent at VFL level and was fantastic when moved forward on Sunday. It’s time.

Stephens injury, I’d bring in Fisher to play HBF and send Stephenson to a wing. If Fisher isn’t fit, then we probably need to reward Laz.

Maley is going to be a downgrade from pink....his stats aren't much better than sellers and look how his first few games went. unless you're dominating VFL as a KPP it's not going to translate to AFL

stephens will go back to VFL and get better stats than Lazz, so i don't really get why ppl think Lazz is going to provide much more. Lazz might provide more pressure but that'll be because he'll be second to the ball against other elite running wingers like stephens....

Chom > Dawson
Hansen > Drury (probably) or Payne as a wildcard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why risk him and George with 3 games to go in a dead end year? Give them the last 3 off and get them right for 25.

Gives us a chance to look at Will Dawson behind the ball, Colby in the middle and Hardeman cross HB.

Agree with Chom, but I’d rather get games into Wardlaw if possible.

Maley is going to be a downgrade from pink....his stats aren't much better than sellers and look how his first few games went. unless you're dominating VFL as a KPP it's not going to translate to AFL

stephens will go back to VFL and get better stats than Lazz, so i don't really get why ppl think Lazz is going to provide much more. Lazz might provide more pressure but that'll be because he'll be second to the ball against other elite running wingers like stephens....

Chom > Dawson
Hansen > Drury (probably) or Payne as a wildcard
Payne showed a bit at the weekend in the VFL. He strikes me as the type of character that will relish the challenge.

BGZ and RHJ had their Gatorade Showers last weekend, so that crosses another two off the list. RHJ can now be sent back to the VFL. See if we can add Hardeman/Harvey/Drury to that club.

Out: RHJ (omit) Stevens (inj?)
In: Harvey/Drury, Hardeman

Try eek one more out of Chom in this very winnable game then it’s time to put him away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back