Prediction Changes: Round 13 Vs Richmond + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ras shits all over Sturt for effort and defensive accountability- played high half forward and mid at Subiaco….
At AFL level has played exclusively as a mid and at times last year across half back….
He is definitely not slow, I don’t know where that comes from, he has looked gassed at times, due to the ground he covers…
Sturt never looks gassed because he has no accountability and doesn’t cover the ground
For me I would play Erasmus 10 out of 10 times ahead of Sturt.
I don't disagree that Ras works harder, but I do disagree that Ras is fast enough to play as a pressure forward. He's not. He doesn't have to be slow to be too slow for the position that requires the most speed on the ground.

If there is one thing Sturt is doing better whenever I have seen him this year it is closing space on defenders.

Corbett and Sturt would be like for like though? They are both 190cm.

Cripps is taller than Darling. Who would you prefer playing forward? (Other than neither because they are both campaigners).

I don't disagree that Ras works harder, but I do disagree that Ras is fast enough to play as a pressure forward. He's not. He doesn't have to be slow to be too slow for the position that requires the most speed on the ground.

If there is one thing Sturt is doing better whenever I have seen him this year it is closing space on defenders.

Cripps is taller than Darling. Who would you prefer playing forward? (Other than neither because they are both campaigners).
If we are talking defensive pressure, Erasmus is a tackling machine and to be fair most on here have not seen him play forward when he was younger, he was great rolling mid-forward …Disposal absolutely can be iffy but, I would rather him playing half forward and rotating with Fyfe mid to get him in the team.
Offers more imo….

If we are talking defensive pressure, Erasmus is a tackling machine and to be fair most on here have not seen him play forward when he was younger, he was great rolling mid-forward …Disposal absolutely can be iffy but, I would rather him playing half forward and rotating with Fyfe mid to get him in the team.
Offers more imo….
I 100% agree when he is around the ball, but that's not what role the forwards play.

Seems like two different philosophies being displayed by BF posters and selection depends on which camp u r in.

Theres the “play the next best available player and shuffle all the magnets to suit” camp. These posters want a Sturt or a Kuek or a Ras to come in to replace Darcy. They will shuffle Fyfe Treacy and the Unicorn to fit in their fave.

Then theres the “leave the magnets exactly where they are and just bring in the next best like for like”. Sort of like the stretcher bearers in the Ben Hur chariot scene. These posters want to leave everyone in their winning positions and disrupt as few as possible when a soldier goes down.

Darcy down, bring in Reidy, message to the Triple J’s: “no change to the game plan.” Keep working on your chemistry.

I think there is a strong argument to bring in Reidy on the basis of the second philosophical approach, but you could hear in what Longmuir said in the press conference that he is probably more leaning towards Jackson being the main ruck and Treacy and/or someone else coming in as the backup.

I think it was AC Sabre who said in the Jackson thread that there is a risk we burn out Jackson quickly trying to do everything and I think part of the mitigation of that is actually bringing in your backup "true" ruckman when required, as much as that is not the "sexy" option to go. To be honest, given Richmond's approach to the ruck, we should be exposing someone like Reidy to the big time, rather than waiting till things are dire (ie. both Darcy and Jackson are down) and we are then throwing a pup to the wolves.

I’d like to bring in a forward ruck if we had one. I assume that’s Kuek, but he’s probably a couple of years off still.

jackson was awesome as first ruck, so if he could ruck 60% that would be ideal. I just don’t see Treacy as a 40% ruck.

I think we’ll probably have to bring in a ruck, as much as I’d love to see ras (or Walters if fit) come in for Darcy.

I’d like to bring in a forward ruck if we had one. I assume that’s Kuek, but he’s probably a couple of years off still.

jackson was awesome as first ruck, so if he could ruck 60% that would be ideal. I just don’t see Treacy as a 40% ruck.

I think we’ll probably have to bring in a ruck, as much as I’d love to see ras (or Walters if fit) come in for Darcy.
I hope not, Treacy looks good when rucking in the WAFL and it really elevates his game when he spends time on the ball. Give Treacy first crack and let’s look at another forward to come in.

Probably won't get many opportunities this year. He will replace JOM or Fyfe when the opportunity presents itself.

I honestly think Fyfe could go back to sub and Ras comes in.

Fyfe needs to find form and had little impact. His kicking was poor and his handballs were just ok.

I still think Fyfe could have a big last half of the season but we need Ras to get games and he played well enough against Sydney to come back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ras in for O'MEARA

Seriously how the hell is he suspended. Surely this will be contested. It wasn't a sling tackle. No concussion and shoulder impact. It's a contact sport.

Saturday night prime time game.

Should be getting close to 50k for this game surely.

After winning 4 straight.

We don't have many Saturday night games left at home after the 3 out of the last 4 put on Sunday.

There was contact with the head to the ground....However I would challenge the medium impact. It was low impact....
Any head contact with potential to cause injury cannot be classified as low impact – medium impact is the minimum. Unfortunately, it’s practically impossible to argue against unless you’re a Carlton player with a Brownlow medal on the line.

I think with Darcy out, one of Kuek or Corbett come in to keep the forward structure and Treacy does the back up ruck work. Like the raw ability/athleticism Kuek could add but think they’ll go with Corbett who was good for Peel too.

No brainer with Raz back in for OMeara if the susp sticks and Brodie or Worner to the sub role.

I think with Darcy out, one of Kuek or Corbett come in to keep the forward structure and Treacy does the back up ruck work. Like the raw ability/athleticism Kuek could add but think they’ll go with Corbett who was good for Peel too.

No brainer with Raz back in for OMeara if the susp sticks and Brodie or Worner to the sub role.
In: Corbett, Walters, Erasmus (new sub)
Out: Darcy (inj), JOM (sus), Sturt (old sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 13 Vs Richmond + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back