Changes v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised Lipi was dropped. Should have been Hunter.

Nervous about tomorrow. The last few years we’ve been deplorable in games we should have won easily. Makes me anxious. Hope we get on the front foot early.
Yeah nah watchEd the replay again today and he earned his spot

I picked Lipinski to be omitted because of the 50 he gave away. It seems to me this year Bevo is in no frame of mind to easily forgive mistakes like that from the more experienced players. He is demanding the optimal input from everyone, the bar has been raised a lot, as JJ, Cordy and now Wally have found out. Plus the addition of Treloar and Martin, 2 quality players who have also raised the stakes. This year there is the greatest competition for places we have seen for some time, with our minimal injury list 🤞🤞🤞, and the maturity of our core players. Our window is NOW.
It was a monumentally stupid mistake

McNiel and Scott might not be playing fantastic footy but at least they're running out there every week and having a go.

"If you have a go, you'll get a go." - Luke Bevidge
We also whinge about our lack of chemistry up forward. Well a large group of them are now getting consecutive games together which can only be a good thing long term.

Last edited:
And all that work has resulted in hardly any tackles, goals or pressure acts.

Not sure what the value of two blokes running around a footy field doing next to sweet f$ck all is.

No point being fast if you can’t impact the game in some fashion.

There is very little rationalisation for McNeil still being in the team and absolutely zero for Scott.

Cant imagine what’s guys like West, Cav and co are thinking
Can’t pressure if you are not keeping up

Dude no offence but having the 2nd most sprints in a game is nothing to write home about, I don’t doubt he’s doing things that I’m not seeing but fu** me we’re clutching at scores if having a few “sprints” is enough to earn you consistent senior footy

Edit: wtf even is a sprint, is this a new thing? How many kph registers a sprint? Is a sprint relative to the speed of the players, I.e can stef Martin get more sprints than JJ if he tries harder even if he doesn’t hit the same top speeds? I’m bamboozled. How many sprints to advantage does Scott need this week for 3 votes?
It’s running fast

Dude no offence but having the 2nd most sprints in a game is nothing to write home about, I don’t doubt he’s doing things that I’m not seeing but fu** me we’re clutching at scores if having a few “sprints” is enough to earn you consistent senior footy

Edit: wtf even is a sprint, is this a new thing? How many kph registers a sprint? Is a sprint relative to the speed of the players, I.e can stef Martin get more sprints than JJ if he tries harder even if he doesn’t hit the same top speeds? I’m bamboozled. How many sprints to advantage does Scott need this week for 3 votes?
Workmate is required to retain structure and sprints are part of that, particularly as teams seem to be trying for the switch to the fat side more often.

Dusty doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, but others do the gut running and defensive stuff so he can get ahead of the ball.
it's a selfless role, but maybe Scott is our defensive cover to let guys like Laith take off that split second earlier, allowing him to find space up forward and therefore kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill be interested to see who goes as sub. I think scott is a decent option given he can play forward or back and has been fine without doing anything great in his 2 games. happy to see JJ back even if i was happy to see him left out of the side to light a fire under his arse. its just a fact that we are a better time with an in form JJ, but it does get old watching an out of form JJ

Ill be interested to see who goes as sub. I think scott is a decent option given he can play forward or back and has been fine without doing anything great in his 2 games. happy to see JJ back even if i was happy to see him left out of the side to light a fire under his arse. its just a fact that we are a better time with an in form JJ, but it does get old watching an out of form JJ

the sub wont be anyone named in the 22 - one of the emg will be sub, most likely Jong

JJ should spend the rest of his career in the fwd half, and the template should be the way he played against the hawks in the 1st qtr last year. This change should have been made in 2017 when he got completely blanketed for a month, and it was clear he was finished as an elite half back.

Unfortunately when the heat was on last week Lippy was nowhere to be seen. Not sure what he is missing but he's still not quite there.
I think Monica is missing the fierce desire to come out on top in each and every contest. He isn't scared but if he isn't in the exact right spot, he doesn't fight tooth and nail to come out on top. I feel that it is his work rate when he doesn't have ball in hand, is quite where it needs to be considering he doesn't have the closing speed to make up for it.

Has to be Hunter back to the wing and JJ into his forward role doesn’t it.

Is Scott going into the Wallis role, or will we just plug another mid in there?? Seemed like the perfect time to bring in Cavarra or west (if not for McNeill). Either way, hurry up JUH. That spot is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has to be Hunter back to the wing and JJ into his forward role doesn’t it.

Is Scott going into the Wallis role, or will we just plug another mid in there?? Seemed like the perfect time to bring in Cavarra or west (if not for McNeill). Either way, hurry up JUH. That spot is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep I'm seeing Scott go forward

I picked Lipinski to be omitted because of the 50 he gave away. It seems to me this year Bevo is in no frame of mind to easily forgive mistakes like that from the more experienced players. He is demanding the optimal input from everyone, the bar has been raised a lot, as JJ, Cordy and now Wally have found out. Plus the addition of Treloar and Martin, 2 quality players who have also raised the stakes. This year there is the greatest competition for places we have seen for some time, with our minimal injury list 🤞🤞🤞, and the maturity of our core players. Our window is NOW.

...if that was true hunter woulve been dropped for his last qtr panicked kick off the ground that led directly too Williams finding himself in a 3 on 1 contest thathe was good/lucky enough to win. I think we need to look elsewhere when trying to rationalise this weeks changes, because hunters brain fade had potential to be of far greater consequence than lipinskis did.

Shouldn’t be surprised but I am

Really filthy with Bevo and his ability to back in his favourites and not treat others in the same way

Wallis down on form yes but managed three shots on goal and almost a fourth with a finger ripper in the square - and he is vice captain

cavarra has worked his arse off for years and is kicking bags all preseason

yet we persist with McNeal who had not been made to earn his stripes at all
His first game was a horror with single figure efficiency - and did 1 thing last game with the intercept

And Scott - where is his accountability - the guy hadn’t played as a small back and they throw him in above those who have toiled and proven themselves for years

where is the accountability ? To treat some so harshly and others so favourably

Instead we will play JJ as a fwd - can almost guarantee it. Another makeshift fwd rather than Wallis who has fwd craft.

Then there is Lipinski - I can’t possibly manage to explain this - read on twitter some saying his fumbling cost two goals

how many goals has Gardner cost how many did Daniel cost last week but don’t see them treated the same

Some say Lipinski ball use - the guy went at over 80% last week, figures Hunter would see as his best overtime but Hunter never dropped for that specific reason

The playing group would be filthy - and those who I know have concurred - when there is no consistency in decisions it leads anything but harmony

every year for the last three we see us f around with team selection first half of the year before settling it down in the run home where we make our charge.
I’m quickly getting over the match committee

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back