Changes Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

take out grimes and put gourdis in
take vickery out he has played ordinary put in post
and either tuck, webberly or farmer if he is not injured for connors or edwards
and conca should have a go at hf

Umm what exactly has Vickery done wrong??

Like the idea of bringing in another tall down back like Gourdis but to replace him straight up for Grimes doesn't make a lot of sense to me.. We're already light on for height down back and in any case I quite liked Grimes game.. If anything Astbury should be given the spell I'd have thought, or maybe thrown forward from time to time..

Def can't keep carrying all of White, Nahas, Edwards, King. King picks himself in my opinion but the other 3 all in the same side just doesnt work in my eyes.. Tuck would be a welcome replacement for one of them. We're physically nowhere near the pies so a Tuck would be just the tonic.. Can't see it happening though..

still maintain 3 talls back this week maybe grimes first picked astbury and big body gourdis.

forward jack one of post/miller and vickery. change of ruckman should also happen.

its called structure and flexability.

still maintain 3 talls back this week maybe grimes first picked astbury and big body gourdis.

forward jack one of post/miller and vickery. change of ruckman should also happen.

The structure is never gonna look right while we've got all these short people running around out there. Besides King, they all get brushed aside too easily and don't hit targets the way they need to. Can't fault their endeavour but that will only get you so far at the top level..

The structure is never gonna look right while we've got all these short people running around out there. Besides King, they all get brushed aside too easily and don't hit targets the way they need to. Can't fault their endeavour but that will only get you so far at the top level..

This is our list of our KPP players who are either Injured, Out of form or on suspension.

Rance
McGuane
Derickx
Moore

Rance, McGuane, Griffiths and Moore are definitely best 22 with Post not showing very good signs in the Burgers and Derickx still unproven but looks a likely type.

Our other options at the moment for FB is Gourdis or Thursfield, Gourdis doesn't warrant a selection at the moment due to his shocking form in the 2s and Thursfield most likely wont get a game all year.

Our structures have been decimated due to dumb suspensions to Rance and Mcguane and a unlucky injury to one of our best backmens in Moore.

Griffiths from what I'm hearing is fine, his shoulder is in top nick and the club is just being ultra cautious with him to not rush him back and will be slowly eased into the Burgers side and then back into Seniors.

I just hope we bring in players who deserve to be playing. Guys like Webberly, Browne, Tuck, and Nason should get first crack...

I will start to worry about Dimma if he brings guys like McDonald, Jakobi, Dea in, etc just because they are young.

Games should be earnt, not given. Not only will it create a rift in the team (favs vs non favs) but there won't be as much healthy competition for spots

Out: Grimes (Not ready), Edwards(useless), Connors(lazy), Graham(Just didn't play well enough against rubbish Hawthorn rucks)

In: Thursfield/Gourdis, Nason, Derickx/Browne, Webberly/Tuck

So how do we get these guys ready? By playing them in the twos where it's slower and has a number of blokes that aren't AFL standard? Or do we persist with someone who has serious potential, ie: Grimes, Astbury etc and only give them a spell when they need it. Sure we need to create fierce competitiveness as Collingwood have with their seconds players but we're a long way from that position.

This is our list of our KPP players who are either Injured, Out of form or on suspension.

Rance
McGuane
Derickx
Moore

Rance, McGuane, Griffiths and Moore are definitely best 22 with Post not showing very good signs in the Burgers and Derickx still unproven but looks a likely type.

Our other options at the moment for FB is Gourdis or Thursfield, Gourdis doesn't warrant a selection at the moment due to his shocking form in the 2s and Thursfield most likely wont get a game all year.

Our structures have been decimated due to dumb suspensions to Rance and Mcguane and a unlucky injury to one of our best backmens in Moore.

Griffiths from what I'm hearing is fine, his shoulder is in top nick and the club is just being ultra cautious with him to not rush him back and will be slowly eased into the Burgers side and then back into Seniors.

pppffffttttt.
gourdis has done well defensively at coburg from what i can gather footskills are still very poor. yet we could play both rance and mcguane who are terrible in this area.
we dont play thursfield because we dont get anything other than a spoil out of him yet we can play astbury who had how many possesions so far this season. you could almost cont em on one hand.

we cant play miller or post when we are clearly a tall forward short. nope we cant play any of these but we can play ineffectual smalls like edwards who does nothing for our structure and prctically nothing on the field.

whats better an out of form post or wayward gourdis who at least give us decent structure and means opposition has to send a tall player to them or gives us the ability to play a tall on a tall or one of the runts who are just as badly out of form who give us nothing.

first and foremost get the structure right.you might at least then have some sort of chance of implementing a decent game plan.

So how do we get these guys ready? By playing them in the twos where it's slower and has a number of blokes that aren't AFL standard? Or do we persist with someone who has serious potential, ie: Grimes, Astbury etc and only give them a spell when they need it. Sure we need to create fierce competitiveness as Collingwood have with their seconds players but we're a long way from that position.

A warning Maceman.... this sort of sensible reasoning and planning for anything further than the next game is not always welcome in here ;)

Rance
McGuane
Derickx
Moore

You really are clueless my friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are clueless my friend

What is so wrong about the post?

Our only other options at the moment are Gourids, Post and Miller and 2 of those at the moment aren't even playing good enough footy in the VFL let alone to come straight into an AFL side.

Sure we need to create fierce competitiveness as Collingwood have with their seconds players but we're a long way from that position.

I understand we are a long way from where they are at, but it was interesting listening to Malthouse on the weekend and he said, word for word “No Collingwood player will play more than 14 games in the reserves” I wonder what he meant by that, and how does it apply to development and games in the seniors.

pppffffttttt.
gourdis has done well defensively at coburg from what i can gather footskills are still very poor. yet we could play both rance and mcguane who are terrible in this area.
we dont play thursfield because we dont get anything other than a spoil out of him yet we can play astbury who had how many possesions so far this season. you could almost cont em on one hand.

we cant play miller or post when we are clearly a tall forward short. nope we cant play any of these but we can play ineffectual smalls like edwards who does nothing for our structure and prctically nothing on the field.

whats better an out of form post or wayward gourdis who at least give us decent structure and means opposition has to send a tall player to them or gives us the ability to play a tall on a tall or one of the runts who are just as badly out of form who give us nothing.

first and foremost get the structure right.you might at least then have some sort of chance of implementing a decent game plan.

So let me get this right, you bang on about the club rewarding mediocrity but you want to play Gourdis and Post, 2 players who's form in the VFL has been mediocre at best?

Did you even check who was in the best for Coburg last week??

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/110726/default.aspx

Best Players: J. Webberley, D. Grimes, M. Tanner, S. Tuck, B. Nason, N. Carnell

You really are confusing me these days SC.

So let me get this right, you bang on about the club rewarding mediocrity but you want to play Gourdis and Post, 2 players who's form in the VFL has been mediocre at best?

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/110726/default.aspx

lol you know as well as i circumstances dictate what you do. as your good self so graciously said the options for talls is limited due to injury atm.

this means to me anyway we are forced to play some who are out of form for the sake of good structure and size.
make no mistake without structure and adequate size you cant even compete.

and as has been said a few times now gourdis defensively has not been bad he has failed to get a game because of footskills yet we are prepared to play others just as bad in this area who also negate okay.

who would you rather have stand a 95-100kg 195cm plus power forward and ask him to just nullify his opponent gourdis or someone like deledio or grimes.
i know lets continue to ask jack to cope with two tall defenders constantly.

as stated without good structure and size and these two things are the foundations on which all else is built you cannot even begin to look at implementing any sort of game plan or system because simply put you cant even compete.

I think this week should be the week of whole sale changes. It will be amassive juggling act as even though I'd like Batchelor , Conca , Hellbig , Grimes and Astbury to get the experience of playing on the g against the Pies they will all have to be monitored as to burn out.

I think Astbury should keep his spot hands down and should be given the job on Cloke.

I'd prefer to see Thurstfield play on Dawes rather than Grimes as he will spoil a lot more than Grimes will get his hands on the footy because of body size and experience. I don't believe we can just send out the backline we did last week and hope for a ten goal loss. It will be more like 100 if we do that.

I believe if fit and not totally all run down Batchelor , Conca and Hellbig should keep their spots but I would make Conca or Hellbig the sub if they are knocking up but if not I'd make Dea the sub. Batchelor is travelling along fine and is getting more composed every week. He also gives us options with Lids.

Tuck , Nason , Webberly , Dea have to be very close to getting a game. Throw in Thirsty and that would make 5 and then Miller as well because we need a centre half forward and that would make 6 changes.

These guys are in the firing line after the last 3 games.

Grimes - Thurstfield : There is learning and there is slaughter
Nahas - Nason : I thought Nahas was our best last week but he simply had to be considering the conditions. We can't have him running around like a chook with his head chopped off this week. He's been given some great experience and now it is time for him to head for coburg and learn some composure.
Edwards - Webberly : Edwards has been nothing but poor for 3 rounds. He needs to go back to Coburg and find some touch. I do believe he is part of our long term future but he should only survive if the coaching staff decided that our 3 draftees need a rest but we can't gift games for that type of form.
Connors - Dea : Connors needs to be dropped for lack of accountability and for not hitting a target in 3 weeks.
Houli - Tuck : Watching the weekends games I swear Richard Tambling had grown a beard and changed numbers on his jumper. All this talk of elite kick. I've seen him hit 5 targets in 3 weeks. I believe he will be a great pick up in time but surely Tuck will ad more than him. Maybe we can trade him to Adelaide next year for picks 27 and 50.
Morton - Miller : I'd like to see Morton keep his spot and be played further up the ground but not this week , save that for the roos game after a week dominating for Coburg in the guts. It's Miller time this weekend and he needs to be played at CHF with Jack right next to him on the flank. I'd love to see Harry Obrien run it out of the back line only to know that he is leaving Jack reiwoldt un marked.

Don't worry we will still lose by 50 points with this side below but it will at least bring us into the game at times if we can slow it down aka Sydney Swans and most importantly if Vickery , Miller and Reiwoldt can take some marks and kick straight for goal and take their opportunities. All players should be instructed to take all set shots in side 50 and take their time kicking it so the rest of the team can man up in case they miss. It is time to be accountable.

BP: Newman FB : Astbury : BP : Batchelor
HB : Grigg CHB : Thursty HB : Deledio
W : Conca C: Martin W: Webberly
HF: Rewoldt CHF : Miller HF : King
FP : Cotchin FF : Vickery FP : Hellbig

Ruck : Graham R/Rover : Jackson Rover : Foley

Bench : Tuck , Nason , White
Sub : Dea

why dont you watch the coburg game stupid and and decide for yourself

I think this week should be the week of whole sale changes. It will be amassive juggling act as even though I'd like Batchelor , Conca , Hellbig , Grimes and Astbury to get the experience of playing on the g against the Pies they will all have to be monitored as to burn out.

I think Astbury should keep his spot hands down and should be given the job on Cloke.

I'd prefer to see Thurstfield play on Dawes rather than Grimes as he will spoil a lot more than Grimes will get his hands on because of body size and experience. I don't believe we can just send out the backline we did last week and hope for a ten goal loss. It will be more like 100 if we do that.

I believe if fit and not totally all run down Batchelor , Conca and Hellbig should keep their spots but I would make Conca or Hellbig the sub. Batchelor is travelling along fine and is getting more composed every week. He also gives us option with Lids.

Tuck , Nason , Webberly , Dea have to be very close to getting a game. Chuck in Thirsty and that would make 5 and then Miller as well because we need a centre half forward and that would make 6 changes.

These guys are in the firing line after the last 3 games.
which quarter do you think Astbury will rack up his possession this week

lol you know as well as i circumstances dictate what you do. as your good self so graciously said the options for talls is limited due to injury atm.

this means to me anyway we are forced to play some who are out of form for the sake of good structure and size.
make no mistake without structure and adequate size you cant even compete.

and as has been said a few times now gourdis defensively has not been bad he has failed to get a game because of footskills yet we are prepared to play others just as bad in this area who also negate okay.

who would you rather have stand a 95-100kg 195cm plus power forward and ask him to just nullify his opponent gourdis or someone like deledio or grimes.
i know lets continue to ask jack to cope with two tall defenders constantly.

as stated without good structure and size and these two things are the foundations on which all else is built you cannot even begin to look at implementing any sort of game plan or system because simply put you cant even compete.

When I was playing our senior coach would refuse to pick players who weren't in form regardless of whether the situation warranted them being picked or not. It sent a message to everyone on the list that if you want to play at the highest level you have to earn the game. Now granted I was nowhere near playing at AFL level but the message was very effective as it meant that everyone had to bust their ass to ensure that they were playing at their peak every week.

Ever thought that perhaps Hardwick is using the current situation where our talls are undermanned to send a similar message to squad to say that the only way you're going to get games at senior level is to earn them, rather than just have them handed out because circumstances dictate that we need to select someone whose form is quite up to scratch.

Sure it might hurt in the short term but in the long run we'll be better off as the players would have worked hard to not only get their spot in the 22 but will also have to continue to work hard to maintain that spot.

When I was playing our senior coach would refuse to pick players who weren't in form regardless of whether the situation warranted them being picked or not. It sent a message to everyone on the list that if you want to play at the highest level you have to earn the game. Now granted I was nowhere near playing at AFL level but the message was very effective as it meant that everyone had to bust their ass to ensure that they were playing at their peak every week.

Ever thought that perhaps Hardwick is using the current situation where our talls are undermanned to send a similar message to squad to say that the only way you're going to get games at senior level is to earn them, rather than just have them handed out because circumstances dictate that we need to select someone whose form is quite up to scratch.

Sure it might hurt in the short term but in the long run we'll be better off as the players would have worked hard to not only get their spot in the 22 but will also have to continue to work hard to maintain that spot.

cmon its two bob each way around here. if we are not to play players in form all of the following should be dropped. deledio, newman, connors edwards foley houli morton conca king graham helbig batchelor astbury riewoildt.and i probably missed a few.
as far as im concerned far better to try something new.
seems its okay to reward mediocrity in the seniors but because of needs we cant try and adress the basics like structure. yep some really want their cake and eat it too.
we had 5 yrs of exactly this sort of thing under wallace.
oh thats right new coach he can do no wrong and we dont need to learn from the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back