Changes v Pies (Rd 12) - Dawes in for Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. He can't defend, but he's good for a goal a game.

I'm hoping he's one of those players that will flourish when there's something to play for.

Mate Shannon Byrnes was good for a goal game , Sam blease is fast and thats it
Has no footy brains, Often runs without any actual plan of where he is running too and gets into trouble, and often runs so fast he shanks his kick

I would be very surprised if he plays good AFL footy

Not really. He can't defend, but he's good for a goal a game.

I'm hoping he's one of those players that will flourish when there's something to play for.

Mate Shannon Byrnes was good for a goal game , Sam blease is fast and thats it
Has no footy brains, Often runs without any actual plan of where he is running too and gets into trouble, and often runs so fast he shanks his kick

I would be very surprised if he plays good AFL footy

I should elaborate. I reckon there are only 4 good sides in the competition, namely, Sydney, a fit Hawthorn, Port and Freo, the rest are ordinary with degrees separating how ordinary.

Fair enough. But we beat Sydney, Port have played like this for one season, and Freo have shown nothing this year. Hawks have injury problems.

Collingwood are ordinary, as are Geelong and the rest of the competition. The week before we played Richmond they outscored the Cats 8 goals to 3 after half time.

Ordinary, or just in the midst of semi-rebuilds? It's extra-ordinary that the Pies and Geelong continue to compete. No Collingwood supporter expected us to compete the way we have this year because we recognise where we sit at the moment, but a 7-3 record and a percentage of 118% is anything but ordinary. The only game where we have been comprehensively outplayed was round 1 - we didn't turn up and Freo did.

Fair enough. But we beat Sydney, Port have played like this for one season, and Freo have shown nothing this year. Hawks have injury problems.

Ordinary, or just in the midst of semi-rebuilds? It's extra-ordinary that the Pies and Geelong continue to compete. No Collingwood supporter expected us to compete the way we have this year because we recognise where we sit at the moment, but a 7-3 record and a percentage of 118% is anything but ordinary.

I'm not judging your list and I reckon there's plenty of upside for Collingwood, I'm more judging on the 4 teams I expect to be genuine chances at year's end. You're right about Freo, but I reckon they'll come to the fore at the right time.

It's a year when I reckon just about any team can get rolled by an 'also ran' if they're not on their game and that the competition as a whole has never been closer.

Ordinary, or just in the midst of semi-rebuilds? It's extra-ordinary that the Pies and Geelong continue to compete. No Collingwood supporter expected us to compete the way we have this year because we recognise where we sit at the moment, but a 7-3 record and a percentage of 118% is anything but ordinary. The only game where we have been comprehensively outplayed was round 1 - we didn't turn up and Freo did.

I wasn't a big advocate of Buckley and I thought he stuffed up gutting the senior blokes but once again you guys sit 7-3 with a reasonably young 22 and no signs of dropping off

You do realise that Melbourne gets all the cash from the game, right?

The argument I would use is that Collingwood don't get the big games, they are the big games. People complain that Collingwood get a lot of games at the mcg, but that's because every team wants to play Collingwood at the g. Just once I would like to see pies play Geelong at Simmonds stadium, but that will never happen. Biggest club in the land get the big games.

You do realise that Melbourne gets all the cash from the game, right?

Good point - sorry, I had forgotten this is a Melbourne home game every year.

That said, I still have a huge beef with the AFL fixturing in general - and it definitely favours the big clubs.

I know its a long season, but until everyone plays each other twice a year (home and away) and the fixture is a random draw - the integrity of the competition is utterly flawed. Both for on-field and financial reasons.

Must admit, good responses from all of you. Most forums on Bigfooty would just tell opposition supporters to get stuffed.
We're all just so relieved and loved up at the fact that we have a footy team that, finally, we're actually all proud to be associated with. This is a novel feeling for most of us. We don't know how to respond.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Agree with this 100% my GF's family are mad Collingwood supporters and at the start of the season they had written it off as a complete rebuild year so weren't expecting much, so a great effort by the Pies to sit where they are during a semi-rebuild and they are yet to unleash Sharenberg and Freeman :eek:

Agree with this 100% my GF's family are mad Collingwood supporters and at the start of the season they had written it off as a complete rebuild year so weren't expecting much, so a great effort by the Pies to sit where they are during a semi-rebuild and they are yet to unleash Sharenberg and Freeman :eek:
Once Taylor Adams gets his form back too they'll be set. Ridiculous to think of the brigade of midfielders they'll have for the next decade - Sidebottom, Freeman, Adams, Scharenberg, Kennedy, Broomhead and probably Elliot running through their eventually too. Scary potential and they have the existing experience and structures to develop these players and whomever else they draft properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and broomhead, this kid is a gun. from back my way. have seen first hand. Coll like the south aussie young lads in the draft!

A lot of people want Gawn out and while he did play poorly would like to see him earn some respect back. i do agree Pedo could take to the ruck pretty well in this game but i would rather he not be restricted to rucking when Jamar is off the ground. So for me Gawn stays, Terlich can be dropped for Dawes and i think frawley should move back down back.

Once Taylor Adams gets his form back too they'll be set. Ridiculous to think of the brigade of midfielders they'll have for the next decade - Sidebottom, Freeman, Adams, Scharenberg, Kennedy, Broomhead and probably Elliot running through their eventually too. Scary potential and they have the existing experience and structures to develop these players and whomever else they draft properly.

The worst part is apart from Adams who I cant remember none of those blokes are top 5 picks

Sidebottom, Fasolo, Elliot, Reid, Brown, Blair, Frost, Lumumba, Williams, Seedsman etc so much quality taken later in the draft and thats IF Freeman and Scharenburg arent guns as well which with Salem at 9 and them either side you would have to think they are decent

Think you forgot Beams, who's the best of the lot.

I don't think any are better than Buckley, Swan or Pendles though.

Think you forgot Beams, who's the best of the lot.

I don't think any are better than Buckley, Swan or Pendles though.
Yep, forgot him because he's so good he didn't register in my mind as young :S Even though he's the same age as Sidebottom it feels more like he sits in the bracket of Swan and Pendles.

I reckon Scharenberg will be the best of this lot (so not inc. those three), classy footballer. It'll be interesting to see if they manage to hold onto all of them.

The worst part is apart from Adams who I cant remember none of those blokes are top 5 picks
Adams was pick #13 IIRC.

I just don't see how it can work, Pedo is the odd one out as far as structure goes but he's playing far too well to make way.

Pedo is the ultimate utility atm and must play (as you said). I think we can lose Gawn for Dawes. I love Gawn but he wont be best 22 until Jamar retires. At the moment he gets called up when players are injured or suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back