Changes Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a rebuild
This couldn’t be further from reality.

We’re already in the middle of a mini rebuild. The 5 we have to replace are Jones, Lobb, Treloar, Libba & Duryea. The rest of the list is young enough to contribute for the next 3-5 years at least.

I’d argue we might already have replacements for most of these guys with Busslinger, JOD, Croft & Sanders. Another midfield acquisition will be a priority and all of the sudden we can phase out those older guys in a couple of years without having to drop on the ladder.

Firstly the $1.4m is over 3 years, not per year.

Its not just the fans it is the memberships and coterie packages. Some simple back of the envelope calculations.

We have approximately 15,000 reserved seat holder members. These are for 9 games. By making them available for 11 games and increasing the cost per year by approximately $80 per member there is an additional $600,000.

The same goes for approximately 2,500 coterie members. There is an additional $150 per member (BTW this is below the current average). That is an additional $375,000.

Now we have more corporate access and corporate boxes. There is an additional $150,000.

Again these are conservative numbers based on where we stand now not what we may grow.

So I ask you is what we are getting from Ballarat worth more than the minimum $1,125,000 we could be getting from our own supporter base with zero growth. Oh and the additional 4,000 if they are non members is an additional gate for general admission of $120,000 more if they purchase premium seats.

The danger of data being used to support staying in Ballarat is it is past data, not representative of post covid growth across the board growth in crowds and memberships nor does it reflect what has actually been occurring with our club
I agree with all of this, but you need to include several millions to the back of your envelope that went towards new facilities at Whitten Oval. Without getting into bed with the State Government for the Ballarat deal, I doubt the club will have secured project funding in the millions plus adjacent land grants through the rezoning of land.

Rightly or wrongly, playing two games per year in Ballarat has built us new sheds for the boys.

Taking two games away from members (11 down to 9) and then trying to sell us an additional Ballarat memberhsip? I think the club’s dropped the ball there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back