Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's purely based on gut-feel but his sub appearance against the Saints last season seemed to click the team into gear, both in that game (despite not getting the win) and for the next couple of months.

Probably just a coincidence...but it's pretty obvious we could use someone whose default setting is to move the ball forward rapidly.
How Noddy plays will be a good test to see if Jlo is the problem or not. If he doesn't take the game on and plays slowly than we are being cucked.

The team has looked pretty flat so far. Some youth and enthusiasm are needed so I hope NOD and Johnson come in for Banfield and Hughes.

At least if we happen to be awarded a kick from the boundary to win the game we can send NOD over.

I’m a little surprised that neither Sturt nor Corbett are named. Amiss probably needs to play as insurance for Tabs.

How Noddy plays will be a good test to see if Jlo is the problem or not. If he doesn't take the game on and plays slowly than we are being cucked.
Stretch Armstrong 90S GIF

The more experienced players havent exactly set the world on fire so not sure how you expect the less experienced to
I like the idea of getting Erasmus onto a half forward flank and giving him the job of getting into the grill of the opposition's best rebounding half back.

Rotate him through the middle occasionally and use him in attack to keep his opponent accountable, but let him develop the defensive side to his game as well.
I’m keen to give it a go
Who comes out ?
Freddy for mine

Actually think Corbett suits the style I think we need to play tbh.

He's a touch undersized as a KPF but he's a good runner and reasonably good overhead. That's what we need - wasn't enough movement on Saturday for me.

As long as his inclusion doesn't make us too tall (depends on who else we pick) I'm all for including him.
He is exactly what we are missing
Agree
Give him a go 👍

This Coach man. This ****ing coach. Put some Fwds in who know leading patterns. Amiss does and I’m happy he’s still in the squad, but he’s very raw.

Corbett or Sturt or both of them should of been named. Every team have dangerous mid size options. We have none this weekend.

2010 = 2022. Chris Scott leaves us at the end of 2010 and we were left with a Senior Coach who wasn’t up to it. Same maybe said for us going into this year.

He better hope Tabs plays the whole game and Amiss doesn’t get smashed by the fat eagle defenders tag teaming him. So much pressure on those 2.

This Coach man. This ******* coach. Put some Fwds in who know leading patterns. Amiss does and I’m happy he’s still in the squad, but he’s very raw.

Corbett or Sturt or both of them should of been named. Every team have dangerous mid size options. We have none this weekend.

2010 = 2022. Chris Scott leaves us at the end of 2010 and we were left with a Senior Coach who wasn’t up to it. Same maybe said for us going into this year.

He better hope Tabs plays the whole game and Amiss doesn’t get smashed by the fat eagle defenders tag teaming him. So much pressure on those 2.

Hopefully Walker and Nod play.

Johnson for a Sub debut I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said that? I haven't read much of that at all. I wouldn't play Treacy because he didn't play last weekend at all and took 1 mark the week before. He's not done anything at AFL level yet.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sturt and Corbett may be victims of the delayed WAFL start. Might be considered underdone.
Its definalty an issue comparing it to the VFL alinged clubs with players getting games under there belt

This Coach man. This ******* coach. Put some Fwds in who know leading patterns. Amiss does and I’m happy he’s still in the squad, but he’s very raw.

Match commitee are as weak as p##s

He is exactly what we are missing
Agree
Give him a go 👍
Saw Corbett play in the Peel V subi practice match and he did reasonably well and the biggest thing is he actually moves and plays like a forward so is definately worth a try given he leads at the ball carrier
Tabs left in the team says everything about how cautious JLO coaches, feeling like handing back my membership in frustration but then again that probably wont achieve must
How must RAS think after being taken as our first draft pick two yrs ago , gives a 100% and is playing well but cant even get a look in after two losses,my concern is will he ask for a trade to the Egirls at the end of the year

Match commitee are as weak as p##s
Saw Corbett play in the Peel V subi practice match and he did reasonably well and the biggest thing is he actually moves and plays like a forward so is definately worth a try given he leads at the ball carrier
Tabs left in the team says everything about how cautious JLO coaches, feeling like handing back my membership in frustration but then again that probably wont achieve must
How must RAS think after being taken as our first draft pick two yrs ago , gives a 100% and is playing well but cant even get a look in after two losses,my concern is will he ask for a trade to the Egirls at the end of the year

They better win. Seriously though. 17 goals in 2 weeks.

We going in with a Fwd who can’t play out a game, a skinny KPF who will be targeted and most likely not protected and robotic Banners. Freddy ain’t right yet. Shultz hasn’t shown that passion yet. Jackson doesn’t know how to lead yet.

Walters 1 Qtr is the only positive from our fwd line.

Sturt and Corbett have been lead up fwds since junior footy. Can play tall and small. Good kick for goals. They should be in the team. Erasmus should of been trained on the wing this pre season.

Jlo get your shit together. We have two top 10 mids playing at shitty wafl grounds. They both should of trained as wingers. Instead we have Henry and Hughes.

Just have nfi what this Country campaigner is doing.

Agree with most here. I also do not understand calls for Treacy to come back in. In 5 games in 2 years he has taken 10 marks and kicked 2 goals. He is good for crashing packs and a contest, that is not what we need at the moment.
Henry has been a shining light and I know will take some time to win some people over, but he is one of our most likely to hit up targets in the forward 50, and seems willing to take the game on.

Noddy needs to come in if fit, and Walker would be some extra run and carry out of the backline. Will make some clangers, but we have to back our mids to win the contest 50\50 at a minimum and give our forwards a decent chance.

We should put a player on Kelly. I think if we limit Kelly's output you are a third the way toward beating them. He was good against GWS. You back your own game, but you need to give attention to the opposition too. If Tabs is not 100% then he can go out until fit. Concerning he has been subbed out twice. Reality is we need him presenting down the ground as an option, even a decoy for that release at times.
Josh Traecy had a promising 1st year in 2021.

Played 14 or 15 goals and kicked 13 goals and 10 behinds.

He then only played 4 games and kicked 1 goal in 2022. He didn't get in that many games in 2022 because strangely we had an ok forward structure.

As I said, I want Taberner or Jackson to play full forward then rotate Amiss or Traecy at CHF.

I don't care if both play 8-12 games each and kick 10-15 goals each. Have some rotation.

If Corbett is fully fit an available, play him as a 2nd or 3rd tall.

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people on Thursday. As much as I would love to see Walker, NOD, Johnson and Sturt in, I just don't see who the obvious outs are. We need to move on from Hughes and Banners but they weren't that bad. Wilson was also pretty good who's keeping out Walker.

I do think Chapman, Brodie, Schultz and Freddy need to be help accountable for inconsistent performances, but they are so important when on song. It's a tough one.
And I saw the selections Walker, Johnson and NOD are in LoL

Josh Traecy had a promising 1st year in 2021.

Played 14 or 15 goals and kicked 13 goals and 10 behinds.

He then only played 4 games and kicked 1 goal in 2022. He didn't get in that many games in 2022 because strangely we had an ok forward structure.

As I said, I want Taberner or Jackson to play full forward then rotate Amiss or Traecy at CHF.

I don't care if both play 8-12 games each and kick 10-15 goals each. Have some rotation.

If Corbett is fully fit an available, play him as a 2nd or 3rd tall.
Tabs is done. Fin. His body isn’t up to it anymore.

Jackson is so far off knowing how to play Fwd. I would personally play him as a midfielder or on the wing..until he has proper training and gets the hang of it. Would love to get Pav down to show him the ropes.

Treacy will be a great country footballer. Not AFL.

Amiss/Fyfe/Sturt/Corbett/JOM/Shultz/Walters and Freddy. That is the right mix for our fwd line. All fairly mobile and all have goal sense. Our coach seems reluctant.

I see Switta as an impact player through the middle.

I hate to say it but Freo played better last year without Fyfe. He's barely played in years and it's costing Freo a massive slice of the cap for little reward.

Yes he's one of out greatest but he's clogging up 1.3 million a year. He was obviously worth big money for years but not anymore.

If he plays this weekend we lose a young player who should be developing.

Sturt Johnson and Erasmus aren't getting games ahead of Banfield and Hughes.

We need O'Driscoll on the wing and Walters in the 22 ahead of both Banfield and Hughes.

If Fyfe plays then there is no chance of the young guns getting a game. What's the point of a rebuild if we hand games to players who don't perform.
Well Fyfe , Walters and Mundy stood loyal in our 2016-21 rebuild.

They gave up their prime years to see Freos rebuild.

Yes crazy to say this as Mundy was 30 when we started our rebuild in 2016. But yeah I see your point

Sooo the ones named on the field are pretty much locked in? That means we have to drop four players from the interchange. My guess is our glorious selection committee will choose the bolded names.

Amiss, O’Driscoll, Hughes, Henry, Brodie, Banfield, Johnson, Walker.

An improvement but doesn't go far enough.
Nah, replace Hughes with Walker that's fine.

Banfield goes in as sub as usual.

I won't complain if Johnson is given the nod over NOD lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back