Preview Changes v Carlton (Sun 21/7, 4:40pm Twilight, Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday game so extended bench named, but with Curtis Taylor and Kal Dawson omitted, and Zac Fisher named on the ground, suspect the final ins/outs will likely be;

OUT: Taylor, Dawson, Shiels
IN: Fisher, Logue, Phillips

Dylan Stephens to be the sub.

EMG: RHJ, Jaidyn Stephenson, Shiels

I can't see RHJ getting a game unless one of Paul Curtis or Eddie Ford are dropped... and I can't see either of them getting dropped this week.

Dawson and Taylor had absolute mares so you can see the reasoning there.

Fisher is a certainty so one more in is needed.

Given McKay and Curnow have torn us new ones every time we play them it is likely that Logue comes in - even if seemingly underdone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps:

Robert O'Gorman (10), Ray Chamberlain (18), Andrew Adair (36), Nicholas McGinness (42)
Just. ****ing. Brilliant.

O Gorman is massive dorkus, Ray is ray and the others are trainees primed to be influenced by screaming Carlton fans.

Joy.

Great to see Logue back to take on the Blews. And Fisher as well.
Feel for Dawson who has groin concerns and is being managed.

So interchange as listed I'd go.

Def Logue fyi and interesting Comben trained fwd today, oh boy, love your work al.

[2] Jaidyn Stephenson,[14] Liam Shiels,[15] Dylan Stephens,[19] Griffin Logue,[24] Tom Powell,[29] Will Phillips,[32] Toby Pink,[46] Robert Hansen Jr
emergence - Stephens

Maybe we could just delist Eddie Ford???

Ha.

I appreciate a good 'gotcha' attempt but your arrow is misguided here.

Back in April when I did my first round of potential delistings and had Eddie Ford on the out, I acknowledged then that it was a very tough call, he might end up staying, and I liked him;

I like Fordy, I do. And maybe we'll keep him. But we need to acknowledge some tough decisions are going to be made at the end of this season.

Then a few weeks ago I did another updated list and this time included Ford, and someone else asked why I included Ford now as opposed to back in April;

In a previous similar post yeah, I had Ford on the outs. It was based on his struggle to solidfy himself in our best 22 at the time, either not being selected, or being the sub, etc. And it came with acknowledgement that it was a really tough call.

Now he's really solidified himself so I've updated it.

Would you prefer I never update my opinion, like some around here? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back