Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Interloper here, but, Garcia dropped after 23 disposals and a goal while Laitham Vandermeer playing the same position and registering 8 disposals and 0 goals retains his spot is one of the most indefensible selection decisions I've ever seen in my life, to the point I've come on an opposition's team board to complain about it. wtf.
I didn't even notice this as being ridiculous because it's just expected.
Vandermeer has some kind of dirt on Bevo

Locked into the 23 no matter what shit he turns up with each week

It's almost like he's trying to get dropped with some of the performances he gets away with

Last edited:

Interloper here, but, Garcia dropped after 23 disposals and a goal while Laitham Vandermeer playing the same position and registering 8 disposals and 0 goals retains his spot is one of the most indefensible selection decisions I've ever seen in my life, to the point I've come on an opposition's team board to complain about it. wtf.
They may be listed in similiar positions but they aren't similiar players as far as roles go. You'd play Garcia over VDM every single day of the week regardless

Garcia
No Way What GIF by AS Roma

Other players like Daniel and Vandermeer are not playing anywhere near the same role with Garcia.

He's competing with Sanders and Macrae for positions, as players that will start in the forward line and push up to the contest, and won't play any minutes on the wing, which others may. They're the two that may not get a game ahead of Garcia, so while I agree it's strange that Garcia would get dropped ahead of either, don't melt without suggesting which of those other two should have been dropped instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The optimist in me is thinking Garcia being out is for continuity purposes. I'd rather he continue to play predominately midfield regardless of the level, and with Ed coming back in I just don't think we can play all of Bont, Macrae, Treloar, Sanders, Richards, Libba and Garcia through there.

It's disappointing to see him out but if we had to omit one of our midfield rotations, then I think Garcia has to go. Macrae is a bit lucky but he's shown he can be a much better forward than Garcia.

That's as bad as ... player x dropped, probably will leave now.

Completely different situation mate.

This shows the club has a lack of faith in him.

Buku has had a fair chance this year and didn't look good at all in his last couple of games + got destroyed against Freo last time, how does that look for Buss who is playing well in the VFL and still can't get in?

The club are trying to re-sign Buss amid interest from WCE and we are not even giving him a game.

I haven't watched him at VFL level...

...but yeah. From reading the reports each week it sounds like he's not ready. ??

Just because he's young and there, doesn't mean he should be thrown to the wolves. (Wolfs?)

We do all recall the reaction to Khamis being 'beaten' in round 1, right?

Only saw last weeks game , and I’m probably in give him a game now camp,
But i have seen Buku actually dominate some VFL games , not sure Buss is ready to do that just yet.

If Garcia is not injured, that is an absolute shocker of a decision that I simply can’t comprehend the reasons for, considering some of those who kept their spot.

My patience with this club is really running thin of late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back