Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will finish higher on the ladder
I'd like to see that, their list on talent alone is ahead of ours, they more quality youth coming through, a coach whom has footy smarts and a game plan that should catapult his club into contention in the next 1-2 years, and by years end they will be a lot better than us.

Yes but one player is not enough, must trade for more high picks.

Unless we trade players like:

• Grundy
  • Moore
  • Treloar
  • Pendles
  • Steele
  • WHE
We struggle to get a 1st Rounder For

“Buckley said both Chris Mayne and Alex Fasolo played strongly in the VFL this weekend, with Jarryd Blair also strong in the midfield.“

All good people. Blair and Mayne to the rescue!

Thats not going to fill anyone with any confidence going forward. The only people who will feel comfortable with those selections will be GWS.
Play the kids, give this year as development to Brown, Daicos, McClarty, Kirby, Sier, Murphy etc and keep playing Murray and Stephenson. If we finish bottom two so be it, the rewards will be received later. Plus Jack Lukosius is there for the taking!

Thats not going to fill anyone with any confidence going forward. The only people who will feel comfortable with those selections will be GWS.
Play the kids, give this year as development to Brown, Daicos, McClarty, Kirby, Sier, Murphy etc and keep playing Murray and Stephenson. If we finish bottom two so be it, the rewards will be received later. Plus Jack Lukosius is there for the taking!

Agree Play the Kids and Not play the Players that have no Long Term Careers and are just Fringe Players

Adams would be close to being dropped he had an awful game.

Mihocek comes in. Id consider debuting mclarty in the coming weeks also.. Cox out indefinitely until he can learn to mark.the ball.

Adams is an on-baller, so why he spent large portions of the game at full forward I've got no f**King idea.

Did Phillips play did he? Aish is one of the worst footballers I've seen in a Collingwood jumper and Smith - gee's he is just sh*t full stop.

I'd rather see Callum Brown, Kirby, McLarty, Tyler Brown, Nathan Murphy play the whole year, at least that would keep me interested in attending every week. It's the same old crap week in week out.

Sometimes you just have to take the risk on a fresh face.

Clarkson was unproven once as well.

Its not just a coaching issue dead set the list needs a mini rebuild as well, so many holes to fill in it.

The record of first time coaches is very very poor - we can’t take that risk.
This place would blow up.
I suspect R.Lyon maybe the only gettable experienced coach by years end if Freo fail. But Rattan would be my choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect R.Lyon maybe the only gettable experienced coach by years end if Freo fail. But Rattan would be my choice.

What about Dale Tapping as a senior coach? He is getting rave reviews in Brisbane.

No. Whats the achieving? They had a bad game. Jesus, this board is pathetic after losses, it's like the end of the world.
getting rid of shit kicks that aren't gonna take us anywhere while being able to draft high quality players?
If you wanna call missing finals for 7 straight years while having one of the oldest lists in the AFL end of the world then sure I'll go with that

First off Ross Lyon? Yuck, just yuck.

Second of all an unproven coach is better than a proven shit one.

Even Clarkson last year when the Hawks were 0-4 or whatever it was decided that he had to change things.
Be it game plan or personnel he did just that.
He started the transition and now some of those players he played last year have held their own in their best side.

How are we not investing games into McLarty, Brown, Daicos, Sier, Kirby, Scharenberg etc.

Why do we persist with players that cannot improve us?
Cox shouldn't be getting any games over McLarty. Not for the now not for the future.

Why do we persist with Phillips, Crisp, Varcoe etc as if they're mainstayers and walk up starts?
We need accountability for poor performance.

Why doesn't Scharenberg just be told, "son, you're a top 6 pick, we are playing you every game this year you're declared fit to play. We will invest 22 games in you this year, irrespective of results, we need to find out if your body can hold up and if you can play".

The only changes Nathan will make will be experienced ones.
He will bring in Greenwood in a heartbeat instead of one of these kids.
He will play Blair instead of these kids.
He even opted to play Smith ahead of these kids.

We are a complete and utter joke with no direction.

Our basic skills are below afl standard, dropped marks without pressure and missing targets without pressure cannot be justified at this level..
If this is not get rectified then not even Clarkson would be able to get results with this group.

Wake up pies otherwise you guys will be playing in empty stadiums.

Our basic skills are below afl standard, dropped marks without pressure and missing targets without pressure cannot be justified at this level..
If this is not get rectified then not even Clarkson would be able to get results with this group.

Wake up pies otherwise you guys will playing in empty stadiums.

Clarkson would get the results and improvement out of this group because he would cut those types loose- not continue to play them.
It's sad that our supporters and the general public can see all these deficiencies but experienced coaches are oblivious to what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back