Changes v Pies (Rd 12) - Dawes in for Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think they can kick a big score against us if Cloke doesn't fire, so a lot comes down to both him and how we go against Pendlebury/Swan/Beams. If only one of those three gets away from us I think we can pull off the upset, but if it is more than one we'll find it really hard.

I do think their defence is very vulnerable though, and with the decent form our talls are in if we break even in the midfield and Cloke doesn't go nuts (Lot of ifs) we will go VERY close.

I really don't think they can kick a big score against us if Cloke doesn't fire, so a lot comes down to both him and how we go against Pendlebury/Swan/Beams. If only one of those three gets away from us I think we can pull off the upset, but if it is more than one we'll find it really hard.

I do think their defence is very vulnerable though, and with the decent form our talls are in if we break even in the midfield and Cloke doesn't go nuts (Lot of ifs) we will go VERY close.

Thats crap, Cloke's done **** all this year and Collingwood are flying

Not really, as I said we need to break even in the middle as well.

Sidebottom and Maxwell aren't huge outs but they will hurt, Sidebottom kicks a lot of goals from midfield and their best defence has Maxwell in it.

There middle is still elite
The backline is vulnerable in the air yes but with Williams, Seedsman, Langdon and Lumumba they are a really good rebounding defence

There forward line is still getting the job done without Cloke
Fasolo and Elliot are as good a small forwards as their are in the league

What I like is that we're regularly putting out the same side each week. There's a continuity, which means the players are getting more and more familiar with their roles, as well as their new teammates. It helps bring trust in each other.

Other than Dawes and Frawley missing a game each it's pretty much the same 22 every week for the last month, or so, and I think this will hold us in good stead.

What I like is that we're regularly putting out the same side each week. There's a continuity, which means the players are getting more and more familiar with their roles, as well as their new teammates. It helps bring trust in each other.

Other than Dawes and Frawley missing a game each it's pretty much the same 22 every week for the last month, or so, and I think this will hold us in good stead.

agree!!
the more i think about it the more i recon Riley will come in for the Toump, and run with pendles.

So much better than the merry-go-round system of yesteryear..

agree!!
the more i think about it the more i recon Riley will come in for the Toump, and run with pendles.
I doubt it. Riley looked cooked by half time in his game the other week, and has had no further match fitness since then. No way in hell can he run with one of the best players in the league. If they want a defensive role, bring in McKenzie for Toumpas.

Fasolo and Elliot are as good a small forwards as their are in the league
You can't help but laugh when you think about our small forward fortunes since Davey's form dropped a few years ago. Blokes like Maric were never going to make it and then we drafted JKH who seemed like a gem up forward in his first few games before it became evident to everyone that he had much more to offer in the midfield. So now we have a perfectly good small forward but it's a waste to play him as such.

You can't help but laugh when you think about our small forward fortunes since Davey's form dropped a few years ago. Blokes like Maric were never going to make it and then we drafted JKH who seemed like a gem up forward in his first few games before it became evident to everyone that he had much more to offer in the midfield.

Christian Salem is the best small forward we have had since Davey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else keep forgetting Michie plays for us?

I'm a big Michie fan and I think Roos is too. Unfortunately the jaw injury and then the stuff-around with VFL byes etc means Viv hasn't had a chance to build a good month of footy to really push his case. He's had two very good games in the VFL and might need one or two more before banging the door down.

(In saying that, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him picked for Monday)

Its crazy to think that we have Michie, Trengove, Riley, Mckenzie and essentially Toumpas not in the starting midfield and yet our midfield is more than competitive considering where we came from last year

Cross, Vince and Tyson have all made HUGE impacts in the middle

Its crazy to think that we have Michie, Trengove, Riley, Mckenzie and essentially Toumpas not in the starting midfield and yet our midfield is more than competitive considering where we came from last year

i's great that our high draft picks get to learn about the game at an AFL/VFL standard a bit before being thrown in the deep end like previous years.
i love the fact that we develop them our way before playing them.

toump has already benefited from this and will further once he picks up his defensive side more.

and HUGE is an understatement.

Blease is a complete spud
Not really. He can't defend, but he's good for a goal a game.

I'm hoping he's one of those players that will flourish when there's something to play for.

I'm sorry, but this is just plain silly.

I should elaborate. I reckon there are only 4 good sides in the competition, namely, Sydney, a fit Hawthorn, Port and Freo, the rest are ordinary with degrees separating how ordinary.

Collingwood are ordinary, as are Geelong and the rest of the competition. The week before we played Richmond they outscored the Cats 8 goals to 3 after half time.

The talent pool is spread thin and there are some crap sides outside the top 4. The word "crap" may be overplaying it, but I do think Collingwood, especially without Ben Reid, are ordinary.

Not really. He can't defend, but he's good for a goal a game.

I'm hoping he's one of those players that will flourish when there's something to play for.

Mate Shannon Byrnes was good for a goal game , Sam blease is fast and thats it
Has no footy brains, Often runs without any actual plan of where he is running too and gets into trouble, and often runs so fast he shanks his kick

I would be very surprised if he plays good AFL footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back