Preview Changes: R18 vs GWS, Saturday July 15th, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

How many unforced changes will we make?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than Nankervis, who else should have debuted this year? Number of debuts this year is a bit of a pointless stat given how many we have had in the preceding 3 seasons. I thought Nankervis might have come in for Sholl this week.

Could have easily debuted a young Key Back last week. Opted for the 6x tried and failed strategy instead.

Plenty of chances have been squandered to debut more youth.
Why arent we dropping Sloane for a kid?

If we don’t make at least 3 unforced changes I give up.
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

It has been a Crows philosophy for years that the only real way to break into our team is during the pre-season.

Beyond that it's virtually impossible to convince the coaches you deserve a spot. The best 22 established before round 1 is the best 22 all season, no matter what
The only way we seem to make changes to our best 22 is by delisting/retiring players at the end of the season.

How many games did we waste on Knight, Atkins, Douglas, Lynch, Kelly, Rowe, etc in their final season?

We knew they were cooked or not cut out for it but kept giving them valuable games.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its interesting that with our 1 debutant this season then add in Hamish’s comments about perhaps not having a pick in the draft then the cherry on top of basically not having a seconds team to choose from [as in lack of changes throughout the seaon] does the coaching panel seriously think this is our best 22??

why have we not been smart and given players opportunities?

do we intend to just have players in the SANFL who will never play a game with no hope of having a chance?

Murphy incredible.

Its interesting that with our 1 debutant this season then add in Hamish’s comments about perhaps not having a pick in the draft then the cherry on top of basically not having a seconds team to choose from [as in lack of changes throughout the seaon] does the coaching panel seriously think this is our best 22??

why have we not been smart and given players opportunities?

do we intend to just have players in the SANFL who will never play a game with no hope of having a chance?

Murphy incredible.
Don’t think it’s far off a best 22. If Berry had been performing better at SANFL level for longer than just last week then he would have played again this year, hopefully still see him at AFL level again in 2023. Nankervis or Schoenberg for Sholl seems an obvious change too, again hopefully before end of 2023. Move Sloaney to sub after this week and play Berry or Hately.

The only way we seem to make changes to our best 22 is by delisting/retiring players at the end of the season.

How many games did we waste on Knight, Atkins, Douglas, Lynch, Kelly, Rowe, etc in their final season?

We knew they were cooked or not cut out for it but kept giving them valuable games.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
How many did we waste on Mookay in his last three seasons!..

so many games wasted on players that couldve been used giving experience to youth or atleast finding out if the youth is up to it.

there is something rancid at the club.. it has been lurking around for a long time now too.

Don’t think it’s far off a best 22. If Berry had been performing better at SANFL level for longer than just last week then he would have played again this year, hopefully still see him at AFL level again in 2023. Nankervis or Schoenberg for Sholl seems an obvious change too, again hopefully before end of 2023. Move Sloaney to sub after this week and play Berry or Hately.
Ok perhaps look at it a different way;

Who are playing that we could definitely improve on;
Murphy
sloane
mchenry
scholl

Getting closer to the end;
Smith
crouch [currently not best 23]

doodee probably gone

so there’s 5 playing Saturday that we should be looking at upgrading - that’s almost 25% of the team we should by trying other guys on the list to see if they are in fact bettering the team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fxxk me..

you seriously struggle to see the point dont you..

sholl, murphy, mchenry and sloane are SH*THOUSE.. sloane is cooked and wont ever be consistently good ever again.. the other three we have seen enough of now to know they are SH*T and never will be anything other than SH*T..

why are we bothering persisting with players that are simply not up to it and never will be?.. we have all seen enough.

we might as well be playing a couple of the blokes in the seconds even if they aren't in best form.. and if they turn out to be SH*T..

then get rid of them asap too..

we seem to be in this mode of lets play these guys for year after year and hope that one day they will all of a sudden be consistently great players..

its not going to happen. They simply arent consistently great players and never will be... they are blokes that play one decent game here and there in amongst a whole heap of crap games.

i would literally rather see Berry or shoey struggle for the rest of the season than give anymore chances to sholl, mchenry or murphy.. then come the end of the year if berry and shoey cant turn it around and are still struggling..

then fxxk the whole lot of them off.. get rid of them all at the very next opportunity that we can.

the way its going murphy, sholl and mchenry will still be on our list in 5-10 years time.. playing 5 decent games a season and the club will be still backing them in and hoping “one day they’ll start playing 20 or so decent games a season..”

Soligo has talent.

Murphy is just plain s**t.
Maybe a touch harsh, he's an honest trier.

We need to move beyond these types of are to be better.

The main problem with what he does and where he plays is the opposition couldn't give a rat's about him. It's effectively gifting their defence a spare HBF.

Having McAdam as the half forward means he must be respected on the lead and in the air as they know he kicks goals and is dangerous.

Last edited:
Hi to those from the Ashes threads.

Absolutely ridiculous not to make the non-performers accountable for that choke last week. I hope there'll be tough questions asked at the pre-game press conference.

Who would you debut?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Borlase or keane (last week)
nank
newchurch
dowling
bond

pick a couple. give them a run.

Could also pick from guys who already have played an afl game..

cook
berry
shoey - who had more impact in 1 fxxkn quarter as a sub than murphy had all fxxkn game!!

they literally couldnt be any worse than what sholl, mchenry and murphy are providing currently..

and if it turns out they are just as bad then so fxxkn be it.. piss them off.. remove them from the list as soon as you can.

but at the very least lets try them ffs.. there is nothing to lose at this point.

why continue picking garbage players simply cause you think our players that might/could be better “just aren't ready yet”?..

Just imagine the level of pure stupidity that goes into selecting Sholl and Murphy this week, gifting games to Sloane despite him being the worst midfielder in the AFL, bringing in 0 midfielders to a midfield that got utterly annihilated by a mediocre at best Essendon midfield, and dropping Soligo who, despite a s**t game last week, has more talent in his left nut than 12 of the 22 selected this week.

Club is going nowhere. Making finals would be pointless. I have no preference between winning and losing this week, but we deserve to lose.
This. These are the reasons why Nicks should be shown the door.
But this is the clubs culture. It's ingrained. It's horrifying.

Who would you debut?

At some point throughout the season you could argue that the following should have been given at least a taste;
Nankervis
Newchurch
Borlase
Keane

then perhaps Cook to see if he warrants being on the list
Taylor pre injury
Hately in his preferred position

Great to see McAdam back in. He can add a point of difference. Murphy very lucky - McHenry a tad unlucky? I don't think it harms to give Soligo a break and/or a stint in the SANFL. Sloane was always going to play his 250th, but he was also very poor last week. Must win game! GWS have been alright recently.

Borlase or keane (last week)
nank
newchurch
dowling
bond

pick a couple. give them a run.

Could also pick from guys who already have played an afl game..

cook
berry
shoey - who had more impact in 1 fxxkn quarter as a sub than murphy had all fxxkn game!!

they literally couldnt be any worse than what sholl, mchenry and murphy are providing currently..

and if it turns out they are just as bad then so fxxkn be it.. piss them off.. remove them from the list as soon as you can.

but at the very least lets try them ffs.. there is nothing to lose at this point.

why continue picking garbage players simply cause you think our players that might/could be better “just aren't ready yet”?..
I agree with Nank, he must be close.

The others not yet.

Would rather Cook though, but also understand/ agree (who really knows what selectors think) that players should dominate SANFL to play AFL.

I said at the beginning of the year that we will play Sloane until we can't make finals, it's been longer than I thought but signs we are tiring are there. Number 1 being putting the older guys into the middle, including Keays and Sloane.

If we lose Saturday against then it will almost be time, but Sloane I now think will keep playing. He should really be the sub. Losing at home will call for more blood than losing away, I think we were outcoached v bombers.

My outs (permanent, some SANFL) for next year are Sloane, Keays, Smith, Murphy, Sholl, McHenry.

In Taylor, Berry, Nank, Cook, Redman, pick 10, etc.

Would like to see this change as soon as we can't make the finals, even if we tumble down the ladder as a result. While we are a chance I want us to have a crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R18 vs GWS, Saturday July 15th, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back