Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one gets me. Carlton are ordinary but you can see their progress. Same with Brisbane. Collingwood feels like we are in no mans land

Exactly right.
This is our sad reality now..
Week in, week out..

We're in a political game now, where Ed won't admit failure to his succession plan and implicate himself in bringing the Club to it's knees.

It's crazy to think he's standing there watching this, and not thinking the same as we are.

It's sad because I almost want to go 0-6, so the Club is forced to take action.

Exactly right.

We're in a political game now, where Ed won't admit failure to his succession plan and implicate himself in bringing the Club to it's knees.

It's crazy to think he's standing there watching this, and not thinking the same as we are.

It's sad because I almost want to go 0-6, so the Club is forced to take action.

You only need to see his face when the camera focuses on him during games last year and on the weekend against Hawthorn.

You can see the penny dropping.

Whether he has the balls to make the call or we'll be digging 2 graves by Round 11 if we continue to dish up that shit we did round 1.

The dropped marks are the talking point, but the really big issue was the amount of occasions where he just ran under or was worked under the ball and thus was completely uncompetitive.
Interestingly, Reid and Darcy found themselves running under the ball frequently too.

My other concern with Reid is that he is jumping off two feet and not launching at the footy.

We got bullied around the middle against the Hawks- needed a bigger body in there to get amongst it and throw their weight around. Problem this week is if our lack of speed through the middle.

Hopefully we can pull one out of the hat on the weekend

You only need to see his face when the camera focuses on him during games last year and on the weekend against Hawthorn.

You can see the penny dropping.

Whether he has the balls to make the call or we'll be digging 2 graves by Round 11 if we continue to dish up that shit we did round 1.

This look comes across his face every time we play badly (which has been happening more often that not for quite some time now), yet nothing changes.

There will be no graves dug by Round 11, or by anytime for that matter. We're stuck with both of them and when we limp into the bye at 4-8, we will set ourselves up for yet another inspiring SIDE BY SIDE charge down the home straight towards 10th/11th and a contract extension for The Great One based on not being statistically as shit as last year...

Interestingly, Reid and Darcy found themselves running under the ball frequently too.

My other concern with Reid is that he is jumping off two feet and not launching at the footy.
Yeah. After looking great for the first ten minutes, Reid was a big concern. Just wants to have the ball kicked to him as a stationary target, but then can't mark when the inevitable body contact comes. Needs to get on his bike and present at the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO there is a difference between physical and athletic.

Lower level sport is more physical and more is let go given the less media and officiating scrutiny. Happens in soccer too. If you play in the metropolitan league you are more likely to play against an angry blow in from the uk and cop a broken leg than playing against ball players ie South Melbourne or Melbourne Knights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely Sidebottom plays forward this week?
Would love to see him line up in the forward 50.

Seems as though Blair and Mayne will come in for Cox and Smith after reading that article.

No Fasolo is strange.. definitely needed up forward.

Personally would also be happy to take Phillips out and bring in Brown. Really not a fan of Phillips.

Back 6 seems likely to stay as is but no reason why we can't shuffle around some of the other positions etc.

How did Mihochek go against the Giants in the JLT?

Predicted changes
OUTS: Cox, Smith, Phillips
INS: Mayne, Blair, Brown

At least Blair has a dead set crack and would bleed for the jumper - the same can't be said for Smith. Would much prefer Blair in the side if I had to pick between the two.

Mayne will offer more at ground level and forward pressure than Mason Cox will even if Mayne only had one leg.
The way the ball was taken out at will last week was ridiculous. I actually would like to see Mayne given another go this week.

Why not try Brown in the middle and put Treloar on a wing?
We can release WHE up forward as another target. Bloke is class and uses the ball pretty well, would be good spotting up targets coming into the 50.

Possible line up:

B - Langdon Dunn Howe
HB - Murray Moore Maynard
C - Crisp Pendlebury Treloar
HF - Thomas Reid WHE
F - Varcoe Mayne Sidebottom
R - Grundy Adams Brown
INT - Stephenson Aish Blair Crocker

Issue is Buckley would prefer to try and win games with senior spuds than to give our kids exposure.

He's just far to focused on trying to win games to save his own ass, but in doing so digs a deeper hole for himself.

If he just played kids 2-3 years ago we would be far better off this year and the next and the next, and ultimately his career wouldn't be hanging by a thread.

We don't have a list capable of making finals.. but fans want to see Berg, Brown, Daicos, McLarty, Kirby, Stephenson..

There's no shame in saying we cant play finals..

Would be a breath of fresh air If he just put some faith in our youngsters and let them play without this dark cloud of his aspirations of finals and to save his coaching career.

Not disagreeing with most of your post, but Bucks did play the kids 2-3 years ago. He played Grundy, Moore, Maynard, De Goey, Phillips. He would have liked to play Schaz and Broomy more, but they were too often injured. Our other kids of that era weren't good enough and are gone.

We have a new bunch of kids, and I totally agree we now need to get games into them. Bucks has to coach for the club, not his career. Mayne and Blair are not our future. Stephenson, the Browns, Daicos and McLarty are; and hopefully also Sier, Kirby and Murphy. Get games into them, and take the mounting losses.

Beggars belief that you have a bloke like Fasolo sitting in the 2s and you would rather play blokes like Mayne and Blair!

Play the kids Bucks - these senior blokes have let you down time and again. Neither of them did anything in the pre season comp.

Daicos, Scharenberg, Brown are all kids you should be playing over old stagers who arent going to be part of the clubs next run.

Beggars belief that you have a bloke like Fasolo sitting in the 2s and you would rather play blokes like Mayne and Blair!

According to Bucks, he needs more practice before he can be called upon when it looks he would be quite happy with a serviceable performance from the likes of Mayne/Blair. I've said it before and I will say it again, Bucks isn't a reactive coach, he picks his sides based on blokes he can rely to do a role.

Dunn said in his press conference against Hawthorn, there are not many blokes who can say they played their role, and the coach sends these messages to his leaders we are not picking players without exposed role player capability.

Mayne understands the cut and thrust of playing for your career, unfortunately he needs to prove it at the top level in a game where there is so much at stake, but he knows he needs to perform his role because his opportunity will become limited.

If Mayne(unfortunately) gets called up, I would tell him to play a tagging role on Lachie Whitfield. The same way Greenwood played a role on Shaw. If we stop GWS’ quick transistion, we might only lose by 10 goals and not 100 points.

Play the kids Bucks - these senior blokes have let you down time and again. Neither of them did anything in the pre season comp.

Daicos, Scharenberg, Brown are all kids you should be playing over old stagers who arent going to be part of the clubs next run.

This!..

Carlton played 9 players under 30 games experience which were 23 years or younger and took it up to the premiers.

We played 4 players under 30 games experience who are 23 years or younger and got completely outplayed by a bottom 8 team.

I want to see 18-22 games out of:

Scharenberg
Stephenson
Murray
Wills

and 10-15 games from:

Brown
Daicos
Crocker

and 5-10 games from:

Kirby
McLarty
Sier
Murphy

Recognise we are no finals threat and put a plan in place to give this group of players the exposure they need so that we can hit the ground running in 2019.

But instead we'll get Blair and Mayne as the IN's this round.

If Mayne(unfortunately) gets called up, I would tell him to play a tagging role on Lachie Whitfield. The same way Greenwood played a role on Shaw. If we stop GWS’ quick transistion, we might only lose by 10 goals and not 100 points.

The guy used to be a tackling machine..

I don't care if he doesn't kick a goal, if he comes in i want at least 10 tackles (minimum) inside 50 that result in 2-3 goals..

That should be his KPI..

This!..

Carlton played 9 players under 30 games experience which were 23 years or younger and took it up to the premiers.

We played 4 players under 30 games experience who are 23 years or younger and got completely outplayed by a bottom 8 team.

Scharenberg
Stephenson
Murray
Wills

and 10-15 games from:

Brown
Daicos
Crocker

and 5-10 games from:

Kirby
McLarty
Sier
Murphy

Recognise we are no finals threat and put a plan in place to give this group of players the exposure they need so that we can hit the ground running in 2019.

But instead we'll get Blair and Mayne as the IN's this round.

Good post but my edits as follows

Stephenson
Brown
Sier
Murray

and 10-15 games from:

Scharenburg
Daicos
Crocker

and 5-10 games from:

Kirby
McLarty
Murphy
Wills

The guy used to be a tackling machine..

I don't care if he doesn't kick a goal, if he comes in i want at least 10 tackles (minimum) inside 50 that result in 2-3 goals..

That should be his KPI..

Mayne was recruiited to be a defensive forward. That should be EXACTLY his KPI if he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back