T. Marshall?
Burgoyne
McKenzie
Soldo
Dixon (susp)
Ratugolea
Jones?

9 experienced AFL players missing atm.

I'd rather have a look at Scully and Anastasopoulos rather than what? Reverting to McEntee, F. Evans, Williams or even Clurey for the umpteenth time?

No, we would need more injuries on top of this already listed. Way off it those 2. I’d have all of mcentee, Evans, even clurey comfortably ahead of Tommy A and Scully.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The idea of Scully is wonderful.

The reality is that he is still a baby giraffe and he will get utterly annihilated on the rebound

He is a kid, he needs more time to grow into his body, and a lot more fitness.
Went ok in the preseason game v crows
Marked/ kicked better than lord or Dixon
I would give anasta a run too
We need some genuine speed up forward
Some players who don’t look much at sanfl level can step up to afl

If Jackson performs well over next few games, perhaps he would be an option?

I think so.

Had 3 games I reckon you'd want close to 6 weeks of solid football out of him just to see that you don't load him up too quickly and give him the best chance of staying sound?

He simply can not break down again.

I'd mark him down for the Crows game as a target.

Important game. I think Port will be up for it.

Champions League No GIF by UEFA

I give us absolutely no chance on Saturday, regardless of changes

Everytime a side matches our midfield stars we have no chance, dogs come here with an equally as good midfield group, so if they break even how the hell can the rest of the side match the dogs, we have a leaky defence with a lack of talls now and a forward line that has no system with nobody who can kick straight. It would need a stellar coaching performance and we know thats no chance.

should be a comfortable win for the dogs, which could get ugly, with hopefully a chorus of boos for kenny kleenex.

Could it finally be the end?..I hate barracking against my side, but when we lose it might as well be a massive one so the fallout is huge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effort was certainly there against St Kilda, but as Angus Monfries said that Port are playing like a team with no confidence and he is right. It was obvious in the Saints game, players fumbled ground balls, they were afraid to move around and create and kept playing safe with short passing, and so it looks like they're not working hard. Lyons' gameplan to some extent was responsible but largely it was a mental issue. Then they seize up on set shots.

Sometimes you just have to play through that and wait for the moment to come when some passages of play come together, and suddenly confidence starts to come back. And that can even just take a bit of luck to go your way. The first quarter against Geelong was the perfect example. Everything we touched turned to gold and we were running on top of the ground.

We were lucky that St Kilda were similarly debilitated to us, so we were able to eke out the win. if the Dogs get their running game going early and we fall behind early we could be completely paralysed. It really is a matter of relaxing, taking the game on and for some of the movement to come off and build confidence.

Sometimes you just have to play through that and wait for the moment to come when some passages of play come together, and suddenly confidence starts to come back. And that can even just take a bit of luck to go your way. The first quarter against Geelong was the perfect example. Everything we touched turned to gold and we were running on top of the ground.
I have always wondered if it's conditioning/nutritional. There are games that the entire team is sluggish and off from the get go. And it seems to happen to us more than anyone else. Then other games they're all fit and firing like against Geelong.

Obviously not the same level, but we've all played games where we've just had no energy from the start based on something we did prior to the game or not eating right before a game etc.

Oppo thought: there is no ruck in the league who knows English’s game like Sweet does. They trained together for half a decade, Sweet would know exactly how to exploit English’s weaknesses.
If that was the case, he should've been able to make English look poor in training and push him out of the Dogs side. More likely that Sweet is the sort of ruckman that English plays really well against.

Western Bulldogs were far from convincing against the Kangas too. And there form has fluctuated more than anyone this year. Depends what doggies we get, but i think it is definitely winnable.
They've always been a danger game for us.

I'm putting some money on Weightman to kick a bag.

Oppo thought: there is no ruck in the league who knows English’s game like Sweet does. They trained together for half a decade, Sweet would know exactly how to exploit English’s weaknesses.
You could say the inverse is also true.

I think Fin would go well against English though as a backup ruck.

If that was the case, he should've been able to make English look poor in training and push him out of the Dogs side. More likely that Sweet is the sort of ruckman that English plays really well against.

Often in training he outplayed English pretty comprehensively in the ruck. Bevo just prefers the English type who can play more around the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back