Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah not when you have the likes of LDU, Sheez, Phillips, Powell, Wardlaw, Ford, Goater, McKercher and Duursma. Plus plenty of other younger players that show promise in Bergman, Harvey, George, Biggy, Dawson and co.
That young talent takes years to put together. Of course the list still needs work but we should be knocking on the door of the 8 in 26.

I personally think it will all come together quicker than people think, but that's due to Clarko, Viney and the coaching group rather than the list

This is a good point.

Experience for it's own sake is a waste of time. I'd rather a hungry player with some weapons from the state leagues who has played zero games of AFL footy than a 60 game player who has only shown they're not up to it and/or don't give a s**t.

Yeah man Toby Pink's played his three AFL games of his career

This team should hear 'Nam choppers when they play an understrength Hawthorn.

2 years on the trot just rolling up like we'll canter through only to be pantsed.

For the love of God North, please get it done this time.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Man we can't just chuck out 600 games of experience for 25 plus Zurhaar
McDonald is the only home grown one on there.
The rest are mercenaries.

Corr has been shit all year. Go back and find form in the VFL.
Stephens enough has been said.
Tucker pushing Bailey to a half back and offering absolutely nothing on the wing himself is killing us.
And Fisher is an embarrassment to the jumper. Simply refuses to go when its his turn. Im not talking about recklessly throwing himself into a contest, I'm talking going for the footy when it was there to be won.
So yeh they all have long term deals but they can f***ing rot in the VFL.

Fisher in particular. Could have saved 3 goals on the weekend but didn't show enough desperation.

If this football club had standards and genuine leaders he would have been told Monday he wasnt playing this week and to go train with Lynchy.
But we dont. And so rinse and repeat the muppet show rolls on

Last edited:
His ball drop will always be his limitation. But his positioning is perfect for a winger and is usually there when we need him.
Honestly, he's great except for the fact that he is just not damaging at all. I think paired with a very dangerous winger on the other side it would be less of an issue. Scott has been more back inclined this year (which I don't think suits him that well either) and even then he's not exactly super reliable with disposal either so probably not the best combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, this is year one of a rebuild.

Clarko and Viney aim to make our rebuild as fast as possible by bringing in more and better senior players than Noble had.

They're also moving the magnets around a la Chom to the backline.

But its still truly week 6 of a rebuild, not year 6.
Bullshit

I don’t think smashings are fun, I feel like my enjoyment just comes from good footy not specifically hawthorn.
That's very generous of you, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't settle for a humiliating capitulation by your mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back