Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Go tell the Magpie Faithful, stranger passing by,
that here unready and unable to play AFL quality football we lie.

or something like that.

McGuire and Buckley are Ephors re.. more creature than man.. and we have to respect the word of the Ephors.. that is the law.

You think Buckley will admit he is wrong that quickly?

Moore is a good back but we lack forward atm.

Read the article in the Age......he basically says he wants the backline to gel first before pulling the pin.

By the way I know Bucks wouldn't admit if he is wrong.

AS the old assistant said he is very stubborn.

Every assistant might be saying "we cant score" moore needs to play forward but simply he wont listen

I'm sure these questions have been asked of Buckley at AGMs and members meetings.. only to get press conference type of responses.

Play him backs Bucks.. you know best champ.

Did he seriously suggest Mayne in this week?
Seriously, this shadow that is Nathan Buckley will haunt our club forever.

He's doing a fine job of ruining his legacy and reputation. Even Tony Shaw will be more revered than him at this rate.

I would love to bring Sier in. He has really worked hard this pre-season and shown good form. Would much rather that than Chris Mayne.

Cal brown also needs a spot. We clearly lack crumbers, and he looked good in JLT as well.

Agree. Rather Sier to Mayne and Blair.

Nathan Buckley insists Collingwood won’t lower expectations after Round 1 loss to Hawthorn
SAM EDMUND, Herald Sun
March 27, 2018 2:16pm
Subscriber only

Playmaking Pies Alex Fasolo, Daniel Wells and Jamie Elliott will all miss again.

• With Fasolo set to spend at least another week in the VFL and Wells and Elliott not yet near full fitness, Buckley named Chris Mayne, Jarryd Blair, Tim Broomhead and Brayden Sier as potential inclusions.

But Buckley continued to praise the forward’s positive attitude.

“He had 35 touches on the weekend, not that touches are everything,” Buckley joked, in reference to Tom Mitchell’s 54-disposal haul against the Pies last weekend.

“He had a real good impact and had a real solid pre-season. I think he’s bounced off a pretty disappointing year last year with a first class atitude, which we knew he’s always had.

“He just seems to have his legs under him a bit more, he’s covering the ground better and he’s put himself in the frame. He’ll get his opportunites.”

Asked what it meant that Mayne hadn’t been able to get a Round 1 berth despite injuries to forwards Fasolo and Elliott, Buckley said: “There’s no use going back over it.

“Our attitude to him and any other player is if we think you can help us win a game of footy you’ll play and our players understand that. Mayney has got some fantastic strengths and we’re looking forward to him bringing them to the table.”

What the Wooden Spoon?

lol Fasolo another game in the VFL?
Seriously, i said now almost 2 weeks ago and even mentioned it last year.....our medical,physio department whatever you want to call them- are a joke.

3 weeks of VFL practice matches, yet Cyril Rioli with less preparation and no games can play round 1 seniors, with impact.

Clean out of everyone needed at this club.

It's a joke that this level of "performance" in every job role is acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayne is a certainty going by that article.

Oh well, if he got 35 touches maybe he deserves a go?

Yeah, I’d say it’ll be Mayne and Broomhead. Or maybe Blair.

Slim pickings but I’m happy to see Mayne get another go. Can’t be as bad as COx was last week. And Broomhead can still be a good player. Blair is desperation stakes for me though.

Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Go tell the Magpie Faithful, stranger passing by,
that here unready and unable to play AFL quality football we lie.

or something like that.

Very clever and funny.

P.S Bad Horse I appreciate your good deed you helped make someone a happy man today. ;)

Seriously, i said now almost 2 weeks ago and even mentioned it last year.....our medical,physio department whatever you want to call them- are a joke.

3 weeks of VFL practice matches, yet Cyril Rioli with less preparation and no games can play round 1 seniors, with impact.

Going off this from Buckley not sure Fasolo physically isn't right and more Coaches are holding him back due to perceived attitude or other KPIs.

"Fasolo was good in the VFL last week. He was quiet in his first 2-3 games, but his attitude, effort + output were a lot better on the weekend. We need to see that a bit longer," - Nathan Buckley.

How dare we have someone who hasn't worked hard enough or got the match fitness in.
He was so good in JLT wasn't he!!... Oh wait, he didn't play... So maybe thats why he's not in?

If we through him in and he got injured straight away, you'd be doing the same bitching and moaning you are now.

How dare we have someone who hasn't worked hard enough or got the match fitness in.
He was so good in JLT wasn't he!!... Oh wait, he didn't play... So maybe thats why he's not in?

If we through him in and he got injured straight away, you'd be doing the same bitching and moaning you are now.
If he's at risk to injure in the AFl then he's a risk to get injured in the VFL, probably even more so in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back