Prediction Changes: Round 19 Vs Richmond + pre-match discussion (FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward line is pretty short which could be a good thing
Might mean we don’t just drop long bombs but try and actually move the ball forward
I reckon Tabs plays better without Lobb and vice Versa

We will see
If Logue is forward then I’m calling a win by 23 points

JL really is a stubborn coach.
Meek is in good form, Treacy is there to be picked.
Tabs better not go into the middle.
Richmond publicly and privately pressuring the umpiring department to give Nank a better run with his illegal tactics
Three Victorian umpires
They'll be double team scraggng Darcy all night long with impunity

Not me apparently I’ve got covid. Not that I’m sick at all.
Me too (since Tuesday). Both Tuesday and yesterday I was knocked on my a** with a headache, body aches, a cough and runny nose. A flu, basically.
Today I'm primed and ready to hit the town!....oh wait....I can't for another five days! lol

Richmond publicly and privately pressuring the umpiring department to give Nank a better run with his illegal tactics
Three Victorian umpires
They'll be double team scraggng Darcy all night long with impunity
Let's be honest if Darcy was being reemed weekly I'd expect the same response from JLo. Every coach does it and the biggest whinger is Chris Scott.

If Richmond go in as named their forward line talls are Riewoldt, Balta and the rucks Soldo/Nankervis. Cumberland the fairly new player who I haven't seen is listed as 183cm. Anyone know what type of player he is?

What are our match ups for them in the backline? Maybe Ryan plays on Riewoldt?

We are a team that struggles to score heavily and we are without our leading goal kicker and second ruck playering Tigers away...yikes this could be a real heartbreaker.
They are missing their leading goal kicker too and best player. They have also lost 5 games in a row at Marvel and hate going there. It all means nothing but if we can't win this one I don't give us much hope of turning it around for finals.

Frydenberg
throw up team america GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Care to elaborate how footy works? Are you taking into account that they also suck at Marvel and we actually play well there?
The "they lost to North" bit, that's not how footy works.

We've been seriously average since the Hawthorn game. Since that game we've been absolutely miles off a top 4 team. Now we're mising our best forward and needing Fyfe, who is also fairly average at this moment in time to play a big role up forward.

Realistically, Richmond should win this game at home

We've been seriously average since the Hawthorn game. Since that game we've been absolutely miles off a top 4 team. Now we're mising our best forward and needing Fyfe, who is also fairly average at this moment in time to play a big role up forward.

Yeah fair points and realistically they should win but I'd agree more if it was at the MCG. Tigers form is just as bad if not worse, they don't play Marvel well at all & have key players missing also. Lobb out hurts but it was only a fortnight ago that we played at Marvel and had a huge win on the dry fast track. I'm confident we will get it done.

"Realistically"?...thats not how footy works either.

They are missing their leading goal kicker too and best player. They have also lost 5 games in a row at Marvel and hate going there. It all means nothing but if we can't win this one I don't give us much hope of turning it around for finals.

Fair point. I guess our patchy form has made me a bit pessimistic. I feel we should be cherry ripe coming iinto the home straight to finals and a potential top 4 spot , not wondering which Freo team is going to show up each week.

Last edited:
Yep they're massive outs. We should be winning this comfortably if we're serious about locking in a top 4 spot. They lost to North Melbourne ffs! Will win by 3 goals.
We should win but it’s those games that we tend to lose somehow
That’s my only concern
Pretty short break after a flat game is also concerning

Got a feeling the boys will dig deep though
A Richmond win is a big confidence booster so it will be good lift going into the tail end of the season

No Lynch, Dusty and Rioli is helpful 👍
If Aish can keep Bolton quiet we got this 🤞

Rioli isn't really a big loss at this point of his career. The good one is still playing.

Lynch is better than Lobb, but it is a wash with the importance to each side. Dusty is a big loss, but has been a bit part player recently. Lambert is a huge loss for them, but he is kinda crippled these days so they have to live with that.

Richmond had been one of the form teams of the comp until a couple of inexplicable weeks. They actually smashed GC for most of the game and dominated the I50 count against North but couldn't kick straight. I think they are going to fire up again with their season on the line and I will be pleasantly surprised if we win this.

Rioli isn't really a big loss at this point of his career. The good one is still playing.

Lynch is better than Lobb, but it is a wash with the importance to each side. Dusty is a big loss, but has been a bit part player recently. Lambert is a huge loss for them, but he is kinda crippled these days so they have to live with that.

Richmond had been one of the form teams of the comp until a couple of inexplicable weeks. They actually smashed GC for most of the game and dominated the I50 count against North but couldn't kick straight. I think they are going to fire up again with their season on the line and I will be pleasantly surprised if we win this.
True
I’ve got a feeling they will fire up but then again so should we

Could be a ripper game

True
I’ve got a feeling they will fire up but then again so should we

Could be a ripper game
Agree we should be coming out breathing fire aswell after that second rate performance at home against the Swans. If we can win this week I think it brings our ledger back on terms as I pencilled this week as a loss a month ago when Richmond were also playing well.

Robert Walls likes this.
Logue played as the second ruck at the underage championships before he was drafted. If you watch his draft highlights he kicks two goals I'm pretty sure. That was when he was playing ruck.

In all seriousness...why the f*** are so many people confident about this one? This game is far more loseable than winnable.
I'm more confident about this than I was about Sydney. Means nothing in the scheme of things what I feel, but Richmond without Martin are far less daunting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 19 Vs Richmond + pre-match discussion (FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back