Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins Richards Busslinger Khamis Rypstra Baker
Outs Keath Daniel Gallagher VDM Bramble

How the F are we $1.70 fav to win this week. We are coming off an insipid loss at marvel and only get Red back. Freo coming off a bye and smashing of the dees. They should be clear favourites.
Because the bookmakers think it's our home game / ground advantage. But Marvel is the Claytons drink motto version of a home ground

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Buss in for Keath. He’s been building for a while just needing the opportunity, he now has it.

Richards in for McNeil. What we do with the mid rotation will be interesting.

Buku to play forward as another marking option. JOD back to defence (even though he did ok, still like him back and provides additional support for Buss)

Probably Daniel for sub

Buss in for Keath. He’s been building for a while just needing the opportunity, he now has it.

Richards in for McNeil. What we do with the mid rotation will be interesting.

Buku to play forward as another marking option. JOD back to defence (even though he did ok, still like him back and provides additional support for Buss)

Probably Daniel for sub
Keen to see Buss, but it’s a bad week for Keath to go down given Freo have three legitimate key forwards.

We’ll need to have JOD play well in that 2nd key back role.

Out: McNeil, Keath, Buku

In: Ed, Bus, Baker (sub)

Jod back to settle with Bus and Jones.

Play Bont at chf and let him roam up and back give the midfield to ed ads libba Garcia sanders

How the F are we $1.70 fav to win this week. We are coming off an insipid loss at marvel and only get Red back. Freo coming off a bye and smashing of the dees. They should be clear favourites.

Freo are coming off a very soft win into a bye, which is a perfect recipe to come out flat the next week. Under Beveridge the team generally performs better after a poor game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Sam Darcy dyes his hair bleach blonde and gets some shit tats could he pass for Rory Lobb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probability of any given player debuting and playing 50th against the same club = 1/17*

Probability of any given player debuting against and playing 50th against Fremantle = 1/289

In this case I don't see why it would be significant that it's Fremantle, just the 1/17 chance that he would debut and play his 50th against the same club.
It's vitally important that we clarify that, due to the fixture, the chances are not exactly 1/17 or 1/289, given the odds are skewed by the frequency that each club plays one another. This may be the reason for the * in your post.

E.g. West Coast plays Fremantle minimum twice per year (8.7% of their games - although that is also skewed by finals). We might play Fremantle as a double up every 3 years on average, so 5.8% of games, excluding the affect of finals). We likely have opponents that we double up more often against than others but don't have a club that we play twice each year like some do, I'm not sure where Fremantle stands here as a double up opponent for us.

Of course the only guarantee in our fixture each season is an away game down at Pork Barrel Park, so playing both a first game and 50th game away against Geelong is the most likely scenario for a Bulldogs player.

Thanks for listening.

It's vitally important that we clarify that, due to the fixture, the chances are not exactly 1/17 or 1/289, given the odds are skewed by the frequency that each club plays one another. This may be the reason for the * in your post.

E.g. West Coast plays Fremantle minimum twice per year (8.7% of their games - although that is also skewed by finals). We might play Fremantle as a double up every 3 years on average, so 5.8% of games, excluding the affect of finals). We likely have opponents that we double up more often against than others but don't have a club that we play twice each year like some do, I'm not sure where Fremantle stands here as a double up opponent for us.

Of course the only guarantee in our fixture each season is an away game down at Pork Barrel Park, so playing both a first game and 50th game away against Geelong is the most likely scenario for a Bulldogs player.

Thanks for listening.
How to turn off any young kid from wanting to play for us!

Thanks for listening.

Actually the * was representative of the non-zero probability that the AFL could introduce or fold some number of clubs between the time a player plays his first and 50th game.

Cody Weightman is a test to play this week.

Has that timeline shrunk massively or have I just not been paying attention?

1718085899874.png

I had a feeling Cody was going to be a test this week, hopefully he's done enough and passes all the requirements to get back in this week, huge in. Same with Ed if he can pass his tests.

Could get Harmes, Coffield and Naughton back first week after the bye but I imagine VFL for Coff and Naughty might need another week or two.

Cody Weightman is a test to play this week.

Has that timeline shrunk massively or have I just not been paying attention?

View attachment 2016969
I think last week we was 2-3 weeks and it seems like we often list an extra week in there, probably to avoid disappointment or panic if someone gets "delayed" in their return. Heard he was at full training this week so though he might be a chance to play.

The second Darcy is back we should drop Lobb and run with just two talls + Cody. He plays like a tall anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back