Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time are you getting in? Early dinner and drinks in Surry Hills and then leave the city at 6pm would get you to the game (after a couple of short walks and a 45 minute train ride) with plenty of time to spare.
Hopefully they put direct trains on.

Or not. It's always fun trekking halfway across Lidcombe looking for Platform 0.

I can’t for the life of me work out why the Giants don’t wear their black strip as they wore against Swans when playing Hawthorn. The two times they’ve played each other this year you could barely recognise who was who.
Them wearing black and us wearing either.
A) - Our Away strip
B) - Our clash strip

Would be a better contrast on field.

The other thing also is there's a 30 Seconds To Mars concert at the basketball venue there on Saturday night too. So I imagine there will be 10k people going to that as well. Think doors open about the same time as or slightly earlier than the game starting, but the main act probably won't get going till 8:30 or 9 and will probably go to the best part of 11pm, so might not increase all that much traffic/congestion for those of us trying to get to/from the game.

Just over ~20k. It should be a sell out but I'd expect members to be fine to get tickets.

Yeah, been to the Ribs and Rumps and the "Brewery" (not sure if it's still called that) there, and I've seen a few other places open up over the last few years. They're all fine from what I can tell, but will absolutely be busy.
Anywhere close enough that you know of for a drop off point by car for my 90 yr old Mum?

What time are you getting in? Early dinner and drinks in Surry Hills and then leave the city at 6pm would get you to the game (after a couple of short walks and a 45 minute train ride) with plenty of time to spare.
I've allowed all afternoon (had some hairy delays over the past few years) so this might be a good move. Google keeps telling me I need to get a bus from Strathfield but as Grasshopper17 says is there a special game day train?

The other thing also is there's a 30 Seconds To Mars concert at the basketball venue there on Saturday night too. So I imagine there will be 10k people going to that as well. Think doors open about the same time as or slightly earlier than the game starting, but the main act probably won't get going till 8:30 or 9 and will probably go to the best part of 11pm, so might not increase all that much traffic/congestion for those of us trying to get to/from the game.
It'll mean parking will be at a premium - 100% prebook if you're driving in.

I've allowed all afternoon (had some hairy delays over the past few years) so this might be a good move. Google keeps telling me I need to get a bus from Strathfield but as Grasshopper17 says is there a special game day train?
Train from Central to Lidcombe, and then train from Lidcombe. Google is funny with directions to Olympic Park outside of event times.

Yeah Google maps always says that! Normally I trust Google but on this it's got rocks in its head.

Honestly the best thing to do is download the TripView app on your phone. It will keep you informed as to scheduled services and how they're running time-wise. It doesn't look like special trains are currently scheduled (the "T1,T7" denotes you have to get two trains to get from Central to Olympic Park). But it's only Monday morning and the game was only scheduled 36 hours ago, so that could change and hopefully it does.

Screenshot_20240909_094326_TripView Lite.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been allocated top tier seats (your bay number will start with a "4")? All mine keep coming up with a "2" (bottom tier) which I am not amused by. Thinking I might have to wait a bit.
Bottom tier at Giants Stadium are all elevated a couple of metres above the field, so you get a much MUCH better view than at ground level in any other ground I've been to.

Depending on demand, top tier tickets might not even be in play yet because they're usually shut to begin with.

Bottom tier at Giants Stadium are all elevated a couple of metres above the field, so you get a much MUCH better view than at ground level in any other ground I've been to.

Depending on demand, top tier tickets might not even be in play yet because they're usually shut to begin with.
Yep that's what I thought. Have been to the Showground plenty of times... Still prefer to be in the top tier haha. Might have to wait till GA goes on sale I suppose.

I can’t for the life of me work out why the Giants don’t wear their black strip as they wore against Swans when playing Hawthorn. The two times they’ve played each other this year you could barely recognise who was who.
Hate t say it ,but that black strip could be the best footy jumper going around. Except for Lions jumpers of course

In my mind it looks like a training jumper, a very nice looking training jumper. But I don't get how people rate it as one of the best in the league.
I own one, I love wearing it, but I actually agree that it looks like very well-planned training gear rather than a game guernsey.

Maybe Bailey just needs to set an alarm
Bailey's playing a bit better since he adopted a more team oriented mindset. He still gets carried away occasionally.

But if he can keep this up into next season he could become a very valuable player with the right mix of defensive and offensive assets the latter of which he will become better at using judiciously. Maybe getting injured this year will help his development over the long term.

Nobody would give us chance against the Cats at the G if we make it to the prelim.
Could be an awesome weekend for some mates and I if so. We're going down irrespective as we've got tickets to see Parkway Drive on the Sunday night in Melbourne and are going early on the Friday and hoping the Lions make it to the PF to take on the Cats on the Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back