Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

There was mention of Buss being in a rehab group?
There’s been talk that Buss has pulled up sore after a couple of games recently and has spent the early part of the week(s) in rehab.

No idea if it has any merit though. He continues to back it up in the VFL games and play well.

There’s been talk that Buss has pulled up sore after a couple of games recently and has spent the early part of the week(s) in rehab.

No idea if it has any merit though. He continues to back it up in the VFL games and play well.

He has not been selected because it is not his time yet. He is still be thought of as this is his first year given what transpired last season.

It maybe the first time this year Buss is named as an emergency? So he is progressing slowly to a debut and should be played when he is ready to succeed and not fail.

He has not been selected because it is not his time yet. He is still be thought of as this is his first year given what transpired last season.

It maybe the first time this year Buss is named as an emergency? So he is progressing slowly to a debut and should be played when he is ready to succeed and not fail.
That’s a fair point but why wasn’t it applied to O’Donnell, Buku, Gallagher etc…

I think a lot of the praise of Buss is the fact he had a more or less forgetful first year on form (understandable without the pre-season), so the improvement from last year to this year of being a 'good' VFL player is welcome. But people are getting confused improvement on previous performances with quality of performances being ready for AFL level. I have no idea if he's ready or not, but it's easy to see how there can be confusion with "improvement in general compared to past games" and "improvement to the extent that it's an AFL-quality player".

Bevo wants the players to be flexible. Yet apparently Vandermeer plays such a difficult esoteric role that Sunny Garcia, who is pretty hot at the moment, is incapable of playing?

I think a lot of the praise of Buss is the fact he had a more or less forgetful first year on form (understandable without the pre-season), so the improvement from last year to this year of being a 'good' VFL player is welcome. But people are getting confused improvement on previous performances with quality of performances being ready for AFL level. I have no idea if he's ready or not, but it's easy to see how there can be confusion with "improvement in general compared to past games" and "improvement to the extent that it's an AFL-quality player".
This is how I see it as well.
I remember the big push for Clarke a few weeks back , and a more unready AFL player you will struggle to find.

But sometimes you need to throw them in , some blokes are more suited to the higher standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont a late out for McNeil might just about break this board in it's current state haha :straining:

Would rather Buss be in and send Khamis forward in that scenario.

But doubt we’ll do a late call up on a debut.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would like to see Bramble tried in a run with role. I would love to see how he goes tagging Serong. We know he has speed and an engine, he's tough but his skills are poor. I reckon he might be able to transform into this type of role.
Otherwise I have no idea why he has been extended.

VDM needs a big game to hold his spot vs North IMO. He has been better recently but he clearly wasn’t right last week.

Go to bed Laitham.

Better meaning not a total liability, has add some value this year. But ultimately, he is lucky we don’t have many players with elite speed in his position.

Hopefully Rypstra comes on.

VDM needs a big game to hold his spot vs North IMO. He has been better recently but he clearly wasn’t right last week.

Would be a first time for a big game. Never seen a player be ordinary for so many games. But he runs hard

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Better meaning not a total liability, has add some value this year. But ultimately, he is lucky we don’t have many players with elite speed in his position.

Hopefully Rypstra comes on.

Come at me on this one Laith:

We’re still picking a player purely because he’s “fast”. What’s the point when he’s averaging 6.3 disposals in the last 6 weeks?

And if you thought pressure was keeping him in?

Well, Libba, Bont, Garcia, Richards, Treloar, Gallagher, West, McNeil, Sanders, Macrae, Weightman, English, Harmes, Daniel, Lobb, Branble, Dale and Naughton all averaging more pressure acts.

OH.. and averaging 1.8 tackles a game.

SPARE ME

Remove this Banner Ad

Back