Preview Changes/Preview v GWS in Alice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was talking about he they had a plan, when asked he said you'll have to wait to find out.

Im starting to believe he didnt have a plan at all. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
batman joker GIF

One would’ve thought that the plan was to have Grundy do a lot of the follower donkey work and let Gawn virtually be the Queen on the chessboard where he could roam free and be damaging with his marking behind the ball as well as occasionally push forward to cause a bit of havoc. But turns out it was to have them both out there gumming up the ball movement. #m#Method

batman joker GIF

One would’ve thought that the plan was to have Grundy do a lot of the follower donkey work and let Gawn virtually be the Queen on the chessboard where he could roam free and be damaging with his marking behind the ball as well as occasionally push forward to cause a bit of havoc. But turns out it was to have them both out there gumming up the ball movement. #m#Method

Remember when we were taking the piss about having a forward line of 3 ruckman and 3 tall forwards in the preseason? Turns out it wasn't far off the mark.

The always right gang even when we aren't trying 🎓🎓🎓

IN: Harmes, Bowey, *Melksham (sub)
OUT: Jordon, Hibberd, Spargo (sub)

*Not my personal choice, but you know, Goody...

There would have to be more to Oliver’s injury. Not saying it goes with the rumours that went around, but utterly bizarre that he was running 2 weeks ago and was over the hammy 4 weeks ago and now has 1-2 weeks to go

Last edited:
There would have to be more to Oliver’s injury. Not saying it goes with the rumours that went around, but utterly bizarre that he was running 2 weeks ago and was over the hammy 4 weeks ago and now has 1-2 weeks to go
From an outsider's perspective, I think it's purely that he's re-aggravated the initial injury by pushing hard to return sooner than he should've.

If that's the case, it's on the fitness staff, and the club probably doesn't want to admit to the mismanagement, especially considering the song and dance that Goody and co made about not playing injured guys during the lead-up to the season.

That, and/or the hospital stay has wrecked his conditioning, which is also possible.

Been all over the media, he felt tight in the hamstring the day before the Geelong game and had to go get it re scanned. Didn't get to train properly the week he was in hospital so wasn't over it a month ago chief

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely curious why you're so precious about a rumour about one of our players taking drugs?

No judgement from me at all towards players that take drugs - as most players would at least do some lines in the off-season.

I think it's completely head in the sand to think young men with heaps of money and free time wouldn't be taking something.

Players also more likely to let loose if they're injured as they know they won't have to front up for a game. Do you think players haven't been caught/given strikes and covered for by the club in the past? Clubs would always prefer to keep this stuff in-house given the insane media scrutiny about it, sadly.

I agree that most likely it looks like Clarry re-injured the hammy trying to rush back so soon.

Genuinely curious why you're so precious about a rumour about one of our players taking drugs?

No judgement from me at all towards players that take drugs - as most players would at least do some lines in the off-season.

I think it's completely head in the sand to think young men with heaps of money and free time wouldn't be taking something.

Players also more likely to let loose if they're injured as they know they won't have to front up for a game. Do you think players haven't been caught/given strikes and covered for by the club in the past? Clubs would always prefer to keep this stuff in-house given the insane media scrutiny about it, sadly.

I agree that most likely it looks like Clarry re-injured the hammy trying to rush back so soon.
Of course players take drugs, it's the stupid rumour that we made up he was in hospital, now old mates saying a drug strike is 6 weeks when it's 4. It took a minute of research to debunk both of those.

To make up some conspiracy for big footy attention is flog behavior

I passed on a rumour that his absence from playing may be club imposed due to drug use. I didn't say the club lied about him being in hospital, you insinuated that.

If you think the footy media were whizzed up about the story because of a post I made weeks ago then lol, I don't know what to tell you.

There's clearly smoke around the story, not helped by a bizarre string of occurrences with the hammy, then the blister. Smoke or fire? who knows. Personally, I hope he's back soon as we need another match winner in the middle and the sooner he's in the team the sooner Brayshaw is out of the guts.

Any other conspiracies you want me to feed Mitch Cleary whilst we are here? Goodwin is a robot sent from the future?

I passed on a rumour that his absence from playing may be club imposed due to drug use. I didn't say the club lied about him being in hospital, you insinuated that.

If you think the footy media were whizzed up about the story because of a post I made weeks ago then lol, I don't know what to tell you.

There's clearly smoke around the story, not helped by a bizarre string of occurrences with the hammy, then the blister. Smoke or fire? who knows. Personally, I hope he's back soon as we need another match winner in the middle and the sooner he's in the team the sooner Brayshaw is out of the guts.

Any other conspiracies you want me to feed Mitch Cleary whilst we are here? Goodwin is a robot sent from the future?

You either made up or passed on a rumour that was so obviously BS. Are you 12?

This stuff reads like cooker twitter: "There's clearly smoke around the story, not helped by a bizarre string of occurrences with the hammy, then the blister. Smoke or fire? who knows"

Lol. pathetic stuff. The old, "I'm just asking questions" type operator. Absolute rubbish.

Didn't see anyone say the "story" (it was a twitter rumour posted by nuffies, the media wasn't involved at all in that part) started with you, but you're a fool for being sucked into it and an even bigger fool for then sharing it thinking it has any credence what so ever.

Your posts are shithouse. This type of mental gymnastics is embarrassing: "Well, players do drugs, you'd have to be naive to not think so, also players with lots of free time when injured do drugs, there'd also be players who have cover ups by their clubs for strikes, there's clearly smoke around this story... but obviously I'm just asking questions and he most likely hurt his hammy..." Seriously mate, WTF is that crap.

You either made up or passed on a rumour that was so obviously BS. Are you 12?

This stuff reads like cooker twitter: "There's clearly smoke around the story, not helped by a bizarre string of occurrences with the hammy, then the blister. Smoke or fire? who knows"

Lol. pathetic stuff. The old, "I'm just asking questions" type operator. Absolute rubbish.

Didn't see anyone say the "story" (it was a twitter rumour posted by nuffies, the media wasn't involved at all in that part) started with you, but you're a fool for being sucked into it and an even bigger fool for then sharing it thinking it has any credence what so ever.

Your posts are shithouse. This type of mental gymnastics is embarrassing: "Well, players do drugs, you'd have to be naive to not think so, also players with lots of free time when injured do drugs, there'd also be players who have cover ups by their clubs for strikes, there's clearly smoke around this story... but obviously I'm just asking questions and he most likely hurt his hammy..." Seriously mate, WTF is that crap.
Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

Gary Lyon reckons his issue is that Oliver thought he could run out of hamstring injury rather than leaving it all to rest and has aggregated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back