Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Collingwood’s biggest ever def??? Think is was preliminary final v Essendon in 1984. Think a great Collingwood record might be broken.

I have no faith in this club anymore. Unfortunately the blame goes to Eddie for Keeping a coach who is the worst Collingwood coach in history...yes even worse then tony Shaw.

I never ever want to see an ex Collingwood player coach Collingwood ever again it just does not work.

The only way I have faith in Eddie is sack bucks in the next month but Eddie will refuse to do this and we will be a basket case for the next 5 years.

Ed and the board must bite the bullet and sack Nathan especially if we lose the next 4 games. Obviously big losing margins will help our cause. If nothing happens re bucks then we as fans must stop going to games and next year do not by memberships that is our only way to say we are not happy. Worst case is the AFL will step in and say that they need a strong Collingwood to get the blockbuster crowds back.

#nofaithincollingwood

Our basic skills are below afl standard, dropped marks without pressure and missing targets without pressure cannot be justified at this level..
If this is not get rectified then not even Clarkson would be able to get results with this group.

Wake up pies otherwise you guys will be playing in empty stadiums.

Empty stadiums is what we need really get now for change. I know people always say Collingwood are always loyal and even when things go bad Collingwood will get 25-30,000 if their own fans at home games. Maybe getting under 20,000 will wake the board up

Awful reviews - did you watch the game?

Reid, was not solid. Pendlebury, was not classy. Grundy, was not solid. Treloar, did not work hard.

**** me.
The bit where he lauded Smith and Aish after bagging J Thomas out the line above made me laugh hardest.

I think if you assume Wells and Fasolo are ready, we ALMOST look like an AFL-standard team if you reshuffle the line-up so that players are playing in the correct positions.

B Jack Crisp, Lynden Dunn, Brayden Maynard
HB Sam Murray, Ben Reid, Jeremy Howe
C Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Daniel Wells
HF Alex Fasolo, Ben Crocker, Will Hoskin-Elliott
F Jaidyn Stephenson, Darcy Moore, Travis Varcoe
FOL Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams
I/C Tom Phillips, James Aish, Mason Cox, maybe that Nathan Murphy kid?

I think only Fasolo will come in and Smith out.

Adams playing full forward just about did it for me. I was so annoyed at half time and then Adams came out of the break and went to full forward I honestly thought Buckley was trolling me.
Adams is possibly our most important player.

Fasolo in... Adams back in the centre.
He has already said cox gets another go so that's the only change I feel.

What is Collingwood’s biggest ever def??? Think is was preliminary final v Essendon in 1984. Think a great Collingwood record might be broken.

I have no faith in this club anymore. Unfortunately the blame goes to Eddie for Keeping a coach who is the worst Collingwood coach in history...yes even worse then tony Shaw.

I never ever want to see an ex Collingwood player coach Collingwood ever again it just does not work.

The only way I have faith in Eddie is sack bucks in the next month but Eddie will refuse to do this and we will be a basket case for the next 5 years.

Ed and the board must bite the bullet and sack Nathan especially if we lose the next 4 games. Obviously big losing margins will help our cause. If nothing happens re bucks then we as fans must stop going to games and next year do not by memberships that is our only way to say we are not happy. Worst case is the AFL will step in and say that they need a strong Collingwood to get the blockbuster crowds back.

#nofaithincollingwood
If Ed and his board sack Nathan
The we get left with just Ed and his board..

What next.
An internal review into board member drinking their own bath water.

Even Clarkson last year when the Hawks were 0-4 or whatever it was decided that he had to change things.
Be it game plan or personnel he did just that.
He started the transition and now some of those players he played last year have held their own in their best side.

How are we not investing games into McLarty, Brown, Daicos, Sier, Kirby, Scharenberg etc.

Why do we persist with players that cannot improve us?
Cox shouldn't be getting any games over McLarty. Not for the now not for the future.

Why do we persist with Phillips, Crisp, Varcoe etc as if they're mainstayers and walk up starts?
We need accountability for poor performance.

Why doesn't Scharenberg just be told, "son, you're a top 6 pick, we are playing you every game this year you're declared fit to play. We will invest 22 games in you this year, irrespective of results, we need to find out if your body can hold up and if you can play".

The only changes Nathan will make will be experienced ones.
He will bring in Greenwood in a heartbeat instead of one of these kids.
He will play Blair instead of these kids.
He even opted to play Smith ahead of these kids.

We are a complete and utter joke with no direction.

I dont want to be a Bucks basher, but as a member l am completely lost as to the direction this team is taking. On Saturday night after all the preseason talk of Moore becoming a CHB and playing there all year, he found himself back forward when the option of winning the game was virtually gone. It was like last years talk of the Grundy/ Cox pairing, that lasted one round. It seems the team structure or what is expected from the side is very confusing and convoluted, no player is probably really sure where or what their role is within the team.
It seems to me Bucks wont play the young guys either because he believes they are not ready or he cannot rely on them to win games, and he needs wins to hold his position or he has no faith in the player development structure at the club. To me it seems the ship is completely rudderless and Bucks is holding on trying to aimlessly steer it out of trouble with suggestions and ideas thrown up to just plug holes here and there. Most of the thoughts and ideas suggested have unfortunately been horrific, l look at Witts playing great footy at Suns we trade out and yet we take on Cox, Stewart a key forward playing very well at Essendon we said no to him, Kelly a terrific defender/stopper for Adelaide we said no to him, Seedsman a quick running defender who breaks the lines we traded etc etc. These decisions have been horrible, and to me these are just blatant poor decisions made by people who have been blinded by what they think they need to do in order to achieve success their way. Unfortunately their way has affected this whole teams ability to play good footy with some decent talent around them.

If Ed and his board sack Nathan
The we get left with just Ed and his board..

What next.
An internal review into board member drinking their own bath water.
We should never have gotten rid of Pert. It's been all downhill since. When can we get our master list manager and trader Gubby back to sort out this mess Ed?
Also, I think we might need a review of the last review to find out where that all went wrong.
E sports team anyone?

The only thing I like is if we win this we have the season back on track.
Simply a massive chance at redemption

Pies winning seems unlikely yes but we have pulled out some great games. Let's hope the team bounds together during the week.

Get back to what we are good at. Playing some grunt football. We can't kick for shit so don't try these impossible kicks.

Out - Cox suspended, smith omitted, Crocker injured
In- fasolo, brown, scharenberg

Maynard - Dunn - murray
Howe - Reid - crisp
Sharenberg - treloar - Phillips
Sidebottom - fasolo - Varcoe
Hoskin - moore - Stephenson
Grundy - pendles - adams

Aish - brown - Thomas - langdon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got the pace and tackling to mark Cyril. It's a role he should have training for in the pre season and settled in becuase he'd look much better if he wasn't swapped around all the time.

Ye fair enough. Definitely has the attributes for it.

I personally do not think he does enough to be in the team. Yes, he hits hard and is a pretty smooth disposer when he occasionally gets it, but he is a passenger for the majority of most games.

Taylor Adams is another. He needs to go. He’s a little spud with no skills.

It's too late. The problem has to be the recruiting decisions. Where are our players with skill? Elite kicking. Where is it? It's been the blueprint for Hawthorn for 10 years! We got Wells, and that's it. Where are the other recruits? Sharenberg, whose knees have ruined him and he isn't getting a game, Broomhead who doesn't get enough of it, Aish, same as Broomhead and then we've got Pendlebury who is in decline, alas.

Out: Cox (Sus), Crocker (Inj - shame), Smith (inj), Langdon (Sucks)
In: Fasolo, Brown, Scharenberg, McLarty

FB: Maynard - Dunn - Murray
HB: Howe - Moore - Crisp
C: Stephenson - Treloar - Phillips
HF: Sidebottom - WHE - Varcoe
FF: Fasolo - Reid - Brown
Foll: Grundy - Pendles - Adams

Int: Aish - Scharenberg - Thomas - McLarty

Despite all logic, Nafan is unlikely to move Moore forward. However, with any luck we could see him use young Darcy as more of a swingman with Cox out of the side. Darcy is likely to pinch hit in the Ruck next week, so McLarty is a logical in to cover needs down back and could also be used in a loose role when the Giants inevitably coming charging at us.

I'd like us to orchestrate Maynard on ball a lot more next week and give us a little more dash around the contest and hopefully the directive to Stephenson is just to take the game on. Couldn't care if he gets caught holding the ball a few times, just let the kid try and break the lines and get the ball moving.

I also would like Bucks to try and get WHE one out against an opponent inside 50. Think the kid can be a difference maker but really needs to be backed in.

Langdon, Dunn, Howe
Murray, Reid, Pendlebury.
Josh thomas, Adams, Sidebottom
WHE, Moore, Stephenson
Fasolo, Mclarty, Crocker

Grundy, Maynard, Treloar
Int: Aish, Varcoe, Brown, Crisp

Out: Cox,Smith, Thomas
In: Mclarty, Brown, Fasolo.

I don’t get what’s so difficult about footy.
We need agility in the forward line, and we are not gonna get it from Cox and barely from Reid.

Personally, I would play Moore and Mclarty in the forward line. Reid in defence has the intercepting defender. Dunn has the shutdown defender. Varcoe needs to be in defence. We need speed from defence.

Pendlebury has lost his evasiveness. He’s slow and gets caught with the ball. He needs to play the Luke Hodge role. I no longer see him as a fulltime midfielder. He needs time and space to have effective kicks. Hopefully his kicks will be able to get us out of defence more often than blokes like Adams.

I don’t see Cox playing this week. He will, and rightly so, get suspended. He’s lucky he didn’t break a jaw.

I would be rotating Crisp through defence.
Sidebottom and WHE through the wing and forwards as they’re the creative players we have.

If Phillips doesn’t play on the wing, he doesn’t play. He isn’t good enough to be a forward. Period. His endurance is the only thing keeping him in the team. I don’t see him as best 22 by the end of the year.

I’ve honestly given up with entering into the forward 50 with precision. We obviously don’t posses the skills to do so. It’s not like bucks went out and got a kicking coach(ala Clarkson). I don’t expect our skill set to get better. So we just need to create a competive forward line. That’s all. We can’t have bad entries into the forward 50 with people who can’t mark and tackle.

The only bad thing about this team (IMO) is there’s no “future” for our KPD stocks as Reid and Dunn are close to retirement.

I think we just play Moore and Mclarty forward for the rest of the year. If Lynch comes, we move Mclarty down back. IF WE ARE ANY GOOD, we chase a KPD from another team. If we are crap, we draft a KPD. Will Kelly helps.

Last edited:
Phillips, Thomas, Mayne, Blair, Langdon and Smith should never play again.

Daicos, Brown, McClarty, Sier, Murphy, Kirby and Shaz may all be a bit underdone and not 100% ready but they aren’t going to be much worse. All going well they’ll end up being better. We know what dud, fumbling performances we’ll get from the above, let’s see if the next generation will be better.

B= Murray, Dunn, Varcoe
He= Langdon, Reid, Howe
C= W.H.E, Adams, Stephenson
Hf= fasolo, Moore, Sidebottom
For= Wells, Mclarty, Brown
Foll= Grundy, Pendlebury, treloar
In= crisp, maynard, Thomas, sier

If Bucks brings in Mayne & Blair then I’m finally 100% convinced that he has no ****en clue about coaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed he was trying to get fired last year when he kept picking Blair.

The odd thing is over the past couple seasons whenever we have embarrassed ourselves the following week we actually fire up and have a win or a 1 goal loss to a good team.

If Crocker is out, then i think Blair comes in. Will be fun to watch on BF when announced.

After yesterday I am truly afraid as to what Toby Greene will do to us.

I'd hope that Fasolo will come in, whether Crocker goes out or not, but Blair would have to be a possibility in any case. It does make for some BF fun, which is always a key driver behind such decisions, but right now we have to confront that fact that at least 6 of last week's 22 haven't gone past Blair at all. If players like Phillips and Aish are the future, then I'd prefer to dwell in the past a little while longer thanks very much.

I agree on Greene, a fantastic player. Our defence was under enormous pressure on Saturday but still did (sort of) okay, and I reckon we can minimise the harm of Patton and Cameron, but Greene can be a one-man riot if it gets down there often enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back