Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

JOM to mid-forward position. Kicked two goals in a short time when placed in there and out-biceped a defender to the take the marks. Could also kick the goals from distance under pressure. Hasn't really been doing a lot in the midfield either.

No, just joking, that's BB's position.
An out-biceptor is pretty good

Hopefully they bring in NOD & Johnson at least for Henry & Hughes/Banfield, but nothing will help unless we change our mindset & free up the players a bit.
This game has come at the perfect time for us, because if we can’t fire up for this one, we’ll never fire up. Line in the sand for the season.

We should really just bring NOD back. He never really lit it up at WAFL level before debuting. Idc what his form is like now he brings X factor.

I like the idea of getting Erasmus onto a half forward flank and giving him the job of getting into the grill of the opposition's best rebounding half back.

Rotate him through the middle occasionally and use him in attack to keep his opponent accountable, but let him develop the defensive side to his game as well.

I like the idea of getting Erasmus onto a half forward flank and giving him the job of getting into the grill of the opposition's best rebounding half back.

Rotate him through the middle occasionally and use him in attack to keep his opponent accountable, but let him develop the defensive side to his game as well.

I agree, i just think he of Johnson has to play.

I'd prefer Raz personally as he provides a little x-factor and has that ability to play forward more.

I personally will be disappointed if i don't see an announcement in the next day that one is playing......... I am preparing to be dissapointed.

Yes. Correct.

People getting weird about Ras's footskills need to understand that this fella has goalsense. He can and will split the big sticks. The only target I want him to care about is the ****ing scoreboard.

Get him in there high half forward, to roll through the centre occassionally bringing the speed and menace our current midfield lacks, and just hurt the scoreboard and whichever evil little mutant the Weavils dare put on him.

In: Fyfe (if fit), NOD (if fit)
Out: Banfield, Hughes.

If Fyfe and NOD don't get up one of Erasmus or Johnson should come in for Hughes. We need our 3rd in wing to be able to play HHF. I love Hughsey, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the front half of Optus.

We only get the 26 man squad today right? The interesting thing will be whether they send a clear signal that some guys are out of their thiniking altogether this week. The bold move would be a few outs and 5-6 new ins to the extended 26 - Fyfe, NOD, Sturt, MJ, Erasmus, Walker into the squad. But barring injury it's more likely no outs from the and just 3 ins to the extended squad and another 24 hours of dreading Hughes and Banfield might make the cut again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only get the 26 man squad today right? The interesting thing will be whether they send a clear signal that some guys are out of their thiniking altogether this week. The bold move would be a few outs and 5-6 new ins to the extended 26 - Fyfe, NOD, Sturt, MJ, Erasmus, Walker into the squad. But barring injury it's more likely no outs from the and just 3 ins to the extended squad and another 24 hours of dreading Hughes and Banfield might make the cut again.
Nah Banfield and Hughes to be named on the field and this place to melt is my pick.

I'll be one of them too.

stop killing my soul

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Sad Arrested Development GIF

just wonder if this will parallel the first 3 rounds of 2017 when we were spunked in the first 2 rounds as Ross continued to play the trudgers and trollops, only to inject some 'new blood'/fresh funky faces and give the Bulldogs (then reigning Prems) a smack-a-lack-ing...?!?! :think:

Hopefully it doesn't mirror that entire season though! :tearsofjoy:

Like that from Fyfe. No use re-hashing all of the problems we've had in the last 2 weeks but one of the biggest things underpinning our shitness has been a lack of confidence.

Don't mind if there aren't sweeping changes this week but a few select inclusions (NOD, Walker) would at least be a start.

Agreed, even if the plan needs to sub him out late. Which means Tabs needs to be playing all game.

I was hoping for Tabs not to be playing and for Walters to replace him. Tabs needs to prove himself first. We played better without him when Walters came on

In Walters for Tabs
NOD for Hughes
Sturt for Banfield

Sub Johnson

This won't happen because JL is too conservative.

Walker Erasmus Corbett emergency

just wonder if this will parallel the first 3 rounds of 2017 when we were spunked in the first 2 rounds as Ross continued to play the trudgers and trollops, only to inject some 'new blood'/fresh funky faces and give the Bulldogs (then reigning Prems) a smack-a-lack-ing...?!?! :think:

Hopefully it doesn't mirror that entire season though! :tearsofjoy:
No, it's going to parallel last season where we finally woke the fk up in round 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back